Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Feb 13 2011, 10:40 AM

Default Spreader Implements

Are there uses for the implements for the spreaders that I keep receiving as gifts, or are they just for decoration? I have both the red and orange manure spreaders and 2 implements...one is longer and sort of green and the other one is red and has a funnel on top. Just wondering if they have a use at all, or if I could just store or sell them.

Thanks.
Old Feb 13 2011, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet View Post
Love the new update. I have a bit of feedback on the facilities manager: it seems to be refusing to show zero done when everything is done. I clicked through my famrs again and couldn't find anything left to store! (I know there is a glitch on the all farms finction so guess this is connencted.)
I noticed that as well. Finally decided it will be part of linking all facilities on all farms. (Am I correct in thinking that STORE ALL will then store from all farms at once?)
Old Feb 13 2011, 10:53 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzen1973 View Post
Are there uses for the implements for the spreaders that I keep receiving as gifts, or are they just for decoration? I have both the red and orange manure spreaders and 2 implements...one is longer and sort of green and the other one is red and has a funnel on top. Just wondering if they have a use at all, or if I could just store or sell them.

Thanks.
The implements are just decoration
Old Feb 13 2011, 10:55 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammy Snowbird View Post
I noticed that as well. Finally decided it will be part of linking all facilities on all farms. (Am I correct in thinking that STORE ALL will then store from all farms at once?)
The store all does work now if you have the filter set to 'active facilities on current farm'. It stores all the items in you facility in one click, but you have to click 'store all' for each facility.

When the filter for all farms works, you'll be able to access all your facilities on all farms on the one screen.
Old Feb 13 2011, 10:56 AM

Wonderful Update! A great big hug to the developers. To those that are complaining about spending money for items - First of all, Slash Key is in business. Tell me what business/store can you walk into and come out with bags full of stuff and not having to spent a penny? None that I can think of (unless you want to try the "five-finger discount". I am sure that the people at SlashKey have mortages, utility payments, ect - and, like us, they know that money does not grow on trees.
Second, this game is what you make of it. You can still play this game and not spend a dime.
Old Feb 13 2011, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacquiemm View Post
I still have an issue with plots that can't be deleted. I still stack and layer. this is the only way to get the produce needed for facilities sorry if it offends some people, but I think if you deleted all those who do this there would be very few Farm Town players. nearly all farms I get hired to work on are stacked and layered.
I am a true addict. the only game I play on Facebook.... well the only game I play period.
Probably 18 hours a day.
LOVE YOU FARM TOWN
If it's the "only way to get the produce needed for facilities" then the information HOW to layer should be made available to everyone. Every time someone new asks about it, they are told that this is not allowed and, therefore, not talked about. All the new people have to do this the hard way. I, too, am addicted to FT and wouldn't even be on Facebook without it. I started this game last year in July and am at the top level with over 4.5 million XP and every tool and facility available. It didn't come easy, many 18 hour days were spent plus untold real dollars.

So which is it? If it's "allowed" then tell us all how it's done. If it NOT allowed, then fix it!
Old Feb 13 2011, 11:44 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilsewdm View Post
If it's the "only way to get the produce needed for facilities" then the information HOW to layer should be made available to everyone. Every time someone new asks about it, they are told that this is not allowed and, therefore, not talked about. All the new people have to do this the hard way. I, too, am addicted to FT and wouldn't even be on Facebook without it. I started this game last year in July and am at the top level with over 4.5 million XP and every tool and facility available. It didn't come easy, many 18 hour days were spent plus untold real dollars.

So which is it? If it's "allowed" then tell us all how it's done. If it NOT allowed, then fix it!
You will not find information on how to do it in the forum. That practise forces the game to try to store a lot of information in a small space which will corrupt the data on your farm and put a strain on the server and your flash capabilities. Problems can range from connection errors/freezing to undeletable plots or worse, for anyone using or trying to work those farms. Developers and moderators do not condone the use of layering because it is known to cause numerous problems and can sometimes damage your farm to the point where it cannot be repaired. In the past some steps were put in place to limit the use of it as it was affecting the game overall, there may come a time when they decide to finalise the steps to eliminate layering altogether.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Feb 13 2011, 12:31 PM

Thanks for everything on this update ... I had quit the game for several months and now am saying "uncle". Gave in because of the improvements (forklift is wonderful and will be better when the all farms filter is fixed). Anything that helps with time management for facilities is greatly appreciated and in this case, it's huge. I've been squaking for months about not having ability to make enough cheese (with 8 dairy processing plants) and I said "uncle" there too - broke down and requested help from friends. I still don't think having that as the only option is right but there's no way to produce enough cheese otherwise. Love the new ground covers and the soup restaurant is the most innovative I've seen so far (with the variety of ingredients).

thanks again
Old Feb 13 2011, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilsewdm View Post
I beg to differ. It states in the rules that layering is not allowed. IMO, if it's against the rules the offenders should be banned from the game.
I have two neighbors who have some layered farms. I guess that makes for faster income and faster filling of facilities.

They take the chance, whatever it is, of wrecking their own farms, not mine. I prefer to not even place trees on top of crops. The only thing I have "layered" is the river corners to form a waterfall. Of course it makes the availability of fish diminish, but so what.

The rules of the game apply to all players (# of pts to level up, items for coin or FTcash etc). That should be enough.

If some choose to go outside the game for gifts, or stay inside the game and layer.......... SO WHAT.

IMHO they should not be banned from the game because they have NOT affected the actual play of anyone else.

By the way... do you work the posted facilities of those who layer.... ever??

Do you consider that you are making more coin off their increased facilities and inventories.

If you support "their habit", perhaps the banning should include your action.

jk..... silly huh

Just enjoy the game, and maybe give them the information about possible damage to their farms. They may be totally unaware.

Last edited by StoneFace; Feb 13 2011 at 12:47 PM.
Old Feb 13 2011, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneFace View Post
I have two neighbors who have some layered farms. I guess that makes for faster income and faster filling of facilities.

They take the chance, whatever it is, of wrecking their own farms, not mine. I prefer to not even place trees on top of crops. The only thing I have "layered" is the river corners to form a waterfall. Of course it makes the availability of fish diminish, but so what.

The rules of the game apply to all players (# of pts to level up, items for coin or FTcash etc). That should be enough.

If some choose to go outside the game for gifts, or stay inside the game and layer.......... SO WHAT.

IMHO they should not be banned from the game because they have NOT affected the actual play of anyone else.

By the way... do you work the posted facilities of those who layer.... ever??

Do you consider that you are making more coin off their increased facilities and inventories.

If you support "their habit", perhaps the banning should include your action.

jk..... silly huh

Just enjoy the game, and maybe give them the information about possible damage to their farms. They may be totally unaware.

Second that emotion! If you have nothing to win, you can't cheat.
Closed Thread