Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback

Old Jul 13 2010, 05:46 PM
Account Not Linked

I totally agree. I took a break from the game and when I came back i found a forum I never noticed before, fishing, and facilities. At first it took me a while to figure it all out and when I would ask at the market what fishing was nobody would answer. Does it really hurt to respond when your standing around waiting for a job?

Also I only have 1 farm since I am not at a high enough level yet to get another one and even if I wanted to I have a hard time parting with all that money. So I always have a HUGE field of pineapples to earn more coins so I can buy second farm without being broke after. When I hire someone to harvest and plow, they either leave without saying they dont want to plow so I have to go to the market to hire again or leave without saying thank you and I find it so rude. It almost makes me not want to hire others. I even say thank you when they are done for all the hard work they do on MY farm. I don't think it is hard to say thank you before you leave even if you dont wait for a reply back.

The other thing that I find really rude is people in the market saying over and over again that they want solo work. REALLY?? Don't we all? But shouldn't you just be greatful for any work you get? Well, that could be why the whole time I was there, selling my stuff then trying to find someone decent to hire, he didn't get one job! LoL thats what he gets for being greedy!
Old Jul 13 2010, 06:05 PM

I hear you.

On the very few occasions I hire, I look/wait for someone who actually says they want to harvest and plow.

Otherwise I ask for someone who wants to plow solo.

I remember the days of "fighting" with other erratic harvesters and plowers who who seemed like they were so in need of every patch they could get..... like it was real money. I would just leave, because there is/was always work to do.

When my neighbors needed more $$ or pts, I would wait till they were on, and give them the work. Now we are practically all at level 100, yet we still help each other when we can.

Rude people should be banned to the other farm**** for a month.
Old Jul 13 2010, 10:34 PM
Account Not Linked

I guess i am "super" not so smart lol I can not figure out how to post that i need facility workers? Thanks for any help
Old Jul 14 2010, 12:02 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by msinformation View Post
I guess i am "super" not so smart lol I can not figure out how to post that i need facility workers? Thanks for any help
Well, I didn't know you could do that so I would really like to know also!
Old Jul 18 2010, 09:03 AM

Send a message via ICQ to suenew Send a message via MSN to suenew Send a message via Yahoo to suenew Send a message via Skype™ to suenew
Angry thankyou

Is it just me or have others noticed , no please or thankyou when you help on a crop it makes me so angry .
Old Jul 18 2010, 09:05 AM

I agree. I always say 'please and thank you' whether I'm hiring or helping.
Old Jul 18 2010, 09:17 AM

I'm sure there are people who just don't say please and thank you, but the chat box is far from perfect. I always say please and thank you, but sometimes I thank a farmer who isn't there. When they do show up they don't know I've thanked them for work.

Other times I hit send when the farmer shows up - and my thank you never shows up in the chat box. By the time I realize it the farmer has left again.

Given that I know sometimes it appears that I lack manners, I give others the benefit of the doubt and assume that they, too, are polite and blame the chat feature.

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?farm_id=1101946568

Linda - FT Addict
Old Jul 18 2010, 09:32 AM

Oh don't get me started. LOL.

I have found such a big difference to hiring now as compared to 12 months ago.

If I can find a worker in the MP that wants to harvest and plow (not one or the other) they almost never say hello, thanks or bye. In fact a lot just never seem to finish a job. Harvest and leave or harvest partially then want to plow, ect, ect. I am so over hiring but sometimes I just don't feel like doing it and figure if someone is in the MP they must want to work but by geez I don't know, I have just about given up, do it nearly all myself as most my buddies don't play anymore.
Old Jul 18 2010, 09:38 AM
Account Not Linked

I've learned how to deal with this one. i only hire the ones who say please at the market. they are the ones who always say thank you while working. Then i add the good ones to my buddy list for later. Works for me. This way i don't have problems.
Old Jul 19 2010, 02:47 AM

Well, this is one of my pet hates, I now call it the Sharket Place. When I first started playing it was rare to come accross someone who didn't say please or thankyou. There were far more glitches with the game, especially timing out and loading. I always ask for someone to harvest AND plow, they harvest and disappear. Anyway, I still use my manners even if others don't.