Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Oct 18 2022, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
Hi RoseArienh,

Although that is pretty much the instructions Facebook shows to everyone I'm afraid that it's not always the case. Some users won't find the app by searching for it or they don't have an Unblock option, which is why you will sometimes see us suggest other methods to try to unblock the game.
Thanks, Tiger, that's good to know. I do recommend coming here for the best help, but some people find the forum concept unattractive. Me, I love it here.
Old Oct 18 2022, 07:44 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punnybone View Post
Hi Tiger!

Because I blocked farmtown, clicking on the "play game" link at the top of the page takes me to a page that says This Page Isn't Available. And, since I have it blocked, it also doesn't show up in the search feature; there's no pig icon anywhere to be seen. Basically, until I manage to get it unblocked, my facebook account is going to act like FarmTown doesn't exist.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Jeff.
Hi Jefff,

Sorry for the delay in a response, we are fully aware that you blocked the game, we were looking for any more alternative methods to unblock.

We are also aware that sometimes the Facebook instructions to unblock and the alternative method we gave you don't always work for everyone. It seems that Facebook don't always show the exact same methods to unblock to every user on Facebook. That is all under Facebooks control. You could report to Facebook that their instructions aren't working for you and then check again in a few days and see if they start working.

Do you recall which method you used to block the game?

Could you have clicked on a Farm Town post in News Feed and blocked it that way?
If you are not seeing any Farm Town posts from friends in New Feed it might be worth seeing if you can check your New Feed Settings and click on Reconnect and see if Farm Town will show up there, it might not though.

Could you have blocked it from a mobile? If you blocked it using a mobile check if the unblock instructions on a mobile will work. If it does unblock there, log out of Facebook on your computer, do the usual updating browser and clearing if you have not done them recently, then log back in on the computer and see if you can then find and load the game.

If neither of those are possible, then it may be that you need to contact Facebook to et them know their own instructions aren't working for you and ten try again another time to see if they correct the problem.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Oct 18 2022, 08:08 AM

Hi, Tiger.

I'm not completely sure how I blocked it, I'm sure that when I did, I wasn't even aware that the way I did it wasn't the only way to do it. I know I did it from my PC, not my phone, and everything seemed very linear and intuitive when I did it. I've actually blocked and unblocked it several times, when it got too addictive, and when I wanted to try again, lol.

It's just that at some time when I had it blocked, facebook changed their layout and didn't update their unblock instructions to match it. That was, unfortunately, several months ago.

At the risk of sounding like a total dweeb, how do I check the settings of my newsfeed specifically? And how do I contact Facebook? I've scanned and searched a few of the pages I've used to attempt unblocking, and there often isn't anywhere to click to contact them.

Thanks again!
Old Oct 18 2022, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punnybone View Post
Hi, Tiger.

I'm not completely sure how I blocked it, I'm sure that when I did, I wasn't even aware that the way I did it wasn't the only way to do it. I know I did it from my PC, not my phone, and everything seemed very linear and intuitive when I did it. I've actually blocked and unblocked it several times, when it got too addictive, and when I wanted to try again, lol.

It's just that at some time when I had it blocked, facebook changed their layout and didn't update their unblock instructions to match it. That was, unfortunately, several months ago.

At the risk of sounding like a total dweeb, how do I check the settings of my newsfeed specifically? And how do I contact Facebook? I've scanned and searched a few of the pages I've used to attempt unblocking, and there often isn't anywhere to click to contact them.

Thanks again!
Hi Punnybone,

Well I can't help with your memory or whatever Facebook decides to change on their platform LOL. If when you were changed to the new layout, you think that you might have tried adding any kind of extension or app to your browser to either try and revert the FB look to the older version or hide things like FB ads, it may be worth disabling it to make sure that's not causing any problems.

You may have different methods to what I can see to check News Feed etc, so here's what I have:

To check News Feed settings for blocked posts/pages people etc:
Click on your mini profile icon top right of Facebook
Click on Settings & Privacy
Click on Feed
Click on Reconnect
In the search box at the top type in Farm Town and see if it shows you anything Farm Town related it. If it does click on the little black icon with a plus sign on it next to that item to add it back to News Feed. Then it's a waiting game for them to show up.

