Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Mar 09 2011, 04:54 PM

I am generally not a whiner in these forums (I hope!), but I'm going to whine just a teensy bit today. <whine> I want an update.</whine>

I do recall the days when we went 4 months without an update. I ended up getting bored and only coming back every 3 days to harvest and replant my pineapple.

Then, a miraculous thing happened....the devs brought new life into the game with new levels, facilities and more FC items. This kept the game fun and also helped bring in a revenue stream for the devs which allowed them to give us more frequent updates. I say Huzzah! For a while we were getting updates every 2 weeks, which was bearable and reasonable given that the updates were generally very rich in goodies and game play improved tremendously.

That 2 weeks stretched out to 3 before too long, and now we're approaching 4 between updates. In my opinion, this is too long. I have spent money on this game, and I know I'm not alone. I, like many others, have maxed out on levels and am starting to tire of the rut I am in with the game. I have over 130 FC waiting to be spent but currently there's nothing I want to spend it on (forklift would be useful to have, but not worth the cost).

So, because I don't just want to whine, I want to add some requests:

1) If the staff that Slashkey has currently is not enough to make it possible to put out updates more often than every 2 weeks, I humbly suggest hiring more. As long as you keep putting out good updates and keeping the game fresh, people will buy FC and you should be able to afford extra developers.

2) As to keeping the game fresh, I would *really* be thrilled if you guys could introduce challenges/goals/achievements. I find that challenges motivate me to want to play more. If you updated every 2 weeks and put out a new challenge with every update, I think it would breathe life into the game that is starting to get a bit stale for some of us who are maxed out on levels and will continue to be maxed out for a long time.

Thanks for listening.
Old Mar 09 2011, 05:11 PM
denver729
Account Not Linked

I agree.

You know the trophies? Well, many, many, MANY of us have achieved all of them. I also agree that we should have challenges, goals and achievements...things that could award coins, even FT Cash.

Some ideas.. (just examples)

Each time you spend 1 million coins in the store, you get $5 or $10 FT Cash.

If visit your neighbors farms 100 times, you get a reward. If you help and harvest a certain amount of times, you get a reward.

Things like that...would be GREAT for FarmTown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesdreher View Post
I am generally not a whiner in these forums (I hope!), but I'm going to whine just a teensy bit today. <whine> I want an update.</whine>

I do recall the days when we went 4 months without an update. I ended up getting bored and only coming back every 3 days to harvest and replant my pineapple.

Then, a miraculous thing happened....the devs brought new life into the game with new levels, facilities and more FC items. This kept the game fun and also helped bring in a revenue stream for the devs which allowed them to give us more frequent updates. I say Huzzah! For a while we were getting updates every 2 weeks, which was bearable and reasonable given that the updates were generally very rich in goodies and game play improved tremendously.

That 2 weeks stretched out to 3 before too long, and now we're approaching 4 between updates. In my opinion, this is too long. I have spent money on this game, and I know I'm not alone. I, like many others, have maxed out on levels and am starting to tire of the rut I am in with the game. I have over 130 FC waiting to be spent but currently there's nothing I want to spend it on (forklift would be useful to have, but not worth the cost).

1) If the staff that Slashkey has currently is not enough to make it possible to put out updates more often than every 2 weeks, I humbly suggest hiring more. As long as you keep putting out good updates and keeping the game fresh, people will buy FC and you should be able to afford extra developers.

2) As to keeping the game fresh, I would *really* be thrilled if you guys could introduce challenges/goals/achievements. I find that challenges motivate me to want to play more. If you updated every 2 weeks and put out a new challenge with every update, I think it would breathe life into the game that is starting to get a bit stale for some of us who are maxed out on levels and will continue to be maxed out for a long time.

Thanks for listening.
Old Mar 09 2011, 05:18 PM
denver729
Account Not Linked

As a follow-up, I sent this in as a suggestion via the "support link" and then submitting a feature suggestion: (They DO reply because I sent in a suggestion earlier and got a reply within 3-4 hours. Very nice, too)

I would like to make another suggestion on how to make FarmTown better.

When you achieve certain things, you get a trophy for it. That's all you really get, that and a post on your wall.

Many FT farmers have achieved all those tasks and have all their "trophies".

I think that FT should have challenges, goals and achievements...things that could reward farmers with coins and FT cash.

Some ideas.. (just examples)

Each time you spend 1 million coins in the store, you get $5 or $10 FT Cash.

If you buy 200 (or more, etc, etc) "decorations" from the store, you get coins or FT Cash

If visit your neighbors farms 100 times, you get a reward. If you help and harvest a certain amount of times, you get a reward.

For Levels, I think that only $1 FT Cash is not enough. I think once you achieve the huge levels...like 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 (and so on) there should be more rewards once you achieved that level....like a bonus of coins.

