Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Nov 06 2010, 01:02 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraceyMush View Post
Have others noticed that most of the people in the marketplace are there to hire and not to work? lt's getting time consuming to find workers. l used to be mad that people don't send the 'no thank you ' message when l tried to hire them. Now though l think l know what the problem is. When a second hire request gets sent to the same person, the 2nd deletes the 1st.
l was finished selling my items today and wanted to respond to someone with a coffee harvest. l was pretty clear - l moved right next to her and put out a few messages that l would do her coffee harvest. l got request after request - no time to click 'no thank you' before the next replaced the previous.
l wonder if the devs can work it that a request will not leave the screen until it has been rejected.
I like that idea. I once told someone I'd be happy to harvest her raspberrys but before I could accept the job another one took it's place.
Old Nov 06 2010, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yopeep View Post

i keep getting this notification. each time i get it, it takes me to Farmtown Mike's farm. would like to know why i am getting this, especially since there is no work to be done on this farm.

why is the image not showing? this is what it says:

you have recently accepted an invitation to work on another farm and earn some farm cash. do you want to go to that farm now?

I have the same problem. I clicked on it thinking it was a friend or gift request. It was an invite from someone from yesterday after I had left the account. There is no work there now, that person isn't on and I am still getting the invite. I tried working in her facilities but I can't do that either, I end up with an avatar with a harvesting tool in her hands and a message saying I can only use that on my own farm. I'm not trying to harvest crops, just work in the dairy, lol.
Old Nov 19 2010, 06:30 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

can someone tell me how to hire a neighbor to harvest for me??

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Nov 19 2010, 11:36 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ladytexas View Post
can someone tell me how to hire a neighbor to harvest for me??
Contact the neighbor and have them come to your farm or go to their farm, click on their avatar and choose what you want them to do and on what farm.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Nov 19 2010, 09:59 PM

Having a lot of trouble hiring today, i have people plowing on one farm already, and every time i try to hire someone else to harvest, it flicks up the points i have gained and the cost of the plowing going on BEFORE sending a hire request, by which time the person is gone.
Old Nov 20 2010, 08:57 AM
Account Not Linked

Default Hiring at the MP

Since my recent purchase of the new 4x4 tools, which I love, thank you developers, my buddy's,and neighbors, love it also, has given me the time to go work out of the marketplace.

The problem I keep encountering is that no one seems to be hiring any more, on rare occasion on which a request to hire does happen, they want you to do, its for something I chose not to do. I spent a half an hr at the mp without 1 request for hire, and the place was packed with people, all looking for work. I would guess that maybe 10 people showed up looking for workers.

Seeing some of the other comments here I see others are having the opposite problem. Maybe its the time of day we are playing.

Maybe it would be possible for the list to appear, the reason your there, before being placed in marketplace, so that people are placed accordingly.
Old Dec 27 2010, 10:01 PM

This really may not be the place for my question but I cant find another thread response. I am pretty new here LVL 31 and still have very much to learn. How is it that a neighbour comes to my farm and works my crops without an invite. The only Invite I sent out was the challenge to non players in my contact list. And also how do I invite my neighbors when I want them to work my farm.
thank you for your time and attention to my questions
Old Dec 27 2010, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rampackfan View Post
This really may not be the place for my question but I cant find another thread response. I am pretty new here LVL 31 and still have very much to learn. How is it that a neighbour comes to my farm and works my crops without an invite. The only Invite I sent out was the challenge to non players in my contact list. And also how do I invite my neighbors when I want them to work my farm.
thank you for your time and attention to my questions
Hello, here is a link that will answer your questions http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=314866

Farming since March 12, 2009

“Love the life you live, live the life you love". ~Bob Marley

“A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself”. ~ Jim Morrison
Old Dec 29 2010, 05:23 PM

I posted this one earlier today, possibly in the wrong thread, (as it was "drowning" in players' messages about only half farms showing up, when checking in) I'm trying this thread instead;
"Now, let me get this completely right (I know, playing as long as I have, I should already know this.)

Ok, so when I have someone harvesting my crops and trees, I will have an increase in the amount of harvested goodies.
But when it's harvested by someone, and I use harvested goodies in the facilities, the amount of harvested goodies isn't increased??

Am I right here? In case I am,. . . there is no advantage of getting others to harvest things used in my facilities ??(other than they will earn coins and xp's)
Just want to have this clear, as I help several people to level up and earn coins.
I don't want to give them wrong information.

Thank you for any answers.

Regards
Simera "

Thanks again. Regards Simera
Old Dec 29 2010, 08:44 PM
Senior Moderator

You don't get an increase in harvested goodies. What you get is an increase in the sale price of those goodies. They are marked as (Large) in your storage. If you use them in a facility then they work exactly the same as the ones you harvest yourself.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.