Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old May 23 2023, 07:56 PM

Default New Release -- May 23rd, 2023

See Known Issues, More Information and Post Release Updates at the end of this post. Last update released on June 13th, 8:40PM.

Hi There,

We just released a new update with the following features and bug fixes: En Español AQUI

1. 25 New Levels: 13 new decorations in the Motion, Furniture, Farm Decor, Buildings and Other categories in the Store.

2. 60 x 60 farm expansions for Farms 12 through 22: Prices are 60 Farm Cash or 120 billion coins.

3. Log Truck w/ Chainsaw 44 x 44: Chop up to 1936 trees at once.

4. 5 Regular Crop Tools 24 x 24: Work up to 576 non-overlapped crop fields at once. Next month we will release 28 x 28 versions, skipping the 26 x 26, for the same price.

5. More options to send Neighbour or Buddy requests to other farmers:

a) When visiting a farm, send a neighbour or buddy request to the farm owner using the blue and green silhouette icons with a plus sign located in the visitor toolbox
b) When reading an offline message, send a nieghbour or buddy request to the message sender using the blue and green silhouette icons

If the farmer is already your neighbour or buddy, the correspondent icon will be disabled. Notice that the farmer does not have to be online when you send the request, they will see your request when they go back into the game, see point 6.3 below.

6. Buddy List screen replaced by a more general Farmer Lists screen: This screen now contain information about your Neighbours, your Buddies, your Facebook Friends and the Requests you receive from other farmers to add you as a Neighbour or Buddy. You can access this screen using the old icon in the left bottom corner of your toolbox.

6.1. The My Neighbours tab is very similar to the My Buddies screen we released last month:

- The green buddy icon allows you to convert that neighbour to a buddy, that farmer will be removed from your neighbours and added to your buddies
- Neighbours that are also buddies will have a green background, you can group them all at the top if you sort by Buddy
- When the neighbour is also your buddy, you can click the green buddy icon with the red minus sign to delete that neighbour from your buddies
- You can use the note icon to send an offline message, the green man to visit the farm and the dozer to remove the neighbour

6.2. The Facebook Friends tab shows all your Facebook firends that have played the game in the past year:

- All the Facebook friends that are also your neighbours will have a blue background
- All the Facebook friends that are also your buddies will have a green background
- You can sort by Buddy or Neighbour to see all your buddies or neighbours at the top
- You can sort by the 'Non Neighbour or Buddy' option to see first all your Facebook friends that are neither your neighbours or buddies
- The green buddy icon allows you to add that Facebook friend to your Farmtown buddies
- The blue neighbour icon allows you to add that Facebook friend to your Farmtown neighbours

6.3. The Neighbour Requests tab shows all the farmers that are asking you for permission to add you to their neighbours:

- Use the blue buttons to Accept or Reject their requests
- Use the blue and green silhouette icons to add that farmer as your neighbour or buddy
- There is an equivalent Buddy Requests tab that works the same way

7. Other Minor Improvements:

Bugfix: Missing avatar picture when opening an offline message
Bugfix: Mouse wheel scrolling in offline messages screen too slow
Bugfix: Removing a neighbour which is also a Super Neighbour sometimes allowed that Super Neighbour to continue working your farms
Bugfix: Manure spreader and Irrigator farm selector screen not highlighting in orange the current tab at the top

8. Other Improvements released in the past few weeks:

- Expanded Neighbours capacity by 33%. The Buddies capacity is now 3 times as much as before. You should be able to have about 500 neighbours and buddies combined.
- Hide duplicated facility posts from the same farmer in 'My Request' -> 'Facility Wall Requests' section
- Increased the maximum amount of posts shown in 'My Requests' -> 'Wall Requests' sections from 100 to 150

9. The new Facilities will be released next month since we are still very busy finishing the new website. We are currently working on sending and receiving gifts.

Enjoy!

--Raul

Post Release Updates - May 27th, 11:55PM

- Bugfix: Facebook Friends tab in the Farmer Lists screen showing 0 friends sometimes.

Post Release Updates - June 2nd, 1:50PM

- Bugfix: Farmers temporarily disappearing from your Buddies after sending them train boost requests.

Post Release Updates - June 3rd, 2:10PM

- Released old Fathers Day decorations.

Post Release Updates - June 5th, 2:00PM

- Bugfix: Some of the train boost requests sent from the new website were incorrectly shown as expired.