To see the instructions Facebook will be showing you to unblock a game try this:
Click on this link and it should take you to Facebooks Help Centre https://www.facebook.com/help/?ref=contextual
OR
Click on Help & Support
Click on Help Centre
In the search box type in Block or unblock an app or game on Facebook and it should show you that subject which you then click on to see the instructions.
When you see those instructions, if those are the ones you tried initially that didn't work, you should also see a popup that asks you Was this Helpful?
Click on NO and it lets you select the option The solution doesn't work
Then a box will open, it's limited to 500 characters, where you can type your response and then Submit it.

We can see you also like to reinstall the game and have done that quite a few times, so just a word of warning about that. Facebook can recycle your game ID when you do that, which means that in some cases you could lose your farms and have to start over. FB do not list any criteria for when or how often they might chose to do this, it is at their discretion. If this happens, there is no way to return them to you as would then have a new game ID and the old game ID can't be transferred back to you.

Clickable Help Links:

Old Oct 18 2022, 10:21 AM

My game isn't loading. I've cleared cache, history, the webgl is working. This has been happening the last 3 days. Eventually after 2-3 hours of trying and refreshing (wasting my precious time I get in. I can't attach the picture I took. Here is what it says: 2022-10-18 14:53:56.545 ERRORwasm streaming compile failed: TypeError: Could not download wasm module
2022-10-18 14:53:56.548 WARNWebAssembly streaming compilation failed! This can happen for example if "Content-Encoding" HTTP header is incorrectly enabled on the server for file https://cdn.slashkey.com/flash/farm/...ild399.wasm.gz, but the file is not pre-compressed on disk (or vice versa). Check the Network tab in browser Devtools to debug server header configuration.
2022-10-18 14:53:56.550 ERRORfalling back to ArrayBuffer instantiation
2022-10-18 15:09:40.678 LOGboth async and sync fetching of the wasm failed
2022-10-18 15:09:40.681 ERRORboth async and sync fetching of the wasm failed
2022-10-18 15:09:40.685 ERRORfailed to asynchronously prepare wasm: TypeError: WebAssembly.instantiate(): Argument 0 must be a buffer source or a WebAssembly.Module object. Then I get the An embedded page at l1.shashkey says BOX... Abort, USER ID number is: 1787291526 Build No: 399
Old Oct 18 2022, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgalore20 View Post
My game isn't loading. I've cleared cache, history, the webgl is working. This has been happening the last 3 days. Eventually after 2-3 hours of trying and refreshing (wasting my precious time I get in. I can't attach the picture I took. Here is what it says: 2022-10-18 14:53:56.545 ERRORwasm streaming compile failed: TypeError: Could not download wasm module
2022-10-18 14:53:56.548 WARNWebAssembly streaming compilation failed! This can happen for example if "Content-Encoding" HTTP header is incorrectly enabled on the server for file https://cdn.slashkey.com/flash/farm/...ild399.wasm.gz, but the file is not pre-compressed on disk (or vice versa). Check the Network tab in browser Devtools to debug server header configuration.
2022-10-18 14:53:56.550 ERRORfalling back to ArrayBuffer instantiation
2022-10-18 15:09:40.678 LOGboth async and sync fetching of the wasm failed
2022-10-18 15:09:40.681 ERRORboth async and sync fetching of the wasm failed
2022-10-18 15:09:40.685 ERRORfailed to asynchronously prepare wasm: TypeError: WebAssembly.instantiate(): Argument 0 must be a buffer source or a WebAssembly.Module object. Then I get the An embedded page at l1.shashkey says BOX... Abort, USER ID number is: 1787291526 Build No: 399
Hi bgalore

I saw that you have cleared your memcache.

Please be sure your browser is up to date. Also, check if you have any pending update for Windows or Mac in case you use it.

If you have another updated browser in your computer, please try it and see if you get the same problems.

I hid all Show...... options in your preferences, the wrech to help with loading the game.

