Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Dec 22 2009, 09:03 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to teejcee44

What I would like to let you know is that I never hired more than 1 person to do my fields. I think anyone who was hiring 10+ people to harvest 3 trees were nuts, and WAY out of line. the only thing i would have liked to see was that you couldn't hire 100 people to work a 12/12 farm. It was just getting out of hand. Put the program back. get rid of this one. it is worthless to all of us. and, we don't WANT to live with this "fix", because it is going backward, WAY backward.
Old Dec 22 2009, 09:03 PM
Account Not Linked

Harvesting and plowing is extremely hard now. It is more work than fun and takes way too much time to finish a farm. Maybe it is time to call quits to Farm Town. It was harder than necessary before the change and now it appears to have been designed by a non user. Idiotic!
Old Dec 22 2009, 09:05 PM

I hate to say this, but this change is the worst I have ever seen. I don't see the fluid movement of the avatar, just jerky harvesting and plowing now. Takes longer and is frustrating. I agree "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". You broke a system that needed some improvement, not a total breakdown. I waited a long time for improvements and challenges, now the challenges are here, just harvesting and plowing, but I don't see any real improvements. Just my opinion, which I'm sure will be ignored, as always.
Old Dec 22 2009, 09:05 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallicat View Post
If you had bothered at all to read why they changed it, you'd see that they are doing to fix something that was broken; people were not getting coins or XP in some instances, and it was clearly stated that there's been 70% less problems regarding these. Read the OP before you reply.
70% less problems in one day? It's right before Christmas so how many people are actually playing? And most of the time people thought they weren't getting their XPs because they didn't realize they were adding in while they were clicking and not after they stopped.
I predict that there will be less complaints because they will quit playing. One plot at a time? No different than farmville now. I hate it.
Oh and when I was plowing with another player tonight - he was no where near where the plow marks were showing up at. Then the next field, I kept getting a "wait I'm busy signal" when I would try to click on the next plot. Lousy game.
Old Dec 22 2009, 09:06 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:
Default First Post

I have seen lots of improvements to the game since I started a few months ago, never felt a need to voice a complaint or ask for improvements. I really like the game and have some cool farmer friends I play with. All of that has just gone downhill today . Hate the changes, you just took the whole game and turned it backwards. I put up with the 3,000,000 price for farm two and the equally high price to upgrade that to 24X24, having to level up again from 34 to 60, the expensive prices on most all new items added to the store, and the other complaints that others have expressed here. I put up with all of it because I truly love the game and social aspects. This upgrade has really ruined my day because it is taking forever to harvest and to have my place harvested and plowed. Most people I hire are stopping in to take a look and then they leave because they are not willing to put in the time unless it is a high profit crop. You have really messed up the game this time. It may be free, but we should still have access to a good quality product. We are the players who will be buying it once it enters production or whatever you do once you leave Beta format.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Dec 22 2009, 09:06 PM

Default today's change

It is sorry; I have over a mil XPs from being able to plow fast. Can't plow fast now, and don't care to hang out on farms all day to clear up missed spots. Forget about the top XP list for me. I won't be spending my time on any farm unless this issue is reverted.
Old Dec 22 2009, 09:08 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to teejcee44

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanieNGMsfarm View Post
thanks for the hard work. i was one of the few once i tryed it who realized how nice it was i just didnt like the wait to walk when i clicked away but now that you explained it for us i know why its done and understand thanks again. but i do love the speed and easyness when you click crops next to eachother
It doesn't work right. It isn't faster for me. It is a DRAG. How can you say it is nice? There is NO WAY this is nicer than before. It SUCKS!
Old Dec 22 2009, 09:08 PM

Glad that the lost xp's and coins is being addressed, and hopefully corrected soon.

This new harvesting and plowing, might help that issue, but it sure has slowed me down. Instead of a steady hand with these task, I have to hesitate for each plot. Also, the wait I am busy, block where I am at.

As for collisions, farmers need to limit on how many they hire for the size of crops they have, along with having harvesters and plowers going at the same time.

With this new method I have left several jobs tonight, very frustrating.

Hopefully, I dont' get carpel tunnel with this new method, right now my wrist and hand is aching, so will end this message.
Old Dec 22 2009, 09:09 PM
Account Not Linked

Red face

Its harder and I have to fight for points even worse now just because I have an older computer. This is frustrating Please change it back ....Thank You
Old Dec 22 2009, 09:11 PM
Account Not Linked

Normally I just let things slide, but today's update was bad enough to make me register here just so I could comment about it!

I also only ever hire one person to harvest or plow my entire farm. That way there are no collisions, no greed, no fights. It just took 45 minutes for someone to harvest my farm! [insert sarcasm] But that's ok, because it also just took me 45 minutes to plow a small farm for someone [end sarcasm].

I understand this is a beta game and that it is free, but nothing free is worth this much hassle! The fun has left with this new update!