Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Feb 01 2011, 01:53 PM

wow where are you guys when i need to hire all i can find is plow only or harvest only i like to hire people that will do both saves me time so i dont have to keep going to the mp or do it myself.

linda creech

whiteville n.c.
Old Feb 01 2011, 05:36 PM

Hi again ya'll,

You folks can find me almost any day in the marketplace. I stand in the lower left corner of the screen and my nick is Scott (4x4 Plow & Harvest). Please hire me if you require assistance.

And yes they are NOT obligated to hire me to plow, but as my statement reflects, Bluemoon, common courtesy. People should have the common courtesy to let the worker plow as well as harvest. Coins and crops mean nothing to someone who is trying to level up as I am. I just achieved level 172. I was topped out for several months until farmtown started their updating and now the topmost level has surpassed me. More of a challenge? My fiance says it is an unending addiction. Unfortunately, these people who refuse to permit us to plow make the game no fun at all because of their selfishness

This is solely my opinion and you know what they say about those. Everyone has one and they all stink. But that's it.

Take care and thanks for the sympathetic concern ladies. I will see ya's on the game.

Best regards,

Scott Lawrence
Myrtle Beach, SC

Last edited by Scott Lawrence; Feb 01 2011 at 05:39 PM. Reason: grammar/punctuation
Old Feb 01 2011, 06:24 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Lawrence View Post
Hi again ya'll,

You folks can find me almost any day in the marketplace. I stand in the lower left corner of the screen and my nick is Scott (4x4 Plow & Harvest). Please hire me if you require assistance.

And yes they are NOT obligated to hire me to plow, but as my statement reflects, Bluemoon, common courtesy. People should have the common courtesy to let the worker plow as well as harvest. Coins and crops mean nothing to someone who is trying to level up as I am. I just achieved level 172. I was topped out for several months until farmtown started their updating and now the topmost level has surpassed me. More of a challenge? My fiance says it is an unending addiction. Unfortunately, these people who refuse to permit us to plow make the game no fun at all because of their selfishness

This is solely my opinion and you know what they say about those. Everyone has one and they all stink. But that's it.

Take care and thanks for the sympathetic concern ladies. I will see ya's on the game.

Best regards,

Scott Lawrence
Myrtle Beach, SC
I understand your feelings .. that why when hiring I say harvest only or harvest and plow..
You also have to realize too, some people hire to harvest and then see how good they are.. I had some shockers.. missed fields. very slow and not not connection.. they in the background talking to someone else etc. I had a few and refuse to hire for plowing not realizing that I waiting for them to finish.
Old Feb 01 2011, 07:02 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Lawrence View Post
Hi again ya'll,

Best regards,

Scott Lawrence
Myrtle Beach, SC
While I try to stay around to hire the harvesting and plowing if I have the time there are times that i only jump on to get the harvesting done and will worry about the plowing later.

Depending on how many of my 8 farms need to be harvested at the time and how long I am able to play at the time.

If I can do both well and good. If not, I wo what I can do and that is the best I can do.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Feb 03 2011, 12:18 AM

Level:
XP:

Have not read the WHOLE thread...74 pages is too long for my time frame...but I read the first 5 or 6, and the last few...and all I can see here is why I do all my own work. I cannot stand the begging and pleading and often rudeness in the market; and if you ignore all of them, there is no one left usually. I used to offer the 'whole enchalada'...all farms harvesting and plowing-all the money, and exp just for you...and had very few takers. Amazing, truly to me, because I LOVED those kinds of jobs. I got so tired of hiring people who worked for a few minutes and then were gone. I know that sometimes things happen, and you get booted or whatever...but after 2-3 trips to the market in one sitting...I realized that I could have had the whole thing done sooner than finding someone to hire over and over again. Once in awhile I hire out...but I would say, that around 70-80% are a disaster, but the other few are wonderful people!! There are hard workers out there...but they are hard to find, for me anyway.
Old Feb 06 2011, 01:54 AM

Default What's happened to manners

Often I will hire and all my harvests and trees are fertilised and I never get even a 'thanks'

I will go with the farmer to the farm and say hi thank you for helping 7/10 I'm met with silence.. They just ignore me and then on finishing will say Plow now?
I refuse to rehire ill mannered people .
How hard is it to to say thanks for the work.

I'm one who often has 3-4 farms ready at once, all fertilised and often good crops I tend to do the 12hr and less ones myself. So by not being polite they miss out ..Do others find this too??

LOL thanks for listening to my rant..
Old Feb 06 2011, 05:19 AM

I don't go to the sharkitplace anymore, I gave up months ago because of similar experiences. I do it all myself, it's easier. I also don't backchat myself
Old Feb 06 2011, 09:00 AM

I'm fortunate enough to have a best friend who is also my neighbour.... and we harvest and plow for each other. If she backchats me, I can backhand her ( and vice versa ).

Visit my farm!
The Rainbow Connection
Old Feb 06 2011, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simera View Post
Lately I've been going to the Market to check out all of this "fair/not fair" about the 4x4 tools. I don't advertise that I have the 4x4's, not in my name and not in any messages there.
I also ask for a solo job. I get work almost instantly when I'm there.

IF I get hired along with a 1x1-worker, or many (I can't believe that people hire a lot of workers, still!) I either work only half the farm, or I simply leave.
It has happened that there is another worker with 1x1 and I'm too late to realize it. Well, then I apologize deeply, as I don't want to take work from anyone without those tools. Most people understand that.
When I ask for solo work, I assume to be working alone on a farm. But as said, if I see someone else with 1x1, I pull out of there or work only half the farm.

Some people say that it is impossible to find someone willing to harvest/work at the Market. My impression is the oposite.

As I do not advertise my tools in any way when at the Market, I don't see anything unfair about the whole thing.

Regards
Simera
Well. . . that was up till now, I tell you all.
Because; I'm now totally fed up with being called "greedy, rude and (the latest one) "thick in my head", when hired at the Market along with one or several 1x1-workers.

I have no need of being greedy, as I'm a 185-level farmer, and I have a lot of coins, and a lot of crops in my storage!!
SO, from now on I will not play as polite and nice, as I have been.

Sorry, 1x1-people. But I'm done with accepting dirty words because I've bought the 4x4 tools. I'm very disappointed by that kind of behaviour from 1x1-farmers.
The 4x4-tools are legal tools (when bought with FC).

Regards
Simera
Old Feb 06 2011, 10:42 AM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Mags View Post
t would be good if they asked if you wanted to plow before hiring someone else...
I always check to see what level the harvester is. If they are level 185 (or current max) I thank them for working and go find someone of lower level to offer the XP to. Lot of newbies out there needing xp. I see no reason to give xp to someone that just wants to jump up 20 levels at the next update.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20