Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jan 23 2012, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjohn726 View Post

And what's with the facebook changes to require a cell phone for ones account? The result of that will require us to work more like teams, for me that would be fine as all my working career I either worked on a team or managed a team,

I have heard that when FB "suspects" that someone has more than one account, they "ask" for a confirmation with a cell phone number.

IMHO, why should they even care if someone has more than one account, perhaps for personal, perhaps for business. I can understand some concern for age in some instances. But they have gone over the edge on lots of their supposed enhancements.

One of my sons was asked for a phone number, and he gave it. Now he hopes they don't ask for one for his wife and teenage sons too. Maybe it is the FB way of getting more people to buy cell phones. lol

by the way.....

I did hear on a radio show that it was an Apple product (either iphone or ipad or whatever) that comes with many apps pre-loaded. And one of the apps if that OTHER farm game.

Maybe that is why they have so many "active" users... hahahahaha

Old Jan 23 2012, 12:12 PM
Account Not Linked

I have mines on all farms. If it does not fit the theme, I just hide them in the trees.
Old Jan 23 2012, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjohn726 View Post
by the way I need more land to plant more stuff on, farm 13 was great as were those upgrades to farm 11 and 12. But? I really need more land, like a lot more, and I know that is on it's way, but for me sooner will be better than later.

And what's with the facebook changes to require a cell phone for ones account? The result of that will require us to work more like teams, for me that would be fine as all my working career I either worked on a team or managed a team, however, others basically are solo. Therefore, that change seems to be coming in facebook and I do know that Slash Key is aware of that so is that what the Quests are really about 'working more as teams?'

Oh!!! This upgrade is great by the way also
The only time I have seen that is when they say your password is weak and that is some one other then FB, they never ask for that info.
Old Jan 23 2012, 01:19 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmyer View Post
When we invite neighbors to work in our factories and clients we have in the past been able to change the list and save it until we change it again. now we save changes and it does not save. Are we missing something? We would both like to change the people we invite from time to time. Thanks for your help.
That is a Facebook function and not controlled by Farm Town. Nothing they can do about that.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 24 2012, 12:04 PM

OK, I'm late to the game since the release has been out for 3 days and I haven't chimed in. I love the update!

1. I'm grateful that we got Farm 13 which is fully expanded, plowed, planted and designed with facilities, streets and decorations.

2. LOVE, LOVE, Love having new crops. I'm already reached many of the belts and Dan's for them. It's nice to have new crops to plant, vs. continuing to build my enormous stock pile of crops in storage. Please keep them coming!

3. Most of all, I was really excited that some of the existing facilities had new items to produce! Loved that some were multi-step production items (Candle Lantern) This added a great challenge to get my facilities up to 100% utilization. I had to rework the number of supporting facilities to make that happen. PLEASE, PLEASE, keep adding items to the existing facilities. There are many great ideas in the suggestions topic. Hopefully that is easier coding to complete vs new buildings and service facilities. For me, it was a real nice challenge, since simply posting for workers didn't necessarily work, since the multi-step items would complete each step of the way!

4. Really looking forward to the Quests. I like the way they were explained, and looks like we will be able to do them with out begging! I'll wait and see, but I like what has been shared!

5. Levels, nice, but would definitely like more to be released each time. But I don't know what goes into the coding and programming, so I'll just accept that the Dev's are doing what they can to keep those that are maxed out as happy as they can.

6. Belts & Dans, Like the opportunity to get "free" production, and the pop ups do create a mild head ache when working in Facility Manager. I missed the one I wanted to post because they come up so quickly. I knew it was coming by reviewing the Belt window prior to working the facilities. The first three, which I didn't want to post from the facility came slowly, where I actually could close them while working. Unfortunately, the one I wanted to post and share was replaced so quickly with one I didn't want to share. I watch what my neighbors are asking for in the ingredient requests, so when I review and see that I might reach a belt, I make a note to post that ingredient/item. Some how we need some options with the pop ups. I think the Dev's fixed it so you could only have one hire request pop up at a time, it would be good to deploy that with these pop ups as well, but based on the comments, that would likely anger other players. Please explore a solution.

