Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jan 06 2010, 08:42 AM

From post by Patsy Anne: "Like raynorcp says - if only someone would give us a clue as to why the playing field is still so different for players? Is it something I can correct or is it down to the game devs - in other words do i need to sort hardware or the internet connection OR should i be patient for the dev to complete their work? please just tell us!"

The other evening I had two neighbours working for me on one of my farms. One neighbour absolutely belted through the plots with her coins / XPs crediting immediately. The other had incredibly bad lag problems and server time out problems.

We talked about it and compared notes. The main difference we could identify between the two players was their internet connection. The zippy one has cable broadband and the poor lagger uses a mobile broadband dongle.

I've also chatted with others and a fair number who have lag problems have 2 Gb or less of RAM on their computers.

I have no doubt that there are also Slashkey server issues at work here but too many people blame them entirely and I don't think that is fair.

The real answer is probably that there are a number of contributory factors, some of which Slashkey can address and others that the players need to address or to accept.

Please visit Bentivar

Bertie_Bee_Eater's Bird's Eye View
Old Jan 06 2010, 10:32 AM
Tycoon ( Level 33 )

Farmer Since: Aug 14 2009
Level:
Trophies: 11
XP:

My farm has been messed up for days. One of my fields plows okay and the other won't plow at all even though it gives coins to the plower over and over and takes from me; in the end, after several plow overs, it is still un plowed. When moving my farm around, several items don't show up until farm is in a certain position on the screen. Sometimes field show up as grass. It has been very frustrating!

Visit Banana's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Jan 06 2010, 10:34 AM

I'm finding when I hire people to plow etc the fields they have clicked on come up with the percentage bar, then if for any reason I have to leave my farm before they have 'fully' finished and their avatar has gone to every field still with a percentage bar, when I come back those fields are not done, but I seem to have paid for them to be done. it's getting a bit annoying that I have to seem to hang around my farm whilst I wait for employees to fully finish the job, when before I could leave them to it whilst I went off to get on with other things
Old Jan 06 2010, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerBob-JG View Post
I'm finding when I hire people to plow etc the fields they have clicked on come up with the percentage bar, then if for any reason I have to leave my farm before they have 'fully' finished and their avatar has gone to every field still with a percentage bar, when I come back those fields are not done, but I seem to have paid for them to be done. it's getting a bit annoying that I have to seem to hang around my farm whilst I wait for employees to fully finish the job, when before I could leave them to it whilst I went off to get on with other things
Wait a bit longer and refresh again. If the employee stayed until all their coins / XPs credited and plots cleared then those plots should also clear for you even though the progress bar has disappeared.

I have one neighbour with severe lag problems on clearing the plots. If I go away and come back the progress bars are gone but the fields do continue to disappear.

Please visit Bentivar

Bertie_Bee_Eater's Bird's Eye View
Old Jan 06 2010, 10:47 AM
Account Not Linked

Tks candlelight
My pc does have less than 2Gb RAM and its something i had wondered about - you appear to have confirmed a suspicion and I'll explore that avenue pdq! it relatively easy to address - ebay here i come!
Old Jan 06 2010, 12:14 PM
Account Not Linked

I just want to add my $.02. I've never had a problem here but Farmville is another story. There are so many glitches over there, it's frustrating as hell. It's going on right now. BTW, I don't have any connection with Farmtown other than I play it.
Old Jan 06 2010, 03:39 PM

The only problem I have is "connection timed out" message on EVERY job I work, harvesting or plowing. I now only play every couple of days, just to see if this problem is still occurring, and it is. Very frustrating. I love this game, but I'm tired of that error message every time I try to harvest or plow. Clicking the SAVE button does not help. I am a FB user. Please address this problem.

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?farm_id=1109145615
Old Jan 06 2010, 03:53 PM

I ALSO HAVE PROBLEMS WITH MY FIELDS BEING PLOWED, NOT SHOWING UP AS PLOWED..SOMETIMES I HAVE TO REFRESH 3-4 TIMES BEFORE THEY ARE PLOWED, OR I HAVE TO PLOW THE PLOTS MYSELF....IT'S JUST FRUSTRATING
Old Jan 06 2010, 04:48 PM
Account Not Linked

And we ARE seeing "Already Done". At least a dozen of them before I clicked out of the game on a two hire job. The main complaint hasn't been resolved.

And constant time outs trying to water neighbor's flowers. No part of the game is functional.
Old Jan 06 2010, 05:09 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
No part of the game is functional.
If this was the case, No one would be able to play the game. Think about it. Come on.