Things like that...I think more people would become interested in playing, because they are working to achieve something...not just trophies.

Thank you for listening,

Denver
Old Mar 09 2011, 05:41 PM

Nice suggestion denver But for keeping the game free I think they should look more into giving awards in coins /and make new facilities and farms mor expensive?)

If thinking in cash rewards it should be from 1 to max 5. The developers need to be payed, and what they get from Facebook is not that much as I understood.

We get already Fc with leveling up. We 'old time players' see that leveling up has become peanuts (well I see that). Maybe make that a bit more difficult gives players more challenge?

I loved the last updates. Still doubting about some factories I didn't buy... (European country and hardly able to earn cash through the surveys). I did buy Fc regularly from saving from my study loan (how addicted am I haha), but don't feel it costs that much.

Like to read the complaints about not having enough cheese, flour, tomatoes and onions. I feel it makes the game more interesting! Calculate what you have and where you can fill your facilities!

I thank the developers for a game that I now play for almost two years (with a pause of three months), and keep it interesting for me til today and hopefully for many days more
Old Mar 09 2011, 05:43 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:

That 2 weeks stretched out to 3 before too long, and now we're approaching 4 between updates. In my opinion, this is too long. I have spent money on this game, and I know I'm not alone. I, like many others, have maxed out on levels and am starting to tire of the rut I am in with the game.
While I am also wanting an update now, there is one thing to keep in mind, the last updated had a problem with it. The new fetchers on the facility manger didn't work like they hoped and it took two weeks to fix. That has probably delayed the next update and if that is the case I am okay with that, because that show that unlike some other games out there FT fixes problems when they happen even if that means delaying an update to the game. The same can not be said for other games out there.

Quote:
I have over 130 FC waiting to be spent but currently there's nothing I want to spend it on (forklift would be useful to have, but not worth the cost).
IMO the forklift is worth the money especially when you are going in and just emptying the facilities, but not loading it makes the work a lot faster.

Quote:

Thanks for listening.
I don't know about this suggestion. I play some games by that big game company on fb, you know the one I am talking about, and all their games have missions all the time. At first it was fun but now it is work keeping up with the 5 missions you have going and constantly asking friends for help. I am not against this suggestion, if it is done the right way, but I do not want ft to go the way of that other company with all the little missions and **** going on all the time. It can put some fun in the game but it also can take the fun out of the game.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Old Mar 09 2011, 06:20 PM

Quote:
2) As to keeping the game fresh, I would *really* be thrilled if you guys could introduce challenges/goals/achievements.
I agree. I love working toward goals - having challenges to meet. For some reason, the trophies don't do it for me. Not sure why, they just never have. I did like one game where you got cute little signs for planting x amount of each crop. In some ways, it was a nothing thing but I just loved trying to get ALL of those signs to display on my farm. THAT was a challenge!

I've also always thought it would be neat if some of our efforts could be rewarded by contributions to various charities. Like, if we plant x amount or sell x amount or whatever, that Slashkey would donate a certain amount to a charity.

About the St. Patrick's Day stuff . . . we must have had some last year. I don't really remember it but I've seen it on some farms I've visited recently. So I think that they'll at least re-release those. But I'm guessing that they're going to release something else with it and that the new stuff is not quite ready - thus, the delay on St. Pat's. Just guessing, though.

Farmer Squeak

Farmer Susan has been happily farming since July 27, 2009.
  • Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • ♫ Oh Give Me a Home . . .
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Old Mar 09 2011, 06:29 PM

Smile Challenges!!!!

OK, it's been 4 weeks since the last update. I'm maxed out on levels. I'm bored! After reading through all these posts I see I am not alone. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE give us some more levels. I can live without an extra farm if I can just have some goals to achieve. I'm ready to plow my fields and just leave them until something new comes up. It is not fun for my Type A personality when there are no challenges.

Thanks for listening. Still the favorite game I play!
Old Mar 09 2011, 07:36 PM
Account Not Linked

Default Updates

I to agree that the updates are few and far between. I do use my own money to play this game but im getting very bored with it. Im at the top levels i have over 300 bil and have redone my farms several times. Im considering taking a break from this game until they get it fixed,but i know one thing i wont spend another dime until the do.
Old Mar 09 2011, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by passage View Post
I to agree that the updates are few and far between. I do use my own money to play this game but im getting very bored with it. Im at the top levels i have over 300 bil and have redone my farms several times. Im considering taking a break from this game until they get it fixed,but i know one thing i wont spend another dime until the do.
300 bil coin???????????????????????????
Old Mar 09 2011, 08:36 PM
Account Not Linked

FarmTown is getting VERY boring people. Release some new farms for us for Pete's sake. I'm getting ready to pour some real life cash into another game because this one is so stale and boring without updates.
Closed Thread