Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old May 07 2010, 12:42 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

I hired two workers the other day to harvest, and then plow. When the crops were done, one guy asked if he could plow. I said that I needed the trees done first. (I don't have a lot of trees) He responded that he didn't do trees, he just wanted to plow.
I didn't reply to that, and when the other farmer was done harvesting the trees, I hired HER to plow.
Well the first guy was offended at that. ( I was surprised that he stuck around) He said I was being rude, and that since he asked first to plow, he should have been given the job! I was just dumbfounded. I know there aren't actual rules governing this. But since he refused to do the trees, I felt I didn't HAVE to hire him to plow.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old May 07 2010, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch Hazel View Post
I hire one person at a time to harvest and they even get my other farms. even then they don't finish or if they think it's a low paying crop they leave before i have a chance to tell them I have another farm. I don't hire to plow since I am trying to level up and don't have the time to go to the market place to hire myself out, but since I only hire one person at a time I think it's a fari exchange. i see that with the facilities it doesn't matter if I hire someone to harvest or not, so my incentive now is to plant ingredient crops and free myself of the market place altogether. Sorry if this sounds harsh but I've been playing this game nearly a year and have gotten tired of the pettiness and rudeness in the market place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS0643 View Post
If you hire people to plow your farm you still get the xps as if you plowed it yourself. Both the employee and the employer gets 1 xp per field plowed. It also saves you 5 or 10 coins depending on if you have someone from the MP plow or hire a neighbor to plow.
I have been playing for a year now, am Level 80, and I've finally had it with the market place. I have more coin than I need and can afford to plow my own fields, and with the facilities I don't gain from having someone else harvest for me; nevertheless I've been continuing to hire from the mp to help other farmers earn coin and level up. No more.

Rude manners are bad enough, but the number of people I hire who leave before they are finished or before they even begin is increasing. It's also getting harder to hire anyone....they have all sorts of stipulations as to type of crop, solo or not, etc. etc.. it takes forever sometimes to get anyone to work! I had several negative experiences today that I won't bore you with, but it convinced me to call it quits. From now on I do my own harvesting and plowing.
Old May 07 2010, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy too View Post
I hired two workers the other day to harvest, and then plow. When the crops were done, one guy asked if he could plow. I said that I needed the trees done first. (I don't have a lot of trees) He responded that he didn't do trees, he just wanted to plow.
I didn't reply to that, and when the other farmer was done harvesting the trees, I hired HER to plow.
Well the first guy was offended at that. ( I was surprised that he stuck around) He said I was being rude, and that since he asked first to plow, he should have been given the job! I was just dumbfounded. I know there aren't actual rules governing this. But since he refused to do the trees, I felt I didn't HAVE to hire him to plow.
That guy sounds like an idiot. I would have done the same as you did. Hired the other person to plow and paid no attention to him. I am running into more and more people who think that since we hired them to harvest that they are entitled to plow too.
Old May 07 2010, 09:07 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Thanks for the feedback.

In the marketplace today, there was a farmer whose NAME was "I work alone"

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old May 08 2010, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback.

In the marketplace today, there was a farmer whose NAME was "I work alone"
i bet that person get's hired for group job's allot just because of the name lol
Old May 09 2010, 03:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilde Lily View Post
I have been playing for a year now, am Level 80, and I've finally had it with the market place. I have more coin than I need and can afford to plow my own fields, and with the facilities I don't gain from having someone else harvest for me; nevertheless I've been continuing to hire from the mp to help other farmers earn coin and level up. No more.

