Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jun 10 2011, 09:19 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oopsy-Bumpty View Post
ridgie I can see where you are going with this and it makes good sense, BUT the devs have already set the rates, we are if we are lucky already getting the bonus at whatever rates they have decided, WE just don't know for sure what they are yet. So instead of driving yourself nuts, wait to see what they have to say.

We have only just started asking for this information so give them a few days to inform us. I will be interested to see how it compares to what you think it should be
Well after my last ding bat post with the onions, pretty sure I am not stuck on the chance word. Good thing I said "or something like this" but uh... Quick keys Grumpa was fast on the 3 day thing. I am now giggling at my own post... Since we seem to learning along the way here, didn't think the devs would make another announcement. Good to know they will.
Old Jun 10 2011, 09:20 PM
Account Not Linked

I'm not sure that they are going to make another announcement or not, they never said
Old Jun 10 2011, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yokel steve View Post
Im impressed that the peeps at slashkey have taken into account the wows of the worlds financial markets and come up with this belts thing ....basicaly they are flooding the market with unearned crops and thus xps so a new starter can bounce up to a good level in a few days its down side is that now i have 10000 tomatoes in my store and no one wants them at the market except Bob ...cos they click on a belt link from a friend and they get a weeks supply gratis therefore they dont plant them and i have to get a lower price for my goods but the danger is once everyone has make it to top dan level the the supply of belts will dry up and the market will crash and most peeps will be maxed on the levels or is this a ploy to make the plots produce twice the crops hence you need to plant less to get the same amount giving you more room to decorate which is fine but as most peeps have decs n trees turned off so nobody see all the hard work ive put into the designs of my farms
it will be fun to see what happens over the next few weeks i hope the banks of the world are watching they may get some ideas
You can sell me your maters...I can NEVER get enough even wi the belt system...sigh LOL
Old Jun 10 2011, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double T Dude Ranch View Post
I'm not sure that they are going to make another announcement or not, they never said
Y

Yea I know DT, I am only surmising and hoping they will. It's just that last detail that we need now, so hopefully they will.
Old Jun 10 2011, 09:50 PM
Account Not Linked

Okay DT if they don't, then I revise my post to 4 and 3 day at 100% of the belt rank until I'm not so lazy and actually count what I get. here all week for a few giggles, I accept cash only for parties.
Old Jun 10 2011, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridgie247 View Post
Well after my last ding bat post with the onions, pretty sure I am not stuck on the chance word. Good thing I said "or something like this" but uh... Quick keys Grumpa was fast on the 3 day thing. I am now giggling at my own post... Since we seem to learning along the way here, didn't think the devs would make another announcement. Good to know they will.
Well no I am only assuming and hoping they will update us with the quantities and also a nice little unobtrusive notie that we have won the reward.

And as for onion thing, well, with all the confusion and fuss this week I can't tell my onions from my peppers at the moment. But one thing I do know is I started off rather skeptical about the whole belt thing, but now I think it's an excellent idea. I think it was just that first day with all the pop ups everywhere, that made us want to run for the hills.

Now what on earth are we all going to have to talk about once this thread comes to a virtual standstill?
Old Jun 10 2011, 10:04 PM
Account Not Linked

i still don't understand belts..where do i find the info....thanks...
Old Jun 10 2011, 11:32 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
ridgie I can see where you are going with this and it makes good sense, BUT the devs have already set the rates, we are if we are lucky already getting the bonus at whatever rates they have decided, WE just don't know for sure what they are yet. So instead of driving yourself nuts, wait to see what they have to say.

We have only just started asking for this information so give them a few days to inform us. I will be interested to see how it compares to what you think it should be
The bonus rates are set and given in the first post of this thread. I just can't do the math on any of them because it takes less then one non stacked farm full of crops to get a belt and depending on if you have harvested that crop before you may get 5 or 6 belts from that same farm. So the exact math is hard to do because the bonus rate will change because you got a new belt. Now once I can get to a 6th degree dan belt in something I can do the math and make sure that you get the 72% chance of getting an extra box like it says. I would be willing to bet it is like I said in my other post today. If you keep track of it and do the math today you may get 72% tomorrow you might get 73% and the next time it is 71% it will fall into a range but it will be very close to the 72% that you are supposed to get.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Old Jun 10 2011, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS0643 View Post
The bonus rates are set and given in the first post of this thread. I just can't do the math on any of them because it takes less then one non stacked farm full of crops to get a belt and depending on if you have harvested that crop before you may get 5 or 6 belts from that same farm. So the exact math is hard to do because the bonus rate will change because you got a new belt. Now once I can get to a 6th degree dan belt in something I can do the math and make sure that you get the 72% chance of getting an extra box like it says. I would be willing to bet it is like I said in my other post today. If you keep track of it and do the math today you may get 72% tomorrow you might get 73% and the next time it is 71% it will fall into a range but it will be very close to the 72% that you are supposed to get.

Ah but Jas the 72% is not the percentage we get, but it's a 72% CHANCE of getting something, which is quite different. In other words it is not guaranteed that we get the reward every time we harvest, no matter what rank or belt we have. Which is why I am hoping that if we are lucky enough to get the reward we get some kind of unobtrusive notification that we did, including how much we got

Last edited by Oopsy-Bumpty; Jun 10 2011 at 11:45 PM.
Old Jun 11 2011, 12:21 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Ah but Jas the 72% is not the percentage we get, but it's a 72% CHANCE of getting something, which is quite different. In other words it is not guaranteed that we get the reward every time we harvest, no matter what rank or belt we have. Which is why I am hoping that if we are lucky enough to get the reward we get some kind of unobtrusive notification that we did, including how much we got
I think you are missing the point I am trying to make. The developers have given us the percent chance we have of getting an extra box. What that means is if you harvest crops you can take the number of fields you have and multiple it by the percent you are at and that is ruffly what you will get. While there is a "chance" involved it is the same with each fields (unless you reach a new belt) and the law of probability applies here. Take flipping a quarter if you have a normal quarter (by normal one side is not weighted) you have a 50% chance of it landing on heads when flipped. Now you can flip that coin 100 times and you will get heads 50 times, then flip it 100 more times and get heads 48 times, then flip it 100 more times and get heads 52 times. So the first time you flipped it 100 times you got exactly 50% which is what is supposed to happen, but the next time you got heads 48% of the time, and the time after that you got heads 52% of the time. If you keep doing this you will see that while you will not always get heads exactly 50% of the time it will be very close to 50% of the time and average out to 50% of the time when done enough times. So if yo are at x percent for a belt and harvest a field of crops you will get approximately x% of the fields you harvest. There is no indication of an extra box and that may have to do with coding and the fact that the floating text takes up a lot of memory and people have complained about that in the past. I would also suspect that a lot of people have the floating text turned off so why brother if they will never see it.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Closed Thread