Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Dec 23 2009, 11:26 AM

I have one farm on FB and one on myspace. The last one has over 800 fields, so I can't imagine hire 1 person, it will take forever to harvest + plow, I need at least 3 fast workers at the same time. And not even thinking what happens when you buy second farm.

Yes, sometimes farmers don't know how to share fields and sometimes they argue, so new way should improve things. Every change brings glitches, so why not wait at least few days to evalute changes?
Old Dec 23 2009, 11:27 AM

Please don't change it back. Farmers will get used to it and you'll find that change while sometimes resisted is often for the best. Thanks for all you do.
Old Dec 23 2009, 11:27 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul View Post
One of the alternatives that we considered was to only allow one worker harvesting and one worker plowing on your farm at the same time. This was also suggested by several other users on the other thread, however we thought that was going to be even more problematic.
I think that would be fine but you would have to also provide the "FIRE" option so if you get some doofus that has no clue what they are doing and is just screwing around, you can get them out and get someone that can work.. My 2 cents.
Old Dec 23 2009, 11:28 AM

I am not sure if there is a one person hire limit, but if there is I think it's a BAD idea. One reason I like FarmTOWN over FarmVILLE is because of the social interaction. FarmVILLE you do it all yourself...BORING. That's why I stopped playing for so long. Please don't make only a 1 person harvest/plow. I like my buddies and neighbors to come and visit while working. Thanks for listening.
Old Dec 23 2009, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLosli View Post
I think that would be fine but you would have to also provide the "FIRE" option so if you get some doofus that has no clue what they are doing and is just screwing around, you can get them out and get someone that can work.. My 2 cents.
I strongly agree, and some people only harvest few fields and then wait to plow, then I don't hire them to plow, I would fire them after a minute.

Cool Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklyn View Post
I don't really understand why people are saying they have to wait. Click, click click works perfectly fine for me. The plot changes instantly so you go on to the next and the next and the next. No waiting, no busy, no catching up. Fast click, click, click job done!
Conditions will always vary when it comes to speed. There are so many variables when it comes to speed. Connection speed, computer speed, user dexterity, server load, etc. etc.

Great idea. Give it a chance. I for one like the new version. Those that don't and want to leave should leave and play another free game. Why not leave the change the way it is and I think within a few days you'll find players will adapt.
Old Dec 23 2009, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patternmaker View Post
I am not sure if there is a one person hire limit, but if there is I think it's a BAD idea. One reason I like FarmTOWN over FarmVILLE is because of the social interaction. FarmVILLE you do it all yourself...BORING. That's why I stopped playing for so long. Please don't make only a 1 person harvest/plow. I like my buddies and neighbors to come and visit while working. Thanks for listening.
I don't think it should be limited to one person, but there is nothing worse than being one of about 10 people hired to harvest or plow a not particularly big field.
Old Dec 23 2009, 11:41 AM
Account Not Linked

Please don't limit it to one hired help - my friends and I often hire each other in groups for harvest parties and it will totally spoil this social side of things.
The idea of going back to the old way was a shock to everyone at 1st, but on giving it a try it was obvious that it was something we would adapt to pretty soon.
Old Dec 23 2009, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efwis View Post
it's taking longer to revert it because they are probably making necessary changes to the original code in the backup they will use. give the devs a little time to make the change happen, from the way it sounds they are trying to make a compromise to make as many people as possible happy.

they didn't say exactly when it would be done and it could be that their early tomorrow may actually be the 24th not the 23rd since the post about it was made around 2 am their time today.
Probably right. I am impatient. That said, it appears to be reverted now (check me out.) We could lose the big scythe which gets in the way but otherwise it is acting ok for now.
Closed Thread