Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Apr 20 2013, 02:39 PM
Account Not Linked

Please devise method to hire people to work facilities and send clients.
Old Apr 20 2013, 03:12 PM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rennym View Post
Hi and thanks... already do that a lot... my message is intended to request setting up hiring procedures in the market place. THAT is what I would really like!
Hi,

I've added that detail to your idea in the suggestions area for you.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old May 05 2013, 06:58 PM

I think the one thing to do is make sure you hide as much as possible. The time it takes to turn trees back on , harvest, turn off.... then flowers or whatever you were hired to do.... well, it is a lot shorter that the wait you are experiencing.

good luck... don't quit now
Old May 07 2013, 04:24 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneFace View Post
I think the one thing to do is make sure you hide as much as possible. The time it takes to turn trees back on , harvest, turn off.... then flowers or whatever you were hired to do.... well, it is a lot shorter that the wait you are experiencing.

good luck... don't quit now
Hiding is great, it really does help, but if you are on farms that belong to people who layer and stack and jam as much on the farms as they can, it's going to take the processors longer to resolve the detail. Even with everything hidden, the game server and your computer still have to process what's there. WE can't see it but they can, and they have to resolve any instructions attached to all that stuff, the last of which is 'hide'. I bail on work that takes too long and I dont sweat over the bailing, they bring it on themselves by playing outside the parameters of the game.

Also, mcdaddie, stand still while the box is showing, it will speed up the games ability to resolve it's instructions if you dont keep giving it inputs.

Server WF37, W10, Chrome.

Need help timing quests/crops/trees/dinner? Google 'Farm Report Alarm', it rocks the game!
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old May 08 2013, 02:36 AM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnana View Post
Hiding is great, it really does help, but if you are on farms that belong to people who layer and stack and jam as much on the farms as they can, it's going to take the processors longer to resolve the detail. Even with everything hidden, the game server and your computer still have to process what's there. WE can't see it but they can, and they have to resolve any instructions attached to all that stuff, the last of which is 'hide'. I bail on work that takes too long and I dont sweat over the bailing, they bring it on themselves by playing outside the parameters of the game.

Also, mcdaddie, stand still while the box is showing, it will speed up the games ability to resolve it's instructions if you dont keep giving it inputs.
I have to agree with you, I have for instance all animals hidden BUT it only takes effect after the hire box is checked...so when hired to work facilities or referrals on many farms I'm contending with 9 layers of crops, stacked what they can and all jammed, some jam buildings in corners AND use all four corners on 18 farms, then on top of all of that I have to wait til I click that first pop box to work and then wait again for it all to load again, OK NOW the animals aren't visible to me but as you said the computer sees them.

Why people are using so many layers on 18 farms is beyond me and to add insult to injury it's all on HUGE farms. OK Thanks but no thanks Slash for increasing the size of the farms AGAIN so that now they can layer more area on farms 1 through 5....now we have 9 layers and jam on 34x34, oh goodie, not!

These same people will complain about neighbors not doing facilities, who has the time to sit and wait and wait? Oh ya and many times sitting, waiting to be a good neighbor and oops flash crashed!
I know you speak of working from market here, tried that had an experience that has me working for neighbors (not the heavy layered ones) and staying away from that market...AND I hire neighbors only to H&P my farms. Odd thing is, I have never layered a farm, jammed my buildings on top of each other and made farm 18 for most of my trees....AND strange as it may see I NEVER run out of crops and yes I do have some duplicate facilities that use the same crops, never run out of metal nor animal products either as I have 1 of each (all but the horses) on at least 15 out of 18 farms.

Guess I'm just not in whatever race many are in and I do believe it is a race for those points since many are like at I think a billion already....I'm very happy with my 36 million+ and yes been playing since early 2009 so with my vacations from FT I figure I'm doing fine in the points....What is the prize for reaching whatever is the highest anyway? Is it a ton of FC? LOL still not tempted if it is...

Old May 08 2013, 05:24 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santmyer View Post
...and these same folks will be the ones to come to the forum and have the nerve to complain that the work wasn't finished on their farms. Any farmer worth their salt would be ashamed to hire out a job that they themselves would not do.
That is exactly why they go to the market place to hire out, cause the job is too big and they don't want to take the time to do it themselves, I have left a job before cause it was layered with trees, flowers, and buildings on top of crops, and the trees was almost a full farm of trees.

My Server: WF-36 on Windows 8
Primary Browser: Chrome

To contact Support: Click Here.

Information on how to clear several browser's cache: Click Here.

If you have a question please post them in the open forum and not in a private message or visitor message, unless it is in response to a private message. Thank you.
Old May 08 2013, 06:53 PM

Level:
XP:

I seldom work for people in the market place anymore because its not worth my time unless they have huge crops of acorn squash etc and are not those decorated farms with stuff scattered all over the farm...which makes it impossible to use tools that are designed to work in blocks of 12x8, 8x8 etc....it takes longer to do these type of farms than to do someones 9x farm...and the bonus paid on these farms is not worth it also...

Visit 's Farm

Old May 08 2013, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrschar View Post
I like to help newbies when I have time also. We remember how it was, trying to level up. I have had the same problem, too. I have done this. If I have multiple fields, hire one person for one farm. If they actually have no tools, I let them know there is more work if they want it when they finish that farm. If they lied and have the tools, then that's all they get. Pft. If the field is large and overlapped, I will ask the farmer with no tools if they can handle it or if they want help. And I have also volunteered and harvested and let them plow because what they really need is XP for plowing.
I've sometimes had people say "I keep forgetting to change the end of the name" or "I've forgotten how to change the name. I have the combine. Mind if I use it?" I think that's what usually happens. People get so busy doing work they forget the change from "Qivis (h & p)" to "Qivis (combine!)" might be a good idea.
Old May 10 2013, 02:49 PM

Hi Everyone , just a friendly reminder.

This is the feedback section. If you require Help or wish to make a Suggestion please post in the relevant section. Posts that are not feedback may be moved or removed without warning.

Thanks
Old May 10 2013, 10:09 PM

Level:
XP:
Unhappy

[b]I've hired from the market, was also looking for newbies to help them out since I had the time....Well thought all would be good BUT that person began harvesting and I was very glad I hadn't moved away from my computer since the next thing I knew that person was furious with me for NOT having my farm layered! Can anyone tell me please how a person with no "power" tools could do a layered farm in anything less than hours?
Needless to say after telling me how stupid I am for not layering they left.
Have decided if none of my neighbors who need the xp points are on I'll do my farms myself.

Last edited by Tony D; May 10 2013 at 11:45 PM.