Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Dec 23 2009, 01:13 AM

Firstly I'd like to say I have enjoyed Farmtown very much. But I am afraid I have found these new changes extremely frustrating. I much prefered the queing and then I could chat while waiting for the coins/xp to calculate. Now there is no skill only aggrevation. I have tried working on other peoples farms today and in every case another worker has complained and promptly quit. I always thought computer games were based on how fast you could go and may the best man win. Theres other games like farmville for those who have too slow internet connections for them to compete. We may not loose xp and coins now but its taking 10 times longer to earn them, I'd rather sacrifice the coins and xp than the time. Technically by slowing us down, we are loosing coin and xp that we couldve been earning on other jobs.
Old Dec 23 2009, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyD View Post
Okay, gave it one more shot and I'm done. Can't take the harvest speed and there were about 8 other harvesters with me. This is a sign of things to come. i use to like hiring 1 maybe 2 to harvest for me. More coins and XP for them. Now I'd have to harvest about 8 people myself if I don't want to wait forever so now I'm just going to sit the farm out for now and wait for the next change. Hope they do the right thing and fix this. Plan on checking back in a few days when the Pineapples are done.
Please go to the updated thread that says they are reverting back and support reverting back.
Old Dec 23 2009, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy2009 View Post
except that when your avatar keeps getting in the way, which is almost always... it makes it more accurate to say that it takes about 2-3 seconds per square... which is REALLY bad.
oh so true. I'm no computer expert but don't the developers get to test these releases before they put them out? Or are we the test?
Old Dec 23 2009, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy2009 View Post
except that when your avatar keeps getting in the way, which is almost always... it makes it more accurate to say that it takes about 2-3 seconds per square... which is REALLY bad.
I just went to the market and harvested and then plowed for someone. 2 of us were working. I plowed 441 fields in 4:05 with several (at least 6 or 7) repositioning moves that caused my avatar to walk slowly. That is 1.8 fields per second.
Old Dec 23 2009, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raindrops300 View Post
Please go to the updated thread that says they are reverting back and support reverting back.
Can you post a link for this please?
Old Dec 23 2009, 01:17 AM
Account Not Linked

Every single person I have discussed this with, and there has been many, are very disappointed with the changes. We liked it the way it was. Please please change it back. It is way way too slow now. You're taking the fun out of it. Please change it back!!!! Rhomea
Old Dec 23 2009, 01:18 AM
Account Not Linked

Guys, read the new Sticky thread in News & Announcements ;-)

THANKS RAUL!!!

Loving it.

She-Wolf Clan #41

FARMING SINCE MAY 1st 2009

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?farm_id=569242917
Old Dec 23 2009, 01:19 AM
Account Not Linked

Default Link to new post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicky's Place View Post
Can you post a link for this please?
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=285522

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerInMyDell View Post
Raul,

I understand and appreciate your motivation for the latest change, but from the hiree's point of view, what you have done is revert to the way harvesting/plowing was 6-12 months ago. There is now no queuing at all, and for the first time in many months I again have to contend with being kicked off a farm in the middle of a job. I have to keep clicking on "Save Pending Changes" or my coins and experience *DO NOT* keep up or get tallied at all, and I eventually get kicked off. So your motivation is *NOT* even being realized!

The holidays are a time for nostalgia, but not this kind, and not on Farm Town. You had things working fairly efficiently, and now it feels like the old clunky FT. With multiple farms, I just cannot afford the time and frustration this brings back to the game. Find another way!
Well stated and sums up my feelings exactly. I had stopped playing a few months ago because of the issues that you describe. I came back when top of level was raised. It was fun and enjoyable with the harvest and plowing changes. Now, we're back to the same old issues.

I'm waiting for the avatar to catch up while other players harvest or plow around me. Worse, I'm getting the game needs to reload error on nearly every job. We don't all have gaming systems. Even following all the suggestions for improving speed, it just takes too much time.

I appreciate all the time and effort that go into writing a game. However, this is not an upgrade; it's a major step backward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustaine's Woman View Post
Guys, read the new Sticky thread in News & Announcements ;-)

THANKS RAUL!!!

Loving it.
read it carefully - has not changed yet and may change by early tomorrow...
Closed Thread