Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jun 12 2011, 08:32 PM
Account Not Linked

Exclamation Crop Belts

I keep getting the message of "over 1,000,000" in a 12 hour period. I have waited 12 hours, 18 hours, 24 hours, etc. and still not able to receive anything; the person who has the belt bonus gets their stuff, but not me. I am very frustrated. Teresa AndreychukFarmerT aka Untwisted T
Old Jun 12 2011, 08:36 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teresa AndreychukFarmer T View Post
I keep getting the message of "over 1,000,000" in a 12 hour period. I have waited 12 hours, 18 hours, 24 hours, etc. and still not able to receive anything; the person who has the belt bonus gets their stuff, but not me. I am very frustrated. Teresa AndreychukFarmerT aka Untwisted T
The 1,000,000 coins is for both your own posts and for helping others. So if you posted and received enough to make the 1,000,000 coins then you can not receive any from helping others.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jun 12 2011, 11:20 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbara nixon View Post
i'm still confused..what determines the 1,000,000 coins? i've posted my belts 3 times and i'm done for 12 hrs..i've never got to post 5 times..sorry to keep harping on this but it would nice to know how they get to the amount..thanks..still like the game over all the others...
i figured out this morning why i was not getting to post 5 times. i got to post 2 times this morning and i looked at my profile and realized i had posted 3 times 10 hours before so that totaled my 5 times in 12 hours. i waited another 2 hours and was able to post 3 more times. it's an accumulation of all posts done in the past 12 hours.
Old Jun 12 2011, 11:52 PM

Exclamation Could We PLEASE Have a List!!!!

Having read through various parts of this thread over the past several days, I've been able to piece together bits and pieces of how the belt/dan system is supposed to work. So far, I believe the following rules apply (or so it seems from what I've read):
  • Fertilization has no effect on the count
  • The 12-hours/1,000,000 coin limit applies to the aggregate of what we send and receive
  • The 12-hours is a "floating" time period, i.e., the system computes what you've received in the 12 hours immediately preceding the moment you click, and THAT IS THE 12 HOURS THAT COUNTS.
  • The number of harvests required for each belt/dan variess from crop to crop.
  • No one knows where they stand on gift trees unless they keep a log or list (which I am doing)
Oh, and there is (or isn't) some relationship between the regular gifts we send and/or the ingredient requests we respond to and the thresholds for the belt system.

Have I got it right so far?!!

WHAT WOULD IT TAKE FOR THE DEVS TO COMPILE A SIMPLE LIST SUCH AS THE ABOVE TO PROVIDE US WITH CONCRETE INFORMATION ON WHICH TO BASE OUR DECISIONS?!!! (YES, I KNOW I'M SHOUTING, BUT I'M GETTING VERY FRUSTRATED!!!)

And one more thing -- If I earn several belts/dans because I harvest a large field of a crop, does it count against my limit if I click the green tick on each successive level? If it does, that would be useful information to know -- although the timing of the notices makes the decision a dicey one. You don't know whether or not you're going to make the next level until some time (usually a couple of minutes) after you finish harvesting a crop. If you have already checked the red X, there goes your "chance" to earn an extra bonus!!! I think if you wait, you will be given all the posts you could make, but then you have to remember how high your last one was lest you click the red X on it too.

Will someone PLEASE sit down with Raul and come up with a single list that explains in simple terms the rules governing the system?! Surely the devs know how they've designed it to work. It shouldn't take a rocket scientist to develop this list. After all, I'm not a rocket scientist, and I have been able to glean enough reliable(?) information about how the system works to make the above list. Just think what someone who "knows" the system could achieve!!! And we could dispense with these pages and pages and pages of questions, many unanswered!!

And MAYBE, just maybe, Farm 10 and the new levels would appear.

PLEASE?!!

Farm? Not Here!!
~ Gateway to My Agricultural Empire ~

Farming Since 26 September 2009
Level 1175 & Rising

Am I addicted to Farm Town?
Old Jun 13 2011, 12:42 AM
Account Not Linked

Deanna the gifts and ingredients have nothing to do with the belt bonus you can receive as many gifts as you want in a day and ingredients are 1,000,000 worth in the last 12 hours. Now on the do I or don’t I click the check to post, if the item is in the store you can leave the pop up there and open the store to see how many more harvest you need to reach the next belt. Then you will know if you will get another belt so you can then close the store and click the check mark or x.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Old Jun 13 2011, 02:08 AM

Additional levels are needed. I hit 210 and find the game has less challenge without more levels to obtain.

I really have less reason to play the game now.
Old Jun 13 2011, 02:25 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS0643 View Post
Deanna the gifts and ingredients have nothing to do with the belt bonus you can receive as many gifts as you want in a day and ingredients are 1,000,000 worth in the last 12 hours. Now on the do I or don’t I click the check to post, if the item is in the store you can leave the pop up there and open the store to see how many more harvest you need to reach the next belt. Then you will know if you will get another belt so you can then close the store and click the check mark or x.
Indeed Jas that does work in theory.. unless of course you are harvesting a lot of different things. If you go and check on the status of carrots for instance, whilst someone is harvesting.. they then move on to something else and all of a sudden the pop up for the next item goes over the top of it and you lost the original one, resulting in you missing the belt for that crop which happened to me and i felt real ripped off coz i was in the same boat.. do i post the brown if a black is only going to pop up? at the end of the day though... its all free bonuses so I dont complain.. just plan it better by getting my husband to do each thing one at a time until that particular belt is going no further. Im sure it drives him nuts but at least I dont miss it then.. not that you can do that if you hire a stranger hahaha
Old Jun 13 2011, 03:05 AM

I, too, would like some kind of list or status report telling me where I stand in giving and receiving bonuses. I also think it really isn't fair to with hold a bonus because somebody is getting too much. The work was still done, so the bonus should be given. Tonight, I noticed that when I reached a brown or black belt, I wasn't even given the choice to post, presumably because I had already reached the 1 million coin limit.
Old Jun 13 2011, 03:18 AM

Well it's about as clear as mud.

It seems it is determined that I have had my lot for the 12 hours but still sends to the requesting party. I sort of get how it is working but it's a bit of a mess as far as I am concerned. If we put the effort in to help others we should be rewarded. I am getting mighty choosy on what I post and what I will click on if I am looking to receive anything. No clicking willy nilly now.

I don't like to whinge because Raul is doing a terrific job but this really is one thing that needs looking at and a better explanation given.
Old Jun 13 2011, 03:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanaleanna View Post
I, too, would like some kind of list or status report telling me where I stand in giving and receiving bonuses. I also think it really isn't fair to with hold a bonus because somebody is getting too much. The work was still done, so the bonus should be given. Tonight, I noticed that when I reached a brown or black belt, I wasn't even given the choice to post, presumably because I had already reached the 1 million coin limit.

No nana, I don't think it has anything to do with reaching your 1 mill limit. It all seems very random to me as to when the pops up appear. I have never been anywhere near the limit purely because not many of my friends post, and I too hardly post, yet I still don't always get the pop up.
Closed Thread