Now, a criticism... The Belts & Dans are great for facilities your neighbors can work. For the Mineral Mine, Open Pit Mine, Oil Pump and Semi-Truck, they just don't work to a players benefit. Yes, we save coins (I've watched the coins come back after I was done loading). I know for me, the challenge with these facilities is not an issue of having the funds to stock them, but the amount and speed at which they produce the products. It would be nice for the non-workable facilities if we received bonus finished goods and not free production of goods. I think this would be a nice balance, if the Devs don't want to make these facilities workable.

There's my humble opinion. I'm sure that some will disagree, and that's OK. We all play they way we like to play, and that's the great thing about Farm Town that separates it from the OTHER farming game!

---Jerry

Farmtown: Where everyone can play the way they want to play, and still enjoy a great game together!

My Quest Plot Farm
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...1897&farm_ix=2
Old Jan 24 2012, 12:43 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcassemjr View Post
OK, I'm late to the game since the release has been out for 3 days and I haven't chimed in. I love the update!

Now, a criticism... The Belts & Dans are great for facilities your neighbors can work. For the Mineral Mine, Open Pit Mine, Oil Pump and Semi-Truck, they just don't work to a players benefit. !
We will get extra product from the posting of these belts for a while if we can just post them with care, but like others I do wish that neighbors could help in them even at a reduced rate.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Jan 24 2012, 02:54 PM
Account Not Linked

Cool Complaint and wish list

I am pleased there is another farm and more crops. However, please add some more two hour crops. I am sick to death of raspberries and I am sure others are also.
I am not pleased ( in fact I am furious!) that you reduced the prices on the previous expansions after many bought them. What is up with that? Not very nice of you and definitely now player friendly. You should refund those that bought them out the inflated prices the difference back because it's the right thing to do. If we want to be screwed over we can play the Zynga games.

Thank you.
Old Jan 24 2012, 06:27 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Thanks for all the new goodies!
Old Jan 24 2012, 06:31 PM

Belts for dans popup solution, Hey Raul- how about a "sidebox"after all the bonuses are done calculating and we can Pick and choose which ones we want at 1 time?

AND......EXPAND the GIFT Box, since we are getting so Many bonuses, and dont wanna store 10,000 of one item to have a Bigger gift box, also instead of the "++" we actually can see how many over 99 we have(102 or 132?) just sayin.............

was also wondering actually how big the "HARVEST STORAGE" is??.5 million items, or what?..if that makes sense?..

AWESOME Game devs, keep up great work
Old Jan 24 2012, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpa View Post
We will get extra product from the posting of these belts for a while if we can just post them with care, but like others I do wish that neighbors could help in them even at a reduced rate.
Agreed, but you have to be able to catch the post before it is replaced by one you don't want to post. Even then, then reward is limited by both quantity and availability within the "limit" of bonuses. The Crop, Tree, Fish and Flower belts/Dan's have a real production benefit longer term with boost in out put. With the Fertilizer and Sprinkler, the output and speed of production on Crops, Trees, Fish and Flowers is boosted even further.

While paying for less on the production in the Mines, Oil Pump & Semi is a benefit, I think that most players don't have an issue with having the cash to start the production (unless you are saving for the expansions for new farm). The issue is getting the increased production from those "coin" non-workable facilities. Once we get all the facilities with Belths/Dan's, we will require less from the mines to keep the Metal Mill full, and fewer Metal Mills to keep the other facilities full, same with the items in the Semi & Oil Pump. That is the cart driving the horse until we get to the 6th Degree Dan for all of the facilities.

Still, I appreciate everything Raul & the other Devs are trying to do in adding the production belts.

---Jerry

Farmtown: Where everyone can play the way they want to play, and still enjoy a great game together!

My Quest Plot Farm
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...1897&farm_ix=2
Closed Thread