Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Feb 01 2023, 12:48 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexm2012 View Post
when opening my regular quests it wont let me start even though my facs arent at 100% it won't let me start batch tried 2 browsers and cleared mem
Hi Alexm,
Are you loading the item needed through the quest manager or the facility manager?
Make sure you are not out of required ingredient and that you have all the previous boxes needed for making the item.
If when you try to start an item in a facility, that it has both a Start Batch anf +1 buttons. If it doesn't then you can't start a batch.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Feb 02 2023, 12:22 PM

Default Multiple issues

I've encountered a couple of issues this week while working on my coop quests and super facility. As others have had mentioned, when I try to start production of items required for my coop quests I am unable to start them even though the facilities are not at 100%. I have tried to start turpentine for one of my quests for 2 days and when I use the facility manager to start all my facilities, the turpentine does not start. I tried after letting my facilities sit for about 10 hours and it still wouldn't start the turpentine. I have not tried starting through the coop manager.

I also have noticed that when I try to fill my super facility I get the message that there are no super facility items available even though I have just used the facility manager to store and fill all my facilities after having the facilities sit overnight. This too has happened 2 days in a row. Perhaps they are somehow related.
Old Feb 02 2023, 12:35 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin66 View Post
I've encountered a couple of issues this week while working on my coop quests and super facility. As others have had mentioned, when I try to start production of items required for my coop quests I am unable to start them even though the facilities are not at 100%. I have tried to start turpentine for one of my quests for 2 days and when I use the facility manager to start all my facilities, the turpentine does not start. I tried after letting my facilities sit for about 10 hours and it still wouldn't start the turpentine. I have not tried starting through the coop manager.

I also have noticed that when I try to fill my super facility I get the message that there are no super facility items available even though I have just used the facility manager to store and fill all my facilities after having the facilities sit overnight. This too has happened 2 days in a row. Perhaps they are somehow related.
Hi Penguin,
I have looked at your co-op quests and I do not see a quest that you have open for making turpentine as the last step. That is the only step for a co-op quest that you can make an item in your own facilities. All other steps have to be gotten from your neighbors quests or through the use of the help notes.
It is always best to start any items for quests that need a facility start from the quest managers and start a single batch rather than using the start all. That way if it doesn't take for some reason, then you still have room to try again.

For the super facility have you checked your spice facility to see if it has a check in the box for that facility in your facility manager? Also open the spice facility and make sure there is a check in each product box.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Feb 02 2023, 01:11 PM

Thanks for the information Taz. I mis-spoke when I said it was a co-op quest for the turpentine. It was a regular quest for the magicians rolling table. I was able to go through the quest manager and start the turpentine for the quest. I find it strange that the other regular quests were started through the facility manager.

I checked my spice factory that is my super facility this week and the factory manager shows a check in front of the factory as do all the items in the spice factory. I had to manually start the items in one spice factory and then the super facility products were able to be loaded as normal. This is definitely different than it has been in the past when I have been able to store all/load all in my facility manager and have my super facility items ready to load in my trading warehouse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Penguin,
I have looked at your co-op quests and I do not see a quest that you have open for making turpentine as the last step. That is the only step for a co-op quest that you can make an item in your own facilities. All other steps have to be gotten from your neighbors quests or through the use of the help notes.
It is always best to start any items for quests that need a facility start from the quest managers and start a single batch rather than using the start all. That way if it doesn't take for some reason, then you still have room to try again.

For the super facility have you checked your spice facility to see if it has a check in the box for that facility in your facility manager? Also open the spice facility and make sure there is a check in each product box.
Old Feb 02 2023, 01:16 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin66 View Post
Thanks for the information Taz. I mis-spoke when I said it was a co-op quest for the turpentine. It was a regular quest for the magicians rolling table. I was able to go through the quest manager and start the turpentine for the quest. I find it strange that the other regular quests were started through the facility manager.

I checked my spice factory that is my super facility this week and the factory manager shows a check in front of the factory as do all the items in the spice factory. I had to manually start the items in one spice factory and then the super facility products were able to be loaded as normal. This is definitely different than it has been in the past when I have been able to store all/load all in my facility manager and have my super facility items ready to load in my trading warehouse.
Hi penguin,
Only thing I can suggest is try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.
If your farm is open close it. Then reopen and try again.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

See if that helps. I tried as you said and had no problems. The turpentine is a 6 hour product so you may not have had any available to start at the time. As I said it is best to start a single batch for the quest steps in case it doesn't start right, so you can go back and try again.
Old Feb 07 2023, 08:08 AM

Default Ingredient missing for Quest

Help! I'm trying to complete the Birthday Cake Cookies in a Quest. Missing is the Grain Alcohol to finish the vanilla extract.
Old Feb 07 2023, 08:13 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elayne Williams View Post
Help! I'm trying to complete the Birthday Cake Cookies in a Quest. Missing is the Grain Alcohol to finish the vanilla extract.
Hi Elayne,
You need to harvest the corn to make the Grain Alcohol.
Old Feb 07 2023, 09:20 PM

The corn is havested. Also missing in the quest is lard.
Old Feb 07 2023, 09:27 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elayne Williams View Post
The corn is havested. Also missing in the quest is lard.
Hi Elayne,
What quest is ths for?

If it is a regular quest you make the grain alcohol in the distillery and get the lard in the semi-trailer truck. You own both of those facilities.
If it is a co-op quest then you will need to get those from a neighbor's co-op quest or with help notes.
Old Feb 09 2023, 04:40 AM

Hi, I used the trading lifeline in a regular quest and a kind farmer in the market sold me some wheat. Unfortunately the quest is showing I still need it.
What am I doing wrong please?

Thanks

Tags
8 quests, brown quests, completed quest, employee lifeline, friends list, gift issues, gift lifeline, lifeline, lifelines, personal quests, quest, quest manager, quest rewards, quest time, quests, quests completed, regular quests, trader lifeline