If nothing works for you, then clear your browser cache but take in mind that after the clearing the game will load very slowly as all graphics have to be loaded again.
If you need instructions on how to clear your browser cache please visit:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=421890

You have more suggestions in the first post, first page of this thread.
Old Oct 19 2022, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
Hi Punnybone,

To check News Feed settings for blocked posts/pages people etc:
Click on Settings & Privacy
Click on Feed
Click on Reconnect
In the search box at the top type in Farm Town and see if it shows you anything Farm Town related it. If it does click on the little black icon with a plus sign on it next to that item to add it back to News Feed. Then it's a waiting game for them to show up.

To see the instructions Facebook will be showing you to unblock a game try this:
Click on this link and it should take you to Facebooks Help Centre https://www.facebook.com/help/?ref=contextual
OR
Click on Help & Support
Click on Help Centre
In the search box type in Block or unblock an app or game on Facebook and it should show you that subject which you then click on to see the instructions.
When you see those instructions, if those are the ones you tried initially that didn't work, you should also see a popup that asks you Was this Helpful?
Click on NO and it lets you select the option The solution doesn't work
Then a box will open, it's limited to 500 characters, where you can type your response and then Submit it.
I tried the newsfeed settings instructions, but it didn't show me anything Farmtown related. So, I moved onto the help center instructions.

Unfortunately, that's where they've changed things and not updated their instructions accordingly. I never got to see the list of blocked apps and games they told me I'd see if I followed their instructions, nor was there anywhere to click on unblock by "Farm Town". So I told them that in my response. No, Didn't work, and about 100 characters. Of course, it says right there that you're providing feedback and WON'T get a response, so I'm not sure where that leaves me. I suspect that, unless and until they finally decide to change their instructions to match the other changes they've made, I'm SOL.
Old Oct 19 2022, 06:46 AM
Account Not Linked

2022-10-19 11:41:27.393 ERRORAn abnormal situation has occurred: the PlayerLoop internal function has been called recursively. Please contact Customer Support with a sample project so that we can reproduce the problem and troubleshoot it.
2022-10-19 11:41:28.392 ERRORAn abnormal situation has occurred: the PlayerLoop internal function has been called recursively. Please contact Customer Support with a sample project so that we can reproduce the problem and troubleshoot it.
2022-10-19 11:41:29.392 ERRORAn abnormal situation has occurred: the PlayerLoop internal function has been called recursively. Please contact Customer Support with a sample project so that we can reproduce the problem and troubleshoot it.
2022-10-19 11:41:30.392 ERRORAn abnormal situation has occurred: the PlayerLoop internal function has been called recursively. Please contact Customer Support with a sample project so that we can reproduce the problem and troubleshoot it. NOT SURE WHAT THIS MEANS
Old Oct 19 2022, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodkay1@bigpond.com View Post
2022-10-19 11:41:27.393 ERRORAn abnormal situation has occurred: the PlayerLoop internal function has been called recursively. Please contact Customer Support with a sample project so that we can reproduce the problem and troubleshoot it.
2022-10-19 11:41:28.392 ERRORAn abnormal situation has occurred: the PlayerLoop internal function has been called recursively. Please contact Customer Support with a sample project so that we can reproduce the problem and troubleshoot it.
2022-10-19 11:41:29.392 ERRORAn abnormal situation has occurred: the PlayerLoop internal function has been called recursively. Please contact Customer Support with a sample project so that we can reproduce the problem and troubleshoot it.
2022-10-19 11:41:30.392 ERRORAn abnormal situation has occurred: the PlayerLoop internal function has been called recursively. Please contact Customer Support with a sample project so that we can reproduce the problem and troubleshoot it. NOT SURE WHAT THIS MEANS
Hi rodkay1,

What was it that you were doing when that error appeared?

Please check that your browser is still showing up to date, close it for a few minutes, reopen it, reload the game and see if the error returns.
If it does, please let us know what you were doing when it appears in the FT console and on which farm.

Clickable Help Links:

Old Oct 19 2022, 04:49 PM
Account Not Linked

Default Getting a black screen For Farmtown

When I click on the play button, my farms don't load. I can still send and receive gifts. Just can't get on my farms.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg farm town won't load.jpg (8.8 KB, 1 views)

Tags
cannot load game, farm not loading, farm town not loading, frequent crashes, game freezes, green screen, loading issues, saving data, u00, webgl, white screen, x025, x025 error