Rude manners are bad enough, but the number of people I hire who leave before they are finished or before they even begin is increasing. It's also getting harder to hire anyone....they have all sorts of stipulations as to type of crop, solo or not, etc. etc.. it takes forever sometimes to get anyone to work! I had several negative experiences today that I won't bore you with, but it convinced me to call it quits. From now on I do my own harvesting and plowing.
Im with you on this!
I usualy hire my friends if they're online and they hire me. If not Im hiring from market place, lately Im blocking people who didnt do good job so I dont hire them by mistake anymore
Old May 09 2010, 04:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♫Tiki♫ View Post
Im with you on this!
I usualy hire my friends if they're online and they hire me.anymore
If my neighbors are around and could use the xp or coin I;ll happily hire them. And I trust the farmers on my buddy list, but they're not always on-line when I am...that's when I'd use the MP. I must say it's been nice not to have to deal with the MP every day.
Old May 11 2010, 12:40 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
I think this might have been me. Whenever I am hired to harvest I always check to make sure all the harvesting is done. Then I check to see if I can harvest the trees. Today I was hired to plow. When I got there there were three people harvesting. I guess they were all upset they weren't asked to plow also because they all left with only half the job done. I asked if he'd like me to finish the harvesting but the owner wasn't there.
Old May 11 2010, 06:12 PM

I have gotten to a point where I don't want to hire people from the market place anymore. As soon as they arrive and see you have a low paying crop like peanuts or sugarcane, they harvest half a dozen plots, then disappear. Yesterday, I had that happen twice with the same plot! These people end up on my "do not hire" list, which I DO check before I hire anyone. I finally found one person who was pretty slow, but DID do the job.

It has been my experience that those who refuse to do the lower paying harvesting are those at the higher levels. This is why I would like to know the level of a person before I hire them. Those who are just starting or are down there in the under 60 category are willing to take any job. Those who are already at level 80 only want to plow or do pineapples.

I tried to hire 4 different people today to harvest - they each saw I had grape tomatoes, lettuce, and squash, and immediately left. I only hire one person per job and always give them the option to plow, but if they are too good to harvest the lesser crops, then I don't want to hire them just to plow either. I ended up doing it myself.

I am at level 80, have 3 farms, and all the facilities, and a huge sum of cash and I've been playing almost 3 months. I got this by taking any and all jobs that came up. Even now, I spend my evenings harvesting low value crops because it seems no one else wants to be bothered with them.

I don't know what to do to solve the problem but - I do think knowing a person's level would be most helpful. I would be hiring those who NEED the work and won't walk off in the middle of a job.

Okay.. I'm getting off my soap box.. going to harvest some goodies!!
Old May 11 2010, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryLouW View Post
I have gotten to a point where I don't want to hire people from the market place anymore. As soon as they arrive and see you have a low paying crop like peanuts or sugarcane, they harvest half a dozen plots, then disappear. Yesterday, I had that happen twice with the same plot! These people end up on my "do not hire" list, which I DO check before I hire anyone. I finally found one person who was pretty slow, but DID do the job.

It has been my experience that those who refuse to do the lower paying harvesting are those at the higher levels. This is why I would like to know the level of a person before I hire them. Those who are just starting or are down there in the under 60 category are willing to take any job. Those who are already at level 80 only want to plow or do pineapples.

I tried to hire 4 different people today to harvest - they each saw I had grape tomatoes, lettuce, and squash, and immediately left. I only hire one person per job and always give them the option to plow, but if they are too good to harvest the lesser crops, then I don't want to hire them just to plow either. I ended up doing it myself.

I am at level 80, have 3 farms, and all the facilities, and a huge sum of cash and I've been playing almost 3 months. I got this by taking any and all jobs that came up. Even now, I spend my evenings harvesting low value crops because it seems no one else wants to be bothered with them.

I don't know what to do to solve the problem but - I do think knowing a person's level would be most helpful. I would be hiring those who NEED the work and won't walk off in the middle of a job.

Okay.. I'm getting off my soap box.. going to harvest some goodies!!

i found a few things i want to point out here.. if someone dissapears during harvest it may not be because they just left may be server issues and they got kicked off i have been having problems allday on the server luckily i didnt do any jobs today because of it..

as for the levels i find the opposite then you suggested i find the lower players are picky and the higher ones are willing to do lower crops.

as for the do not hire list its easier to just block them then remember their name because user names are not unique in the game there can be hundreds with the same name.. today when hiring in the market there where 3 others with the name jeanie as well as me