Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Mar 07 2023, 12:09 AM

Default New Release -- March 7th, 2023

See Known Issues, More Information and Post Release Updates at the end of this post. Last update released on March 29th, 9:40AM.

Hi There,

We just released a new update with the following features and bug fixes: En Español AQUI

1. WARNING! High Risk for Farmtown to be removed from Facebook:

As many of you know already, the latest Facebook requirements for Farmtown to continue to be available inside Facebook are now extremely demanding for our small team, therefore, there is a high chance that Farmtown will be disabled for a long time inside Facebook or even permanently.

The guaranteed way to play Farmtown in the future will be outside Facebook, using the farmtown.com website. It's not live yet, we estimate that the first version should be completed in a few weeks.

In order to keep all your current farms and game content in the farmtown.com website, please load the usual Farmtown game in Facebook and follow the instructions.

You will be asked to enter an email and password and those will be your credentials to login to the new farmtown.com website when it's ready.

Please write down your email and password in a secure place, so in case you forget them, you don't lose access to your farms when migrating to farmtown.com

Also, please help us spread the word and tell your friends that they need to come back to the game and provide us with their email and password credentials so they don't lose access to their farms if Facebook disable Farmtown permanently.

We will be sharing updates about the progress of the farmtown.com website in the coming weeks.

Moderators Note: Instructions for performing the registration ar in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showth...50#post6531050

2. 58 x 58 farm expansions for Farms 34 through 44: Prices are 60 Farm Cash or 100 billion coins.

3. Tree Shaker 44 x 44: Harvest up to 1936 trees at once.

4. Other Minor Improvements:

- The confirmation popup that opens when you delete Coin items now always contains the "Don't ask me again" checkbox, even for expensive items
- Removed a popup message for some users when placing water items in their farms
- Bugfix: Click on the small green help sign in the Facility Manager header not working

5. Prenatal Supplies Factory (FC) (postponed until next release): Produces Prenatal Supplies.

6. Iraqi Restaurant (Coins) (postponed until next release): Produces Iraqi Food.

7. Prenatal Care Center (FC) (postponed until next release): Provides Prenatal Services and can be stocked with products from the Prenatal Supplies Factory.

8. Taste of Iraq (Coins) (postponed until next release): Provides Iraq Cultural Exchange and Food Tasting Services and can be stocked with products from the Iraqi Restaurant.

Enjoy!

--Raul

Post Release Updates - March 7th, 9:45AM

- Bugfix: The Verify Login screen was considering lowercase and uppercase letters as different in the email address, this was causing that some users could not verify their login credentials today. Please reload the game and try again.

Also, we released another update so when the Verify Login screen is shown, if you reload the game at that time, the Verify Login will show up again, the only way to continue to your farms is to enter the correct credentials or by going to the registration screen again, at which point you can enter new credentials, or click the red button to cancel the registration, at your own risk.

Post Release Updates - March 9th, 12:50AM

- if you want an extra piece of mind in case you forget the credentials required to access your farms from the farmtown.com website, then after you verify those credentials in the game, we will offer you the option to share your Facebook Email Address with us. This may serve as an alternative method to regain access to your farms in farmtown.com.

Please treat this only as a back up method, the principal way to gain access to your farms from the farmtown.com website will be by registering with an Email and Password.

Post Release Updates - March 29th, 9:40AM

- We continue making progress on the farmtown.com website and the initial version is almost completed

- The release of the new facilities will be postponed until the next release estimated in 1-2 weeks

- Bugfix: Some players using passwords containing the % character were having issues verifying their login credentials for the new farmtown.com website. The issue has been corrected however those players would have to reload the game and re-start the registration process by entering their email and password once again.

- All players can now set any of their farms as a quest farm without the requirement of owning any animal tools

- Bugfix: Some of the smaller Dozers not been able to delete or highlight certain items

- Bugfix: Player information like name and pics not always showing up correctly in offline message screens

Known Issues:

- None.

Last edited by Raul; Mar 29 2023 at 09:28 AM.
Old Mar 07 2023, 12:12 AM
Senior Moderator

Thanks Raul and team!
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Mar 07 2023, 12:14 AM

Thankyou Raul and the team for keeping everything going.

How to manually link your Farm to the forum

Contact Support

Old Mar 07 2023, 01:18 AM

Thanks for the update Raul, and for all the hard work you and the team are putting into the move away from Facebook !
Old Mar 07 2023, 01:32 AM

hi

thanks for the update
and good luck for the new website,all going well
i appriciate it ,that ft become a standalone game

tino
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...345&farm_ix=43
Old Mar 07 2023, 04:01 AM

logged in this morning and the registration did not pop up again,,, are you counting today as day one or day two ,, as it says we have to do for 5 days in a row ??
Old Mar 07 2023, 04:25 AM

got message invalid email,, however the email is current, no typos, the account was already linked,,, went to register and when type in all the info on the 2nd pop up said invalid, refreshed to try again but nothing popped up,, what do I need to do??
Old Mar 07 2023, 06:11 AM

i have been trying to link my email to the game and when i click on it and it says refresh nothing happens
Old Mar 07 2023, 06:42 AM

will a move affect the FC we currently hold? Will it be a "use it or lose it" sort of thing?
it may not be the best, it may not be the prettiest, and it's certainly is not the most creative but it's mine and I like it. feel free to visit me but please leave complaints and begging at your own farm.
https://apps.slashkey.com/farmtown/?farm_id=904565178
Old Mar 07 2023, 07:15 AM

Hi, thanks for the update!

Question re the login/password: what happens if we miss 1 day we can't verify the login/password?