Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Sep 01 2010, 05:12 PM

Alas! Another use for wheat. I just can't grow enough wheat. If only (wrings hands and sobs) the wheat was one-for-one instead of two-for-one. Alack! (What does alack mean, anyway?) ;^)
Old Sep 01 2010, 05:13 PM

Default It's great!

I love the new stuff. You guys just keep making it better. I had to quit 2 other FB games to have enough time to play FT. Thanks!!
Old Sep 01 2010, 05:13 PM

Woops...just found another snafu... the fishing boat hides with the decorations, so you can't hide the items along your river and still fish using the boat.

Can you take the Tools out of the decoration category now, and then give us a Show Tools option with the next upgrade?
Old Sep 01 2010, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sallah View Post
Farmtown IS free. Your choice to use specialty items that are not required to advance or earn money is what costs. It is your choice to purchase or not. Other games you HAVE to purchase items to advance; Farmtown's developers have been able to give us great items for coins that let anyone be as successful as the next guy.

Thank you again developers for a great game!
You're right, Farmtown IS free... and it's a choice to buy extras or not to buy. I have several friends who have played as long or longer than I have and they have not purchased a single item that requires Farm Cash. They can get the items needed for the facilities they purchased with coins by working for other farmers and by helping to speed up production for facilities. I have played this game longer than any other game in my entire life.. and it's FUN!!

If you don't have Farm Cash, you can earn it by trying some of the free offers. I've gotten as many as 7 FC in one evening.. then I just delete whatever app I installed to get it. So, you're not boxed in where you HAVE to buy items that require FC. This is the best free game around!!
Old Sep 01 2010, 05:15 PM

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruhelmboldt View Post
Alas! Another use for wheat. I just can't grow enough wheat. If only (wrings hands and sobs) the wheat was one-for-one instead of two-for-one. Alack! (What does alack mean, anyway?) ;^)
Archaic used to express regret, surprise, dismay, etc. Origin: a(h) + lack. a·lack

Pray tell, what am I missing? Why would one for one be an improvement over 2 for 1?
Old Sep 01 2010, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrittanysMom05 View Post
My Big Bulldoser does not work now either. I move it over harvested fields and it doesnt work, I move it over plowed fields and it will delete them.
The developers are aware of the bulldozer issue. I am sure a fix will come along rather quickly.
Old Sep 01 2010, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammy Snowbird View Post
Archaic used to express regret, surprise, dismay, etc. Origin: a(h) + lack. a·lack

Pray tell, what am I missing? Why would one for one be an improvement over 2 for 1?
I am missing it, too, Grammy. Not sure what is different about the wheat than any other crop...??
Old Sep 01 2010, 05:18 PM
Account Not Linked

The new flowers are GORGEOUS!!!!! Thank you!
Old Sep 01 2010, 05:30 PM
Account Not Linked

It's a bit early to make many comments on the manure spreader but I really think it is going to be a great addition to the game. My first fertilized crops will be coming in shortly. Not many people have commented on it, but it looks like it will essentially double the size of our farms. So instead of 5 farms, we now have the equiv. of 10. To me, that's much better than adding farm number 6 (not that I don't want it also). This should REALLY help with the need for more wheat, tomatoes, etc. I may be wrong, but I think the manure spreader is going to end up being the best item in the game (as far as bang for your buck).

As a side note, I read everyone's opinion and am glad we all get to express ourselves, but I just don't get how anyone can be serious when they claim this game is unfair because the devs want to charge for some things. As someone pointed out earlier, it is mostly the top level items that cost real money. You can still play for free, you just can't do everything. You can grow grapes and make wine and make a profit, but it cost real money to age it and make the biggest profit. Same thing for oil, minerals, pasta, seafood, textiles, etc., etc. The FC items are LUXERIES. Without them, you can still advance to max levels and make more coin than you could ever spend. What wouldn't be fair is if there was no added benefit (higher profit margins) for those that did spend real money. Then people would have a valid complaint and would quit playing for sure (not just threaten to quit -- but actually quit). As it is now, they don't charge FC for a facility until an item has gone through a couple layers of production, but I get the idea that even if they added several more layers of production to an item before finally charging FC for the last facility, the same people would still complain that it is unfair that they can't do it all for free. For example, if they changed the wine cellar to a coin purchase, and added a wine shop that cost FC , there would still be complaints that it was unfair.

Also, the notion that jacking up the coin cost for an item (rather than charging FC) is not a valid point. It doesn't matter if they charged 100,000 or 10 million for a facility, in the eyes of the devs, it is still a free item and they don't make any money, and they go out of business, and none of us would have this awesome game to play.

So, it may be disappointing to some that everyone can't do everything in this game for free, but it certainly is not UNFAIR. And I absolutely agree with a previous poster about being creative to get real money to buy FC items. Cut back on the cigs, cable, cell phone, eating out, SHOPPING, snacks, junk food, etc. Get a friend to give you some FC facilities for your birthday. That's what I did for my mom. I spent 40 bucks on some FC and sent her a bunch of the new facilities as her birthday gift. Same could be done with Mother's/Father's Day, Vanlentines Day, Christmas, etc. BE CREATIVE. THINK OUT OF THE BOX before you complain that this game is unfair and that the devs should give ALL of their hard work away for free.
Old Sep 01 2010, 05:32 PM

I'm just loving the new additions today. The pasta factory and restaurant are terrific and I especially like the jewelry factory ;-). I also like the other new changes like the menu going away while working. Can't wait for farm#6 :-)
Closed Thread