Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Aug 14 2012, 12:45 PM

I'm not sure if this is a FB issue or if you can help me. I've got a couple neighbors whose post show up on my FB home page, but their names don't show up in my FB chat box is there a way to fix this? It shows these neighbors as online in the neighbor box along the bottom. Also when you do a quest it says something about earning farm cash is this just a ruse to get us to buy all of the facilities?
Old Aug 14 2012, 01:14 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by danib78 View Post
I'm not sure if this is a FB issue or if you can help me. I've got a couple neighbors whose post show up on my FB home page, but their names don't show up in my FB chat box is there a way to fix this? It shows these neighbors as online in the neighbor box along the bottom. Also when you do a quest it says something about earning farm cash is this just a ruse to get us to buy all of the facilities?
If you mean the FB chat box that is at the bottom right, when it opens up it doesn't show all your friends, to find their name where the search is type in their name and it will show up. The neighbor box along the bottom I figure you are talking about inside Farm Town, the earning Farm Cash if the one you are talking about is at the top where it says Farm Cash Offers: Click here to hire some friends and earn upto 30 Farm Cash, that is not a ruse to purchase anything, Farm Town does not try to get anyone to purchase anything they do not want. That offer is for you to send a request to neighbors that haven't played for a while to get them to work on your farm so that they get some Farm Cash, I believe that you get some also if they work for you, but I am not sure on that one. There is two different ones that they can do, one is harvest something on your farm like 1 plot or 1 tree for I believe that is 1 FC and the second one is to work in 1 of your facilities. This is just a way to help people earn extra FC and to try to get people back to the game. If you would do it, just make sure that the default farm has at least 1 plot or tree to harvest and 1 facility to work.
Old Aug 20 2012, 03:54 PM
Account Not Linked

Send a message via ICQ to oldsheila
Question Quests

I am starting to find the Quests a nuisance,because most of the time you go through all the bother of loading them etc , then find out in the end you don;t have that facility. It is really all about you having to buy more . I have over 100 now . What use are they anyway , as they promised farm cash but I have never seen it. Mary
Old Aug 20 2012, 09:28 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsheila View Post
I am starting to find the Quests a nuisance,because most of the time you go through all the bother of loading them etc , then find out in the end you don;t have that facility. It is really all about you having to buy more . I have over 100 now . What use are they anyway , as they promised farm cash but I have never seen it. Mary
You can see all the facilities that is being used in the quest as soon as you open the quest, you click on the last step and it will show what facility it takes to make the item, or if it is a service facility it will show which service facility it loads in to (NOTE: the only way it won't show which service facility it goes into is if it can go into more than one service facility).
They never promised FC, it said the mayor might occasionally award FC or ingredients. They should never have put that on there cause it is going to cause a lot of complaints if/when it does start, people will complain they didn't get any but their neighbor did and they want theirs.
Old Aug 21 2012, 01:13 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitt1962 View Post
You can see all the facilities that is being used in the quest as soon as you open the quest, you click on the last step and it will show what facility it takes to make the item, or if it is a service facility it will show which service facility it loads in to (NOTE: the only way it won't show which service facility it goes into is if it can go into more than one service facility).
They never promised FC, it said the mayor might occasionally award FC or ingredients. They should never have put that on there cause it is going to cause a lot of complaints if/when it does start, people will complain they didn't get any but their neighbor did and they want theirs.
I stopped doing the stupid Quests because I found if I bought one facility for coins I would need to buy another for farm cash which I didn't have,I can't afford to pay real money to buy these either so I have to gain my farm cash the hard way of going up levels. The rewards were never forthcoming and I feel the whole Quest thing should be removed along with those stupid games.
Old Aug 21 2012, 01:20 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrymaid View Post
I stopped doing the stupid Quests because I found if I bought one facility for coins I would need to buy another for farm cash which I didn't have,I can't afford to pay real money to buy these either so I have to gain my farm cash the hard way of going up levels. The rewards were never forthcoming and I feel the whole Quest thing should be removed along with those stupid games.
The quests are optional, if you don't like them, then don't do them, there is nothing that says you have to do the quests, or even purchase anything to finish a quest. If you don't have the facilities to finish a quest then let it expire, been there done that, but I do them every now and then. I keep forgetting that I have a quest going, but I like them. As for the games, I don't play them but since they are optional also they don't bother me. It would be better if they moved the games to the extended tool box and the quest to the main tool bar.
Old Aug 21 2012, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitt1962 View Post
It would be better if they moved the games to the extended tool box and the quest to the main tool bar.
That is what I would like to see too.

Old Aug 21 2012, 06:49 AM

Some general feedback on the Quests

They are great.

Love them and the challenge to complete them. I feel that the added challenge in Farm Town is a fun thing to do. I have dedicated the first farm to the crops needed for them as there are also a lot of trees on my first farm so not much room for crops, however quite enough for those quests.

I thank you Slashkey for adding the quests to Farm Town, as they are great fun and challenge for me.
Old Aug 21 2012, 07:41 AM

[quote=merrymaid;5257806]I stopped doing the stupid Quests because I found if I bought one facility for coins I would need to buy another for farm cash which I didn't have,I can't afford to pay real money to buy these either so I have to gain my farm cash the hard way of going up levels. The rewards were never forthcoming and I feel the whole Quest thing should be removed along with those stupid games.[/QUOTE

I happen to like the quests. It's the first thing I do when I go to my farm in the morning. I get a lot of coins for hardly any work, and that's great! I have all the facilities because that's just how I like to play the game...my choice. I don't play the mini games, but just because I don't play them doesn't mean someone else can't enjoy them.
Old Aug 21 2012, 11:16 AM

I really like the quests too. I don't have all the facilities. However, I bought the coins ones if it meant I could finish a quest because the reward almost always paid for the facility. I think there was only one time that it didn't and that time I think it took me a long time to do the quest. If the last step is a farmcash facility I dont' have, I simply don't do the quest. It is disappointing because it means I don't have anything to work on that day, but no big deal. If there is a step that takes a farmcash facility, that is not the last step, I will before the deadline is up, go ahead and click on the lifeline, because sometimes it makes it so that I can complete the quest. I don't click on the lifeline right away if there are like 4 or 5 days to complete the quest cause I dont' want my lifelines to be tied up that long. Since it takes most of the time to do the quest this way, I don't make as many coins, but it is usually still enough to make it worth doing.