Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Apr 24 2016, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom C View Post
Here in the USA it will cost 49.98 to get 305 farm cash. Problem is a lot of people don't have that kind of money to spend just to help other people out. I also know that it will not matter to those running the game. Think about it, we get 25 new levels every few months, tell me what factory or tool cost 25 fc. I know there are a couple that are cheap but they came out when the game first started having factories and most long time players like my self already have those ones. Another thing look at the co op quest you get 2 fc a week if you are lucky enough, that means it will take you a little over 4 months to get 35 fc. You do earn fc for regular quest also. So that would cut the 4 months down some. But even so you will not be able to keep up with the fc items coming out that you need to play the game.
i'd bet there would be WAY fewer people using fake accts if we got more FC for our $$, too...
Old Apr 24 2016, 01:12 AM

ever since the last update, and even more so since the 20th, i've noticed that the game takes longer for crops, trees, and flowers to clear when being harvested, even worse for the fishing... and the save time before moving on to the next farm has at least doubled if not more... i don't use an auto-clicker... i click fast enough that i don't need to... but i feel like my game is being throttled... what gives?

and yes, i've cleared cache, temp files, metadata, rebooted, updated, all of that stuff... this includes Chrome, Opera, Firefox AND IE browsers
Old Apr 24 2016, 06:41 AM
Account Not Linked

This is going to be an unpopular statement but if you want to enhance performance put a stop to layering and excessive stacking. I have some neighbors that layer and stack so much that if you do not hide everything while working facilities the game takes 3-4 minutes to load each farm or it crashes altogether. One of the reason I stayed with FT and quit the other farm game is FT offered some element of realism.
Old Apr 24 2016, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Tater View Post
This is going to be an unpopular statement but if you want to enhance performance put a stop to layering and excessive stacking. I have some neighbors that layer and stack so much that if you do not hide everything while working facilities the game takes 3-4 minutes to load each farm or it crashes altogether. One of the reason I stayed with FT and quit the other farm game is FT offered some element of realism.
I find that strange, as I have neighbours who layer and stack a lot, but in all honesty, I've never had a problem with slow loading or have to hide anything to work their farm, I guess it depends on the computer/laptop you use

I am not a forum Moderator, but happy to assist when I can

Toffee Farm

Old Apr 24 2016, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minxie63 View Post
i'd bet there would be WAY fewer people using fake accts if we got more FC for our $$, too...
and way fewer people would get a job if entitlements were increased
Old Apr 24 2016, 09:02 AM

Lightbulb I wish to add my opinion also

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneFace View Post
I respect the varied opinions of any player who takes the time to post and express that opinion.

Here is mine....

I spend a LOT of FC every month, and will continue to do so..... not to support a developer, but to enjoy the game my way.

I wish to add my opinion also. I have read several posts that seem to be disparaging of those of us that do spend real money for farm cash and imply that it gives us an "unfair" advantage.

My response is if all of us that choose to spend a little money each month to enjoy the game stopped that habit there would be no farm town left for those that choose not to spend money on the game.

Farming Since July 25, 2009 USER ID number 537090646
Old Apr 24 2016, 10:27 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santmyer View Post
My response is if all of us that choose to spend a little money each month to enjoy the game stopped that habit there would be no farm town left for those that choose not to spend money on the game.
True. Where your treasure is, your heart will be also. I once played a FB game I loved enough to invest money into it, but back then you could pay cash for cards at your local store and redeem them on the game. No need for credit cards, giving your personal information to FB, etc. FB put a stop to that, and that put a stop to all my FB spending. Then my beloved game closed and all I'd invested into it was gone forever.

Eventually, FarmTown will inevitably close, too. You put your heart, time, and money into the game now and enjoy it for the present, and that's all you're paying for -- like enjoying a dinner at a restaurant, as another player put it. But we all prioritize our time and our money, and those who love a game enough to pay money into it benefit those who don't love the game as much. That's how it is with every FB game.
Old Apr 24 2016, 10:32 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulcinea View Post
True. Where your treasure is, your heart will be also. I once played a FB game I loved enough to invest money into it, but back then you could pay cash for cards at your local store and redeem them on the game. No need for credit cards, giving your personal information to FB, etc. FB put a stop to that, and that put a stop to all my FB spending. Then my beloved game closed and all I'd invested into it was gone forever.

Eventually, FarmTown will inevitably close, too. You put your heart, time, and money into the game now and enjoy it for the present, and that's all you're paying for -- like enjoying a dinner at a restaurant, as another player put it. But we all prioritize our time and our money, and those who love a game enough to pay money into it benefit those who don't love the game as much. That's how it is with every FB game.
Hi DUlcinea,
You can still buy the Facebook cards in the local store and apply them to your Facebook account to spend on Farm Town.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Apr 24 2016, 07:02 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi DUlcinea,
You can still buy the Facebook cards in the local store and apply them to your Facebook account to spend on Farm Town.
I've never seen those.
Old Apr 24 2016, 07:05 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulcinea View Post
I've never seen those.
Hi Dulcinea,
I am not sure where you live, but I know we have them in the Wal Mart here in the U.S.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Closed Thread