Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jun 06 2011, 01:00 AM

If we are lucky enough to receive the extra crops based on our belt ranks, there doesn't seem to be any way of telling how much extra we received. Is the bonus quantity random, or based on a percentage of the amount harvested?

As for the limits on extra ingredient requests that everyone is moaning about, I personally am happy with them, it seems the more you give players the more they want. Sorry but I had to get that off my chest.

Last edited by Oopsy-Bumpty; Jun 06 2011 at 01:08 AM.
Old Jun 06 2011, 01:58 AM
Account Not Linked

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by ten bears View Post
First off let me say i hate this belt thing...This seems like a case of someone being asleep at the wheel I,ve spent hunderds of dollars on this game not just for me but for friends or neighbors. Could you please explain to me why i need a belt? This game is starting to get to silly not too long ago we were told not to stack/layer fields if it was mentioned one of the quick draw mods would remove the post, what,s up with that? I,ve never did that to any of mine because of the slowness of the game but now farmtown is infested with these farms. How about doing something for us who don,t stack or layer like maybe a x4 or a x5 fertlizer for farmcash or would that be to easy since we already have a x2? I quit spending money when the dance facility came out i have a real farm and know many others who do, not one of them have a dance facility on them. I think what happened was slashkey left the door open & the wrong dogs came home So i say this run them dogs out take control of your hizzel & shut that door before it,s too late. Be careful not to improve the quality out of the game. Yours truly Ten Bears.
Not sure if you have looked around at other farms all over the place. The joy of this game is that the devs have created many facilities that open up different themes. Yes we can make the farms but we can now make mini cities, therefore, the dance facility, movie theatres and supermarket etc are great for making up the city type farms.. face it.. as much as you and your friends all live on farms, surely you must go to a town or city once in a while? To stay strictly farming would then bore people and they would be screaming at the Devs for more.. and more, and then some more, to make it more challenging or introducing more concepts. I guess they cant win! As they say, pleasing everyone is a difficult task, but annoying everyone is a piece of cake.
Old Jun 06 2011, 02:18 AM

@ten bears

I am a little puzzled as to how you can hate something that will actually benefit you in the long run...so yes the devs have done something for you as a none stacking player.

As for the dance facility, well living on a real farm doesn't mean that you have to have all 9 farms looking like the real thing. The whole game has become about fun and being creative with the things that the devs give us. The word farm has just become a euphemism for blank canvas

Last edited by Oopsy-Bumpty; Jun 06 2011 at 04:02 AM.
Old Jun 06 2011, 03:35 AM

i can see what there trying to achieve and the end benefit

Click HERE For instructions on clearing your browser's cache
Click HERE To clear your macromedia cache files
Click HERE For instructions on linking your farm to the forum
Old Jun 06 2011, 04:01 AM

If I remember correctly the first day I saw bonus was on Thursday and happily clicked away helping a few friends, being told that bonus was sent to my storage, not gift box so I have no way of knowing if I got the bonus. Next day only, I tried bonus again, it sent to my friends but said I had reached my limit but I had not helped anyone in 24 hours !!! Today is the first time I am back online since Friday, that's approx 72 hours and again giving me the same message. REACHED LIMIT !!!
Old Jun 06 2011, 04:24 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOE View Post
If I remember correctly the first day I saw bonus was on Thursday and happily clicked away helping a few friends, being told that bonus was sent to my storage, not gift box so I have no way of knowing if I got the bonus. Next day only, I tried bonus again, it sent to my friends but said I had reached my limit but I had not helped anyone in 24 hours !!! Today is the first time I am back online since Friday, that's approx 72 hours and again giving me the same message. REACHED LIMIT !!!
I got the same problem, reached limit but i havent clicked anything

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Jun 06 2011, 04:31 AM

The Flower bonus is still not right - I have lost hundreds of them! The Lillies and Roses I only get one plant and the others 5 in my gift box but my friend who sent them get the 500 odd!
Everything else is working great - and I seem to be getting the % extras when I harvest.
Old Jun 06 2011, 11:05 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
But they don't count the same because they are not the same value.

I wasnt aware we got more dan points if the item costs more to buy or sells for more at the market.

Could you pls point out where they say it matters how many danpoints and belt colors you get based on the "value" of anything? The only thing i saw was that it was based on 1 unit being harvested, not what that unit is worth monitary wise. So im looking in the original post but i cant find anything where it says the value per unit matters. Perhaps you could point that out?
Old Jun 06 2011, 11:21 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Duck Goose View Post
I wasnt aware we got more dan points if the item costs more to buy or sells for more at the market.

Could you pls point out where they say it matters how many danpoints and belt colors you get based on the "value" of anything? The only thing i saw was that it was based on 1 unit being harvested, not what that unit is worth monitary wise. So im looking in the original post but i cant find anything where it says the value per unit matters. Perhaps you could point that out?
If you are still trying to figure out why maple and pine need different requirements I replied to you about that already. Here is what I said. This information has not been posted on the forum but it comes from taking note of what is needed to reach a belt for each crop and looking at how long that crop takes to grow and what level it unlocks at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS0643 View Post
What is needed to get a belt is determined by two things the time it takes to grow the crop and the level you get the crop at. The lower level stuff has lower requirements then the higher level stuff and the shorter time stuff has higher harvest requirements then the longer grow stuff. Pine is available at level 1 maple is available at level 80 that is why there is a difference in the harvest requirements for the two trees.

I know the devs have been busy and I can wait to get the belt requirements but I will be interested to see exactly what they are and if I can figure out their logic behind the numbers. I have been trying to keep track of what is needed as I harvest my own crops but sometimes I mess it up.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Old Jun 06 2011, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostkitten View Post
While I like the idea of the belts it would be nice if I could post any of my levels on my wall....The 1st day I got 2 notices..Thats was it......I get msgs I have Black,brown belts but no option to post to my wall........All my neighbors have them plastered all over my wall......Whats up with that..I have harvested all day today...Nothing ..nadda.....
It used to be this way, and was changed because of the INCREDIBLE amount of belt spam on everyone's walls. NO, I do not want to look through a hundred belt posts, and I've blocked neighbors that have made 20+ consecutive posts.

There's no reason for a game to allow players to garbage up everyone's newsfeeds.

Visit my main farms,The Farms at ShortBerry!
Also check out Coal Patch Woods, my mom's farms, of which I am general manager. (It features farming on a budget...NO purchased Farm Cash with this farm!)
Closed Thread