Post Release Updates - June 8th, 4:10PM

- 25 New Levels, 13 new decorations.

- 5 Regular Crop Tools 24 x 24 to work up to 576 non-overlapped crop fields at once.

Post Release Updates - June 8th, 7:30PM

- Bugfix: Shortcuts for the new 24 x 24 crop tools not working.

- Bugfix: When working facilities, sometimes the farm selector will not show the correct farm colors if the farm owner has the Farm Pass reward for non-workable facilities.

- When using the Start All / Load All buttons in the Facility Manager, there is a new line at the bottom in the popup showing when help from friends was last requested.

Post Release Updates - June 10th, 3:10AM

- Released 5 new Fathers Day decorations, 1 as gift, 1 at the top of the Fathers Day category at the store and 3 at the bottom.

Post Release Updates - June 11th, 3:15PM

- Bugfix: Broken link Account -> Farm Cash Activity Log -> View my purchase history inside all Facebook Apps

- Added picture, avatar name, real name and last activity to the Account -> Blocked Users tab

Post Release Updates - June 13th, 8:40PM

- Bugfix: Sometimes after removing yourself from another farmer neighbours or buddies you still remained her neighbour or buddy

- Bugfix: Sometimes Super Neighbours hired for design on a certain farm could not delete items on that farm

- After reporting or ignoring a farmer, you will not receive any more neighbour or buddy requests from that farmer

- If you have reported or ignored a farmer in the past, that farmer will show a new 'Unblock' icon if it's present in your Farmer Lists screen. Also, if you visit her farms, we will also show the 'Unblock' icon at the bottom left of the screen. The icon looks like a red circle with a green diagonal line inside.

- Completely removed the old 4 arrows directional icon from the game interface, replaced by the yellow hand tool

Known Issues:

- None.

Last edited by Raul; Jun 13 2023 at 08:41 PM.
Old May 23 2023, 07:59 PM
Senior Moderator

Thanks Raul and team!
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old May 23 2023, 08:10 PM

I am looking forward to seeing what is new! Thank you Raul.

Denise

https://apps.slashkey.com/farmtown/p..._id=1450953003

clear memcache http://l1.slashkey.com/facebook/farm...lear_memcached

I have as many neighbors and buddies as I am allowed

USER ID number is: 1450953003
Old May 23 2023, 08:47 PM

thanks Raul, looking forward to the details

Lara's Farm
Old May 23 2023, 09:00 PM

Cool new neighbors & buddies tools! Haven't looked beyond that. But very nice - I found some buddies who haven't played since 2010! I'll have more room for both neighbors and buddies soon.

Farmer Squeak

Farmer Susan has been happily farming since July 27, 2009.
  • Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • ♫ Oh Give Me a Home . . .
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Old May 23 2023, 09:05 PM
Account Not Linked

Also noticed the updated neighbor and buddy tools. My FB friends have all ceased playing the game or have moved up the celestial version. Likely be seeking new neighbors as well.
Old May 23 2023, 09:09 PM

Thanks a lot Raul and team!
Old May 23 2023, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister-T View Post
Also noticed the updated neighbor and buddy tools. My FB friends have all ceased playing the game or have moved up the celestial version. Likely be seeking new neighbors as well.
"Celestial version" - yes, unfortunately, I have some of those, too. One of them was on my Buddy List. I removed her from my neighbor's list when she died but I didn't know she was also a buddy. I visited her farm and was surprised to see that all of her beautiful farms had been redone for only crops, trees and flowers. No designer farms at all. That's why I had originally friended her - her farms were so beautiful that I enjoyed looking at them. I can for sure understand why people close to her might have decided to keep her farms, but not sure why they would go to the trouble to remove everything. Nothing was planted.

Anyway - I'm just rambling. I'm still not sure what the differences between neighbors and buddies will be. Maybe we'll learn that when Raul posts the rest of this update. But for SURE I have tons of room for buddies now and still a few spots left for neighbors if anyone wants to add me.

Farmer Squeak

Farmer Susan has been happily farming since July 27, 2009.
  • Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • ♫ Oh Give Me a Home . . .
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Old May 23 2023, 09:42 PM

Thumbs up thanks to all

hi

thanks to all for the new update
and also for working so hard to migrate the game into
the new website and this in such a short time

a big big thank you

tino
Old May 24 2023, 12:48 AM

Thanks, Raul & team. Great work! Love the web version.
Closed Thread