Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Jan 29 2012, 04:04 PM

Feedback for all those who, like me, have made 'quest farms' with everything possible at the ready, all set to go on the next quest.

Little Miss Smartie Pants being the ever prepared ex girl guide that she is, eagerly opened her quest this morning to find that she had to 'make orange pigment' ... two steps only.

Runs to quest farm, harvests a few carrot, heads off to ink and pigment factory and, having made sure there was a little space in each and every factory, sets orange pigment into the making ... waits only one hour ... quest finished

Now I feel a little deflated Oh well, I stuffed it up the other day and had to wait for 8 hours for a crop to finish growing, then felt deflated too.

Now: What needs doing to make sure that I am completely ready for my next quest tomorrow ???

Note to self: Quite possibly the farmtown fairies know that I have a workload a mile high today in the real world, and gave me an itty bitty quest so that I would be satisfied and GO AND GET MY WORK DONE!!

Last edited by HelenJS22; Jan 29 2012 at 04:11 PM.
Old Jan 29 2012, 04:08 PM

Another point that should be made regarding this morning's short and sharp quest ....... IT DID NOT REQUIRE A FARM CASH FACILITY IN ANYWAY.

The only requirement for this quest was harvesting carrot and then making orange pigment in the Ink and Pigment factory which can be bought for 900,000 farmCOIN

Old Jan 29 2012, 04:20 PM

I for one hope they never change the quests to allow neighbours to help,or gifts to be used. I like the idea we have to actually work and struggle to do them.

Who wants it to be too easy.if i come up against a quest that requires a facility i don't have..well I'll either buy it or pass up on that quest.. There is nothing compulsory about the game. Please devs don't make it too easy just because some want ABC rules.. keep it a challenge which is what a quest should be!!
Old Jan 29 2012, 04:23 PM

So far, so good, I am working on my third and fourth quests with no problems. I have one request, please, please, please, do NOT make any of them dependent on harvesting crops from other peoples farms. I don't think many of us want to be begging in the market to harvest a certain crop in order to finish a quest. The thing I like the most is that fact we can do it all ourselves and not have to beg others for anything to finish them, unlike some other farm game.
Old Jan 29 2012, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabonario View Post
So far, so good, I am working on my third and fourth quests with no problems. I have one request, please, please, please, do NOT make any of them dependent on harvesting crops from other peoples farms. I don't think many of us want to be begging in the market to harvest a certain crop in order to finish a quest. The thing I like the most is that fact we can do it all ourselves and not have to beg others for anything to finish them, unlike some other farm game.
I'm also not sure about extending the quest to working on other people's farms, though it would present further challenge.

Many of my neighbour farmers have quit the game, or play irregularly, and the four or five dedicated ones left are all in different countries. We kind of see each other in passing now, and we chat a lot, but that is done these days while we work on our own farms more than on each others.

I also would hate to have to go to the market and beg for certain crops. I don't have a lot of spare time, and that is spent caring for all 13 farms. It is amazing how many hours that can take if you want to keep it all going and right up to date.

I have always gone to the market with a 'I will do absolutely anything asked' attitude, and I'd never change that. However, I can't afford the time to spend all night in the market hoping for a few squares of a certain crop which may or may not happen.

I like the fact that we have to rely on our resources for quests, although we have to be on the ball. The current version also allows us to do them only in our own time.

Old Jan 29 2012, 05:51 PM

Thinking further about the possibility of having to go to the market to hire someone to harvest for you, it would be an absolutely certainty that some one would go to your farm, harvest only the few crops that they require for a quest, then leave you with the rest un harvested.

On the other hand, if you had a mixed farm, as many of us do now, there would be no guarantee with a market hiree that they would only harvest the crop you asked them to do.

I know that the requirement would be set up in good faith by the devs, but there are plenty of people in the market who are totally unscrupulous, but you normally can't pick them until it is too late.

Last edited by HelenJS22; Jan 29 2012 at 11:25 PM.
Old Jan 29 2012, 06:14 PM

2 quests opened up to start - 2 quests will not be finished - do not have the facilities to get items or make finished product.

I do not have all FC facilities.
Old Jan 29 2012, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippity View Post
No. They are different for everyone
The crops I already had planted did not count when I harvested.
Old Jan 29 2012, 07:18 PM

[quote=Farmer Homer;5028538]I finished my "quest farm" today. I have 9 of each tree used in factories (I hope I got them all), 16 of each flower used, cows, goats, sheep, llama, geese, turkeys, horses, chickens and rabbits. I have a lake with boat, river, small and large seacoast. I have a patch work farm with 8 plots each but looks like I need to increase to 10 on some of them.

I'm loving the quests. I'm on my third, none of them has completed as yet, all have been pretty involved with several steps which makes it more of a challenge.

I get the trees and planting crops and flowers, but to put cows, goats, sheep, llama, geese, turkeys, horses, chickens and rabbits on the farm, don't you have to have the sheds etc to get the items (wool, feathers, hair etc)??

Also, how are people viewing more than 1 quest at a time? I had my first quest - everything still said locked underneath. Finished the quest, still locked up, and it says can't start another one for 19 hours. What am I doing wrong?
Old Jan 29 2012, 07:24 PM

[quote=sharimom;5029266]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer Homer View Post
I finished my "quest farm" today. I have 9 of each tree used in factories (I hope I got them all), 16 of each flower used, cows, goats, sheep, llama, geese, turkeys, horses, chickens and rabbits. I have a lake with boat, river, small and large seacoast. I have a patch work farm with 8 plots each but looks like I need to increase to 10 on some of them.

I'm loving the quests. I'm on my third, none of them has completed as yet, all have been pretty involved with several steps which makes it more of a challenge.

I get the trees and planting crops and flowers, but to put cows, goats, sheep, llama, geese, turkeys, horses, chickens and rabbits on the farm, don't you have to have the sheds etc to get the items (wool, feathers, hair etc)??

Also, how are people viewing more than 1 quest at a time? I had my first quest - everything still said locked underneath. Finished the quest, still locked up, and it says can't start another one for 19 hours. What am I doing wrong?
No matter how early you finish a quest, the next one still stays locked until 20 hours (I think) is up. We can only have one quest per day, though if a quest takes us longer than one day, the next one will open so that we can work on two at the same time.

Yep, to have extra animals harvest ready on any farm, you do need to have the animal sheds on that same farm, but these are mostly for farm cash (except stables I think) and you don't need to fill them completely with all 100 of each animal. I'm pretty sure no quest would require the product of 100 of any animal.

Then it's just a case of making sure that you don't harvest those sheds right before your quest is due to open