Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old May 22 2020, 01:56 AM

Default Gifts disappeared

So, I have been wanting some gift-only trees lately, so have been letting gifts build up, on purpose. When I clicked on the My Requests link, there were none. There were probably a couple of hundred gifts sent (the button has said 50 for a number of days), but /apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pending/ said there were no requests, and the nav button now has no number.
Old May 22 2020, 04:25 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by George.S View Post
So, I have been wanting some gift-only trees lately, so have been letting gifts build up, on purpose. When I clicked on the My Requests link, there were none. There were probably a couple of hundred gifts sent (the button has said 50 for a number of days), but /apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pending/ said there were no requests, and the nav button now has no number.
Hi George.S,

It's sounding like you have stuck gifts, that you can't see in the My Requests page. What has probably happened is you have already accepted those and they have not cleared from Facebooks' gift area.

It happens sometimes. So what you need to do is clear them out.

We also know Facebook has been making changes to their cookies, which means some of the old ones no longer work, that can cause issues with some features of the game, so if you have not cleared your browser cookies recently please do so. Make sure you know all log in details/passwords before you do it.

To clear the stuck Gifts:

First check My Requests still has no gifts. If there are some, accept/exchange them.

Then to clear the stuck ones, click on this link:
https://www.facebook.com/games/activity

That link will take you to Facebook's gift area for games.

Find the Farm Town requests and click the X to cancel them out.
You can try accepting them if you want BUT you won't get them when they are stuck ones as those have already been accepted. You will also have to do one at a time.

If there are any train requests in there you need to click the X or Ignore on those, you can't boost trains from that section. If you are not sure if they are new boosts or old boosts, check the Train Manager in the game, new ones always show up there.

When you have cleared all the requests, that should fix the problem so you can see and get new gifts in My Requests.

Last edited by Tiger; May 22 2020 at 04:30 AM.
Old May 23 2020, 09:42 PM

Default Gifts from neighbors not showing until reach 50

I have recently reached level 1150 and since then all the gifts my neighbors send me are held back until they reach 50 and then they are released until I reach 50 again and then they are released again and so on. Can you please tell me how to fix this or what is wrong with it.
Old May 23 2020, 09:48 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellybean1972 View Post
I have recently reached level 1150 and since then all the gifts my neighbors send me are held back until they reach 50 and then they are released until I reach 50 again and then they are released again and so on. Can you please tell me how to fix this or what is wrong with it.
Hi Jellybean,
I moved your post to the subject thread about gifts.

Have never heard of this happening. The only thing I can suggest is to try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.
If your farm is open close it. Then reopen and try again.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

If you want us to check on this you will need to provide a link to your farms. Going to your farm and copying the address does not work as that is a generic link that takes us to our own farms. The automatic linking does not work either so you will have to create one and paste it here in a reply. Please follow the instructions on how to do that are in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=645850
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old May 24 2020, 07:15 AM

Once again having to accept gifts from the FB Game/Activity page, one at a time only. If I go to requests it is empty. Some gifts simply cannot be accepted and I am redirected to my farm. Link is http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...388&farm_ix=23

I do have Chrome OS but there have been no updates in the last few days. This problem has been for about 12 hours. I figure this is another FB problem, but I wanted to let you know. There's no difference when I clear the memecache.

If nothing else this is a heads-up for you. Thanks, Becky aka Grammy Lehr
Old May 24 2020, 09:29 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyL View Post
Once again having to accept gifts from the FB Game/Activity page, one at a time only. If I go to requests it is empty. Some gifts simply cannot be accepted and I am redirected to my farm. Link is http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...388&farm_ix=23

I do have Chrome OS but there have been no updates in the last few days. This problem has been for about 12 hours. I figure this is another FB problem, but I wanted to let you know. There's no difference when I clear the memecache.

If nothing else this is a heads-up for you. Thanks, Becky aka Grammy Lehr
Hi BeckyL,
Did those gifts you accepted go to your gift box? If not then they were previously accepted gifts. Those gifts are in the Games/Activity because Facebook just hasn't updated that they were previously accepted.
Only thing I can suggest is to try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.
If your farm is open close it. Then reopen and try again.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old May 24 2020, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
That change is a Facebook change and was not implemented by Farm Town. The lists that you see currently for Farm Town players is put together by Facebook and not by Farm Town, even though we use those in Farm Town.
You can create your own Facebook lists with just your neighbors that you can use instead of the ones for all friends or Facebooks created list of Farm Town players. Here is a link to an explanation on how to do that:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=349654
I can't send one friend a gift..when i go send gifts, it keeps telling me i can't send this person a gift..we are supposed to be able to send gifts every 8 hours, but i can't send this friend a gift for over 24 hours. I have tried everything, i mean everything. Nothing!! one minute it says i can't send him my friend a gift for 6 more hours,which it's already been 24 hours. I waited for those 6 hours, then it tells me, i have already sent this neighbor a gift. I don't know what else to do..like i said, i have tried everything and nothing is workin...and i have 94 friends...it didn't matter before but these past few days..it has changed where i can't send the gift..
Old May 24 2020, 11:04 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyjerri View Post
I can't send one friend a gift..when i go send gifts, it keeps telling me i can't send this person a gift..we are supposed to be able to send gifts every 8 hours, but i can't send this friend a gift for over 24 hours. I have tried everything, i mean everything. Nothing!! one minute it says i can't send him my friend a gift for 6 more hours,which it's already been 24 hours. I waited for those 6 hours, then it tells me, i have already sent this neighbor a gift. I don't know what else to do..like i said, i have tried everything and nothing is workin...and i have 94 friends...it didn't matter before but these past few days..it has changed where i can't send the gift..
Hi ladyjerri,
When it said you had already sent this one person a gift have you asked them if they have gotten it?
How are you trying to send them a gift? There are several ways you can send gifts. They are from the Send Gifts tab from a list of your neighbors, from the My Requests tab you can return a gift, and from the Neighbor Bar at the bottom of your farms.
Has this person possibly blocked you in the game or through Facebook?
Old May 24 2020, 04:54 PM

"Hi BeckyL,
Did those gifts you accepted go to your gift box? If not then they were previously accepted gifts. Those gifts are in the Games/Activity because Facebook just hasn't updated that they were previously accepted.
Only thing I can suggest is to try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done."

These are not previously accepted gifts. The Request tab stays empty while the gifts stack up in the Facebook/Games/Activity page. The gifts DO go into my giftbox, but it takes about a minute just to accept 3 gifts. I much prefer the FT Requests method...
Old May 24 2020, 04:58 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyL View Post
"Hi BeckyL,
Only thing I can suggest is to try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done."

These are not previously accepted gifts. The Request tab stays empty while the gifts stack up in the Facebook/Games/Activity page. The gifts DO go into my giftbox, but it takes about a minute just to accept 3 gifts. I much prefer the FT Requests method...
Hi BeckyL,
Please try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.
If your farm is open close it. Then reopen and check My Requests again.

If that doesn't fix it then please contact Support concerning this. To contact Support click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/settings2/support/

You will receive an automatic response email when you submit your ticket. That email will have your ticket number and a link for you to check the status of your ticket, so please do not delete that email. If you do not see the email then check your spam folder as sometimes those emails get classified as spam.

If you are having a problem getting responses from Support please read the information in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=644366

Tags
can't accept gifts, can't exchange, can't receive gifts, can't send gifts, exchange gifts, gift, gift box, gift errors, gifts, gifts not showing up, how many gifts, not able to receive gifts, receive gifts, receiving gifts, returning gifts, send gifts, sending gifts, shrinking window, stuck gifts, unable to receive gifts, window narrows