Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jun 15 2011, 09:25 PM

I had to call in the medics to look at the mayor and Tom the market dude that have now been held captive in my facilities for well over a week

the doc says they are on there last legs )-:

they say they may see out tomorrow

they say the only medicine is farm 10

Click HERE For instructions on clearing your browser's cache
Click HERE To clear your macromedia cache files
Click HERE For instructions on linking your farm to the forum
Old Jun 15 2011, 09:40 PM
Account Not Linked

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammy Snowbird View Post
Well, I can't say I agree with the objections to some ideas because they aren't farmlike enough. We never log on to find our farms laid to waste with a banner saying, "Too bad, a tornado came through. Please replant." Or discovering we have to spend a million coins to drop a new well. A little whimsey is welcome in this world away from home, whether it be a dance club, an occasional frozen crop or always fair weather.
I suggested a year or two before, before we have a mega updates for facilities and only had farms to make this Farmtown more realistic.

My suggestion was to add weather to the game (random of course because this will increase the need to buy and sell as some farms may have bad weather for few weeks ) We would have a daily forcast weather report for the next 7 day and depending on the weather if you could seed or harvest.

The weather report could be either symbols under the fuel tank icon or in preferences.

Eg If you sow one day and your crop is due when heavy rain is forecast that you only receive 75% of crop. or if you seed say a 3 day crop and the next 3 days is sunny that your crop yield increases to 130%

And if you get a weather report of a hurricane that any crops needing on that day will suffer loss of their crop.. but you can still sow and plow on that day.

That would make Farmtown more challenging.

here are some other ideas eg.

Cold snap - Fruit Trees 20% loss of harvest
Heavy Rain - loss of 25% of harvest
heat wave - Certain crops loss of 25% - cucumbers, squash - plants that affect by heat
Hurricane / tornado (rarely) - loss of crop or up to 50%
Snow - depending of the crop - loss of crop or up to 50%
Sunny Days - for crops 2 days or more increase harvest by 10% per day.

programing would not be hard - if then statement
yield =harvest yield x type of harvest divide or multiply weather factor.

I feel this would make the game more interesting and could to lead to other ideas. ( I have many more if this was to happen)

Also Farm town should have two levels..for this to happen
Level 1 farms to continue playing the game as they are now
Level 2 (more experience players) for the farmers that want the real experience - reward would be maybe double - Farmtown cash for each level . greater exp points etc.
Old Jun 15 2011, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdoe View Post
I suggested a year or two before, before we have a mega updates for facilities and only had farms to make this Farmtown more realistic.

My suggestion was to add weather to the game (random of course because this will increase the need to buy and sell as some farms may have bad weather for few weeks ) We would have a daily forcast weather report for the next 7 day and depending on the weather if you could seed or harvest.

The weather report could be either symbols under the fuel tank icon or in preferences.

Eg If you sow one day and your crop is due when heavy rain is forecast that you only receive 75% of crop. or if you seed say a 3 day crop and the next 3 days is sunny that your crop yield increases to 130%

And if you get a weather report of a hurricane that any crops needing on that day will suffer loss of their crop.. but you can still sow and plow on that day.

heat wave - Certain crops loss of 25% - cucumbers, squash - plants that affect by heat

I feel this would make the game more interesting and could to lead to other ideas. ( I have many more if this was to happen)

Level 2 (more experience players) for the farmers that want the real experience - reward would be maybe double - Farmtown cash for each level . greater exp points etc.
fantastic i like it

you should post this in the suggestions section

Click HERE For instructions on clearing your browser's cache
Click HERE To clear your macromedia cache files
Click HERE For instructions on linking your farm to the forum
Old Jun 15 2011, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdoe View Post

No offense but I don't like this idea at all. We all come to farm town to escape reality in some form (if we didn't, no one would be here). I've been through enough storms...cleaning up real messes from hurricanes and tornadoes, I don't need them being on my game too.
Over 7.5 Billion coins
Avid Farmer since September 17,2009
Farm Town Addict!
Old Jun 15 2011, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggiel29 View Post
Fathers day in the UK is this Sunday coming - 19th June. Our Mothers day is different from the US as well.
Father's Day is the 19th in the USA too!
Over 7.5 Billion coins
Farm Town Addict!
Old Jun 15 2011, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by al_bundy View Post
i guess 99% of the population live on facebook so thats where they concentrate on

myspace is basicly a dead website i deleted my profile a long time ago

just sayin
I agree with you! I deleted myspace like 3 years ago!
Over 7.5 Billion coins
Farm Town Addict!
Old Jun 15 2011, 09:54 PM
Account Not Linked

should be able to work just neighbours farms while they r off line and new crops and facs would b gd and i agree up above should b able to work all farms at once and facs at once

my fathers day in sept
Old Jun 15 2011, 10:03 PM
Account Not Linked

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennaSweetness View Post
No offense but I don't like this idea at all. We all come to farm town to escape reality in some form (if we didn't, no one would be here). I've been through enough storms...cleaning up real messes from hurricanes and tornadoes, I don't need them being on my game too.
I appreciated your thoughts and reasoning. I thought long and hard about this idea that why I also suggested 2 Levels.. for players like you that want to keep playing the game as you are... the second layer are for players that need more stimulation.

