Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Apr 27 2010, 10:41 AM

I dislike the idea of a higher level player who you have hired to "harvest and plow" your farm refusing to plow after taking the job as posted. I was told they dont plow because they dont want to lower level player getting exp points for thier plowing! In the inverse why would I hire anyone to harvest and plow and expect only half the job be done? A fire button would be nice. I like to be able to offer the plow job to them after they harvested and had done a good job. I try to get along with everyone but some people "gramps lvl 80" just abuse the hiring process and need to be fired when manipulating that process in a selfserving non social manner.
"i a level 80 pts do e no good so i don't pkow so others can get the points abd advance"
This is a note he sent me when pressed about not plowing...
Old Apr 27 2010, 02:36 PM
Tycoon ( Level 33 )

Farmer Since: Oct 13 2009
Level:
Trophies: 13
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryLouW View Post
I would like the market place to have a few more options. If you go there looking for people to work, It would be nice if you could go in as invisible in that your avatar wouldn't show.

The reason for this is, I can't count how many times I have tried to hire someone only to get the "No Thanks" message. If the only avatars you saw there were ones who came looking for work, it would be so much nicer. You'd KNOW they were there to work and not to hire.

One problem I have is, when hiring, you cannot see the names of people because they are hidden behind someone. If they can create objects that didn't overlap, such as the river parts, they could surely make avatars that didn't overlap. One night, there was a very rude person who jumped from one person to the next so he/she would cover over the other person. Very annoying.

And one more thing that annoys me. Someone asks if you want to plow for them.. you attempt to reply to the popup, but in the meantime 2-3 other people have attempted to hire you too and you lose out on the job you really wanted. They overlay one another before you have a chance to respond.

I think that's all my gripes... for now!
I agree 100% with everything you said!!!!

Visit Deanna's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Apr 27 2010, 02:56 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitango1 View Post
I dislike the idea of a higher level player who you have hired to "harvest and plow" your farm refusing to plow after taking the job as posted.
There is not harvest and plow option when hiring. If you are stating in the mp that you are looking for someone to harvest and plow and a person say I would like to harvest and plow for you then doesn't want to plow because they don't want the xps I can understand your anger. If on the other hand you are hiring people to harvest and plan to give them the plowing after but have not said one word before hand then you have nothing to be upset about. I will accept harvesting jobs in the mp but at level 80 I do not need or want a plowing job so I will decline them when offered. That said I would never say "I would be happy to harvest and plow for you" If I know up front you want one person for both I will not accept your job offer.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Old Apr 27 2010, 04:00 PM

Default Overly pushy people

<rant>
I'm fairly easy going I think. I do any job I'm hired for. I don't make a lot of demands. I'm not really insistent on the trees. Eventually someone will harvest them and the ones I need for facilities I hoard anyway so I don't care if they're large or not. I'll pick them and use them when I need them. So when I hire my wants are really rather few. Harvest the fields and I'll hire you to plow. I usually will say so after the person starts harvesting unless they do something to annoy me. What annoys me? Bugging me to plow before the harvesting is done.

I don't usually give people a chance to actually ask because I will actually tell the person that they can plow if they want when they're done. But today I had someone come on my farm, harvest maybe 20 eggplant then ask about plowing. What were they going to plow? Between all the crops on the farm there was only 20 spaces to plow and that was the 20 crops the person harvested before they started bugging me about plowing. I don't think it's too much to ask for someone to not ask about plowing when they know **** well there won't be any plowing if the harvesting is not done. Sheesh!

</rant>
Old Apr 27 2010, 04:45 PM

I have a question on the hiring process. When you select a person to hire, the options on the popup menu are:

Hire to Harvest At Your Farm
Hire to Harvest Crops At Your Farm

What is the difference in these two? Why would you pick one option over the other?
Old Apr 27 2010, 05:04 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
I have a question on the hiring process. When you select a person to hire, the options on the popup menu are:

Hire to Harvest At Your Farm
Hire to Harvest Crops At Your Farm

What is the difference in these two? Why would you pick one option over the other?
Hire to harvest lets people harvest everything that is ready.
Hire to harvest crops let people harvest only crops, they can't harvest the trees.

Some people don't want their trees harvested which is why they have the two hiring options.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

Old Apr 27 2010, 05:20 PM

Thanks for the reply! Now it makes sense. I always use the second option and wondered why no one bothered my trees but often, I would be working for someone else and they would ask me to do the trees.

I appreciate the answer!!

Another question... most of the time, when I am hired to work for someone, another person is also working. When they start, especially when plowing, they go across the field diagonally rather than row at a time. Is there some advantage in doing it that way?

And... what is the best mouse or other device to use to increase your plowing speed? Mine is on the slow side and of course, I am totally run over by the speed demons.
Old Apr 27 2010, 05:29 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Thanks for the reply! Now it makes sense. I always use the second option and wondered why no one bothered my trees but often, I would be working for someone else and they would ask me to do the trees.

I appreciate the answer!!

Another question... most of the time, when I am hired to work for someone, another person is also working. When they start, especially when plowing, they go across the field diagonally rather than row at a time. Is there some advantage in doing it that way?

And... what is the best mouse or other device to use to increase your plowing speed? Mine is on the slow side and of course, I am totally run over by the speed demons.
What direction you harvest or plow in doesn't matter as long as you are going in straight rows or columns one way isn't any faster then the other. Now as for the mouse if you are using a lab top I would get a wireless mouse instead of using the built in mouse it will be faster, other then that I don't think the mouse makes much difference unless it is old and doesn't work right. Now for the speed demons well some people are just really fast and others well I can't say much on that but look at this thread it might explain some things. http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=210470

Visit Dolphin's Cove

Old Apr 27 2010, 05:40 PM

Thank you again!!! I guess I'll just have to learn to click faster!! I do have a wireless mouse for my laptop - maybe I need to feed it a better brand of cheese!

I appreciate the answers to some of my dumb questions! As a rule, there are others who have the same questions but are too shy to ask. Shyness has never been a habit of mine.
Old Apr 27 2010, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS0643 View Post
If you are stating in the mp that you are looking for someone to harvest and plow and a person say I would like to harvest and plow for you then doesn't want to plow because they don't want the xps I can understand your anger. .
I posted a message in chat when I entered the mp stating I was looking for a hireling to harvest and plow my farm. "gramps lvl 80" took the job and when we got to my farm i sent chat msg to "please harvest and plow all"...he responded "I am only havesting not plowing" when asked why... he sent the reply I had posted earlier. That is why this makes me so angry.... we dont have any choice but to let them rape your farm at that point....need a block or fire button. you figure the upper crust would like to help the lowewr class too...I mean this isnt a competion style game it is a social game as far as i know....