Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Dec 24 2009, 12:23 AM

I am so glad you went back to the old way of harvesting/plowing I also like having a bigger cursor but I think it is just slightly too big.
Old Dec 24 2009, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Case View Post
Forgot to add: I am getting hire requests when I am already at a farm working. It's like my avatar is in two places; the marketplace AND someones farm at the same time. Not a bad deal if you don't like what you're harvesting, but frustrating for the person who is trying to hire someone.
Make sure that the message doesn't come from another harvester at the farm you are working at before you decided to accept it. There are some shady players out there that do that to try to get rid of the others so they can have the job all to themselves especially if it's pineapples or another big money crop. They've tried to do it to me a few times but I don't accept any offers that come while I am working on a farm.
Old Dec 24 2009, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snappy Dungarees View Post
Devs the updates are great and I love them. Please can you NOT limit the amount of hires a person can have on their farms like people are demanding. It should be down to individual choice and I'm sick of people thinking they can demand that be taken away from us when they have the choice to just leave if they don't like multiple hires. If this goes ahead it will be a very sad day in FT indeed.

I totally agree!! Thanks for saying it so well Snappy!

*Visitors are welcome; beggars are not. While avatar may be present, I may not be. Feel free to leave note.

*40 is fabulous!!!

-------

River's Edge
Old Dec 24 2009, 12:41 AM

Hello
I was one of the players that always got stuck in the Saving Mode and could not transfer from Harvesting to Plowing. I had the best day playing for the one day Dec 22. My avatar could do anything and quickly too...I got to see how fun this game could be, and got lots of coins and XP's. However, since going back it is now worse for me than before. I cannot even finish a job where I am the only worker. Instead of getting stuck in "Wait, I am Busy" it is now "Already Done" or "You Need More Money." When I do get a plowing job, I do not get credit for the XP's I know I have clicked on. Since I can't seem to finish any job, I also lose coins. I know I am only one person and you can't make everyone happy, but I am now back to trying to get XP's by purchasing things and then selling them. Lose coins that way, but I got lots of them that one day. Playing is agony and frustration again. I do appreciate the work you do though...but is there anything that can be done for me?
Thanks.
Old Dec 24 2009, 12:42 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

thanks for changing it back to the way it was.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Dec 24 2009, 12:43 AM

I like the new updates! Thanks for all the hard work y'all do to make the basically free game WONDERFUL! I am enjoying playing again after a long break!

*Visitors are welcome; beggars are not. While avatar may be present, I may not be. Feel free to leave note.

*40 is fabulous!!!

-------

River's Edge
Old Dec 24 2009, 12:50 AM

I do not want such a low limit on hiring. It would make the game slow.

Personally, this is why we need to be able to fire people. If you don't like greedy farmers, fire them and send them back to market.

I personally do not hire anyone who asks for solo work because I see that as being greedy in and of itself, and I resent the sense of entitlement that is behind it. I try to hire only 3-4 at a time for my large farm, as that is sufficient work for everyone to get something done and move on. If you have a slow connection, that's life! Get a better one or deal with it - by getting more friends/neighbors who play during your time zone, and tending to their farms.

When I churn raspberries or other short crops, yes the return is low, but it's work every couple of hours instead of every couple of days and there is more to do over time for more people. A quick jaunt of raspberries nets a little income and allows you to move on without being bored. I personally don't like harvesting a farm full of raspberries because it's boring and low return. I would rather have help and then be able to move on to someone else's farm, who may have other crops. Doing a field full of raspberries and taking 30 minutes means that you miss an opportunity to harvest someone else's more lucrative crops.

If someone gets mad about having other people help with short crops, they can just leave and look for another opportunity. It's a free world.
Old Dec 24 2009, 01:21 AM

Default time out

this time out deal reminds me of when i first started FT and we would go into time out and have to click on the GREEN C to over ride it... well now i am going into time out often and there is no fix , no clicking the green C .. i just LOSE THE JOB and re boot..

VERY very frustrating..

please fix this .. the harvesting and plowing seem to be fine this way other then the harvest tool IS HUGE ... but the time out is making me crazy ..
Old Dec 24 2009, 01:28 AM

I think this is a keeper. Thanks so much
Old Dec 24 2009, 01:30 AM

FT is looking a lot better, now. Harvesting is quite acceptable, for me, so far. I'd still like to see us be able to turn off the little red/green plot that surrounds the cursor during plowing. It's a lot less confusing not having that plot twitching around, trying to align with the field space under it. It is accidentally off, sometimes, and things work so much better. Thanks to all of the developers and helpers. Merry Christmas. Dan
Closed Thread