There many parts of the game many players don't like - introduction of alcohol and naming of drinks (Sex on the beach) belt system etc but players still play on.

My suggestion and idea is giving each player the option without restricting each other.
Old Jun 15 2011, 10:04 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by al_bundy View Post
good idea i do see its merrits

however i find that farmtown is very realistic (well crop times arnt) but i guess if we had to wait 8 weeks for a crop to be ready we would give up playing but real farmers cant freeze there crops (unless its very cold where they live) so that would be unrealistic farmtown is about managing your crops only plant what you know you can harvest like dont plant rasberries if you know you will be going out directly after planting and wont be home till the morning

i personally hope they dont introduce a freeze crop option
What I have suggested in the past and I think could be good for the game is some different kinds of fertilizer for the farm. They would cost fc but there would be other ways of getting them, more on that in a minute. What the fertilizers could do is this.

1. Take time off of growing anywhere from 1 hour to instant growth.
  2. Unspoil on a crop that way if you miss getting a crop you could bring it back to life. I don't know if this is possible but it would only work for the top layer if a farm is layered.
  3. Add a percent of mastery for the belt system, though as easy as the belts are this wouldn't be much help to older players.
How it could work is this the fertilizer cost fc that way people are not using tons of it or if they are they are spending real money or doing offers to get it that way the devs make some money off of it. Other ways to get is is to redo the lottery system and change it to a rewards system where you get the following depending on the day in a row you play.

1. Day one you get coins.
  2. Day two you get 1000 of a crop that is needed a lot like rice, wheat, potatoes, or corn but not limited to those options.
  3. Day three you get another 1000 crops like before.
  4. Day four you get 500 of a cash fish like cod, salmon, or lobster to use in facilities.
  5. Day five you get an ingredient that is needed a lot like cheese, canned tuna, or something that is used in other facilities, fuel could be an option here as well.
  6. Day six you get one of the special fertilizers to use in the farm and could send 1 to six different neighbors.
  7. Day seven you get 1 fc.
This would let people get a break form unexpected stuff coming up but at the same time not let it be common place because you buy it with coins. It could also help when you have a new facility come out that uses a longer term crop like we had with the last facility you don't have to wait 3 or more days to get the crop you need for the new facility. I think it could also help keep players because they would get a little free fc not so much that it will negate buying it but there is that added reward for not skipping a day playing the game.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Old Jun 15 2011, 10:41 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS0643 View Post
What I have suggested in the past and I think could be good for the game is some different kinds of fertilizer for the farm. They would cost fc but there would be other ways of getting them, more on that in a minute. What the fertilizers could do is this.

1. Take time off of growing anywhere from 1 hour to instant growth.
  2. Unspoil on a crop that way if you miss getting a crop you could bring it back to life. I don't know if this is possible but it would only work for the top layer if a farm is layered.
  3. Add a percent of mastery for the belt system, though as easy as the belts are this wouldn't be much help to older players.
How it could work is this the fertilizer cost fc that way people are not using tons of it or if they are they are spending real money or doing offers to get it that way the devs make some money off of it. Other ways to get is is to redo the lottery system and change it to a rewards system where you get the following depending on the day in a row you play.

1. Day one you get coins.
  2. Day two you get 1000 of a crop that is needed a lot like rice, wheat, potatoes, or corn but not limited to those options.
  3. Day three you get another 1000 crops like before.
  4. Day four you get 500 of a cash fish like cod, salmon, or lobster to use in facilities.
  5. Day five you get an ingredient that is needed a lot like cheese, canned tuna, or something that is used in other facilities, fuel could be an option here as well.
  6. Day six you get one of the special fertilizers to use in the farm and could send 1 to six different neighbors.
  7. Day seven you get 1 fc.
This would let people get a break form unexpected stuff coming up but at the same time not let it be common place because you buy it with coins. It could also help when you have a new facility come out that uses a longer term crop like we had with the last facility you don't have to wait 3 or more days to get the crop you need for the new facility. I think it could also help keep players because they would get a little free fc not so much that it will negate buying it but there is that added reward for not skipping a day playing the game.
Jason.. I can see you put some effort into this idea.

I for one dont like it because it is to easy to get things for no or little effort.
If you short of crops then go and buy some.. or organise yourself and sow what most important to you. I dont know how you can be short of crops with all the freebies you can get from the belt system.. I have so much that I go to empty my stocks by going to the Sellers market. Unfortunately not many visit there anymore because they can get all they need from all the freebies

If you short work your fiends facilities. I do it to top up my stocks or ask them to send back to you.

Your ideas makes it to easy so why play the game.. and sorry if your crop dies its dead.. then nothing should bring them back a life.. not even a magic potion.
Closed Thread