Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback

Old Oct 03 2013, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightRider View Post
Do you use the option to hide everything except what can be worked with the tool that you are holding?

yup did that ..its when they have huge farms and I try and make it as small as I can so it fits on my monitor so have to go every corner etc
Old Oct 10 2013, 01:25 PM

How is it that I am being hired to harvest/plow farms and when I get there there is nothing to do? I was just hired to harvest/plow 9 of 19 farms. Of those 9 farms only two had crops to harvest. The other 7 were all plowed fields. I have trees and flowers turned on and could see them and they all dimmed out when I clicked on my harvest tool so none of those farms had harvestable trees so the harvest obviously wasn't for trees or flowers, and my chopping tool was dimmed out so chopping wasn't the job either. When I've accidently clicked on the wrong farm when hiring I will get a pop saying I can't hire for that farm because there is no work to do there so how are others able to hire me for a farm with no work on it?
Old Oct 10 2013, 02:25 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccheney View Post
How is it that I am being hired to harvest/plow farms and when I get there there is nothing to do? I was just hired to harvest/plow 9 of 19 farms. Of those 9 farms only two had crops to harvest. The other 7 were all plowed fields. I have trees and flowers turned on and could see them and they all dimmed out when I clicked on my harvest tool so none of those farms had harvestable trees so the harvest obviously wasn't for trees or flowers, and my chopping tool was dimmed out so chopping wasn't the job either. When I've accidently clicked on the wrong farm when hiring I will get a pop saying I can't hire for that farm because there is no work to do there so how are others able to hire me for a farm with no work on it?
The only thing I can think of is there is work on the farms when they hired you, and they hire multiple people for the same farms, and the ones that are done when you get there was done by someone else before you got there.

My Server: WF-36 on Windows 8
Primary Browser: Chrome

To contact Support: Click Here.

Information on how to clear several browser's cache: Click Here.

If you have a question please post them in the open forum and not in a private message or visitor message, unless it is in response to a private message. Thank you.
Old Oct 24 2013, 02:17 PM

Quote:
I agree with the Knightrider. They hire multiple workers, most probably because they are very busy in their personal lives. I never delegate 2 or more helpers to do same chore in the same farm. And if I am hires to do a job and if I see other people doing the same job that I was hired for, I leave that farm and I go to another farm where there are no workers. Also when I work into a farm and a farmer comes without tools, I stop working so that I give that farmers to earn some coins or xps.
Old Oct 24 2013, 02:33 PM

Quote:
I agree. I have had to leave many jobs because they were too much. I state in my status that I don't have tools and I still get jobs for 19 layered farms which would take me about an 45 mins to an hour a farm. I don't have 16-19 hrs a day to spend on a computer game. We definitely need a way to know the size of the job before we accept it. It would also be nice to know what people are willing to do before you hire them. It is so hard to get people to harvest/chop trees and flowers. I sent requests to 5 people who were asking for any job and every one turned my job down. I finally got one acceptance and he chopped 5 trees and left.
The person who hires u is probably desperate to find help for the chores of his/her farms. Both of you and them do not sign contracts therefore you can leave that farm for any reasons, but you should send them a message stating why you did not work. That's what I do, in case the farms are stacked 9x, or the trees are one here and 1 there. When I am hired to work in a farm I like the trees to be planted densely and not on single files because this wastes my time and fuel. If I don't finish a job, I notify the owner of the farm why I stopped working. On the other hand I plant my trees and flowers so that the hired helper has maximum benefit from helping me out. We should be caring for each other. Because I do not want my time to be wasted, I prefer to fish with my turbo boat it does not give me problems.
Old Oct 25 2013, 01:23 AM

Default Many people yoire do nothing at all which is why you have to hire multiple people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmo View Post
I agree with the Knightrider. They hire multiple workers, most probably because they are very busy in their personal lives. I never delegate 2 or more helpers to do same chore in the same farm. And if I am hires to do a job and if I see other people doing the same job that I was hired for, I leave that farm and I go to another farm where there are no workers. Also when I work into a farm and a farmer comes without tools, I stop working so that I give that farmers to earn some coins or xps.
Many people you hire do absolutely nothing which is why you have to attempt to hire multiple people and you stop hiring as soon as you see that work is being done when the message appears on the hiring site.
Old Oct 25 2013, 09:54 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodneycs View Post
Many people you hire do absolutely nothing which is why you have to attempt to hire multiple people and you stop hiring as soon as you see that work is being done when the message appears on the hiring site.
If you see that the person you hired isn't going to do anything, then yes, go back to the market place and rehire someone, but you can't just go back to your farm, see they haven't done anything yet and then immediately go back to the market place, you should give them a minute or so before going back to hire someone, plus there are people that will hire others even though they have workers already working on their farm. I have been hired to do a farm and there was 2 others on that farm harvesting and over half of it was done, so I did what I could and I left. Some probably say I should have left a message, but if I had left a message, that person could have access to my farm and I didn't want them to have any access to my farm or messages.

My Server: WF-36 on Windows 8
Primary Browser: Chrome

To contact Support: Click Here.

Information on how to clear several browser's cache: Click Here.

If you have a question please post them in the open forum and not in a private message or visitor message, unless it is in response to a private message. Thank you.
Old Oct 26 2013, 12:12 AM

My mom's plays now she is just starting out and is at level 24 and it seems no one wants to work low level farms. She hires them, they accept and then leave when they see she only has a small farm with low yielding crops. Unless you have high paying crops it seems like no one wants to bother with it.

I have encountered people who will harvest nothing but acorn squash. Talk about greedy.

What also gets me is people who say "I'll do any job" so I send a request to chop or harvest flowers and it's turned down or I'll send a request to harvest plow and chop and it's turned down. But if I immediately send the same person another request but leave off chop they accept it. Don't say I'll do any job if you don't mean it.
Old Oct 30 2013, 03:44 PM

Hi, there NEEDS to be a way to find out what each farmers has as far as tools when we click on them. Maybe if we click a pop out with a quick list of their top tools. Thank You & Happy Farming™
Old Oct 30 2013, 09:50 PM

This is an awesome idea!!!!! The best solution I've heard of. I have 3 farms that are perfect for farmers who have NO tools and could use the XP. Farmers who advertise all of the big tools do not need XP. They don't need to level up.