Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Jan 02 2011, 07:07 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarciMarcel View Post
how do I do it? have looked and looked .. thanks
You go to "what's pending" and click "produce faster" and then it posts it to your FB FT neighbors. You can't hire people from the market
Old Jan 02 2011, 07:12 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

okay .. thank you so very much .. haven't played in ages .. take care

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Jan 02 2011, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kee Bee View Post
I am getting frustrated not being able to fire a worker.
I just had someone take 20 minutes to harvest six rows of raspberries. But, I can't fire them. Why not?
I know this is a game, I've been playing since August 2009, but this is getting out of hand. I could have harvested, plowed and planted in the time it took him to harvest.
Give me a fire option.
you wanna fire someone b/c they are not fast enough? If you have been here as long as you say, you will know that there is NOT a fire option, nor is there expected to be one...Slow down a bit, no need to be in a rush, life passes us by quick enough as it is. Be greatful that you found someone who will harvest...many don't harvest or only want the bigger crops, or plowing etc etc, the fact that you got one at all is great.
it may not be the best, it may not be the prettiest, and it's certainly is not the most creative but it's mine and I like it. feel free to visit me but please leave complaints and begging at your own farm.
https://apps.slashkey.com/farmtown/?farm_id=904565178
Old Jan 02 2011, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don't feed the beggers View Post
you wanna fire someone b/c they are not fast enough? If you have been here as long as you say, you will know that there is NOT a fire option, nor is there expected to be one...Slow down a bit, no need to be in a rush, life passes us by quick enough as it is. Be greatful that you found someone who will harvest...many don't harvest or only want the bigger crops, or plowing etc etc, the fact that you got one at all is great.
Yes I have been here as long as I said I have been...why would I lie?

And I know there is no fire option, what I want is one. I think we should have that option when we have a worker who takes way too long to do a simple task.

I don't have a lot of time to devote to the game, usually 30 minutes in the morning and 30 minutes at night, so while I enjoy the game, time is important (I can't recall the last time I had the time to harvest or plow for another player.) When my life slows down enough so I have hours to spend on FT, a slow harvester or plower won't bother me.
Old Jan 02 2011, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kee Bee View Post
Yes I have been here as long as I said I have been...why would I lie?

And I know there is no fire option, what I want is one. I think we should have that option when we have a worker who takes way too long to do a simple task.

I don't have a lot of time to devote to the game, usually 30 minutes in the morning and 30 minutes at night, so while I enjoy the game, time is important (I can't recall the last time I had the time to harvest or plow for another player.) When my life slows down enough so I have hours to spend on FT, a slow harvester or plower won't bother me.
It would be a shame to fire a slow worker simply because they are slow. Sometimes it's the server and not the fault of the worker. And some workers have arthritis or some other condition that makes them slower than others.
When I have just a little time and am in a rush I just do it myself. It avoids any possible aggravation, and I don't hurt anybody's feelings unnecessarily (which is important to me).
Old Jan 04 2011, 09:28 AM

Lately I've been going to the Market to check out all of this "fair/not fair" about the 4x4 tools. I don't advertise that I have the 4x4's, not in my name and not in any messages there.
I also ask for a solo job. I get work almost instantly when I'm there.

IF I get hired along with a 1x1-worker, or many (I can't believe that people hire a lot of workers, still!) I either work only half the farm, or I simply leave.
It has happened that there is another worker with 1x1 and I'm too late to realize it. Well, then I apologize deeply, as I don't want to take work from anyone without those tools. Most people understand that.
When I ask for solo work, I assume to be working alone on a farm. But as said, if I see someone else with 1x1, I pull out of there or work only half the farm.

Some people say that it is impossible to find someone willing to harvest/work at the Market. My impression is the oposite.

As I do not advertise my tools in any way when at the Market, I don't see anything unfair about the whole thing.

Regards
Simera
Old Jan 04 2011, 05:43 PM

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camel Driver View Post
Since the new 4x4+ tools became available, 90% of my jobs working for others end up with me as a 1x1 working with a 4x4+. And yes, I purchase items from FT with real money too. I choose not to purchase them for real cash by increasing my farm cash. My situation is I get run over by the 4x4's. I know it is about politeness or not on their part, but why can't there be a setting in the game that both are not hired on the same farm? It is totally a waste of my time, other than a likely total of twenty plots before the job is cleaned up. I would have rejected those jobs, had I known someone else was going to be there to swipe the slate clean in 30 seconds.
Why can't these multiple tools have a setting within it so it will not work with 1x1 player.
I find myself spending less and less time enjoying the game.
People complain that they don't like farmers posting they want to work solo, but if I don't, I get run over. It is not about greed to wish solo work, it is about being able to play the game with other farmers instead of bouncing every 30 seconds back to the MP. I can't count how many other people are not happy this problem has cropped up.
Agreed. I choose not to buy a 4x4 because when we given a tiny trial I found it rather cumbersome for my own farms which don't always comply with the shapes, and I am perfectly happy with my 3x3. I recently went back to working the markets and was RUN OVER by a 4x4 more often than not, so gave up again Such a shame that they are allowed to ruin the game for other players.

We are told over and over again that the game can be played without farm cash - and yes, this is technically correct - but with the advent of the 4x4 the big bullies of the game have taken over with such rudeness and absolutely no consideration for those who choose not to have one

Old Jan 04 2011, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenJS22 View Post
Agreed. I choose not to buy a 4x4 because when we given a tiny trial I found it rather cumbersome for my own farms which don't always comply with the shapes, and I am perfectly happy with my 3x3. I recently went back to working the markets and was RUN OVER by a 4x4 more often than not, so gave up again Such a shame that they are allowed to ruin the game for other players.

We are told over and over again that the game can be played without farm cash - and yes, this is technically correct - but with the advent of the 4x4 the big bullies of the game have taken over with such rudeness and absolutely no consideration for those who choose not to have one
I hope you read my post above. You see *most* people with those 4x4's act as I do, in the Market, and when hired.

AND I never ask if others have those tools when I hire anyone, myself.
(AND yes, I only hire one person only, if I need a worker at my farms)

Regards
Simera
Old Jan 04 2011, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simera View Post
I hope you read my post above. You see *most* people with those 4x4's act as I do, in the Market, and when hired.

AND I never ask if others have those tools when I hire anyone, myself.
(AND yes, I only hire one person only, if I need a worker at my farms)

Regards
Simera
I did read your post Simera, and appreciate that you do the right thing, but believe me you are in the minority. I spent a couple of hours a few nights ago and was run down by 4x4s 8 out of 10 times, even to the point of some of them rolling right over the top of me as I worked. I'm a very fast one x one worker, but it is just impossible to complete with them, particularly if they are intent on wiping you right off the farm which seems to be the case with most of them.

Old Jan 04 2011, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenJS22 View Post
I did read your post Simera, and appreciate that you do the right thing, but believe me you are in the minority. I spent a couple of hours a few nights ago and was run down by 4x4s 8 out of 10 times, even to the point of some of them rolling right over the top of me as I worked. I'm a very fast one x one worker, but it is just impossible to complete with them, particularly if they are intent on wiping you right off the farm which seems to be the case with most of them.
I simply don't understand that kind of greed, really! Well, I guess it takes all kinds of people. . . right??

The 4x4 "adjust" to whatever your farm looks like, though.

Hope to meet you at the Market!

Regards
Simera