Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Dec 27 2009, 02:05 AM

Default Thank You Developers

I notice that few people give you kudos for all that you do for us.
Would just like to say that I like the newest version, actually, better than the one right before.
I am sure you know of the problems and are working to fix things -- you always do!!!!!!
Thanks again.
Hope you had a very Merry Christmas.
And that your New Year will hold less complaints from us and more kudos -- which you deserve.
Old Dec 27 2009, 03:09 AM
Awe Inspiring ( Level 30 )

Farmer Since: Oct 10 2009
Level:
Trophies: 9
XP:

i dont really know if its because of the latest dev't in farm town however, i cant see any characters in farmtown more likely i cant hire anyone in the market as well i can chat with them but cant really see any1.. it happened to my 2 accts. i hope you can try to check if its one of the things that might cause it. i hope you can try to check it.thanks and more power with the game. i love farmtown.

Visit casey's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Dec 27 2009, 04:00 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by khristen_ahn View Post
i dont really know if its because of the latest dev't in farm town however, i cant see any characters in farmtown more likely i cant hire anyone in the market as well i can chat with them but cant really see any1.. it happened to my 2 accts. i hope you can try to check if its one of the things that might cause it. i hope you can try to check it.thanks and more power with the game. i love farmtown.
When this has happened to me, I close browser and run a file cleanup program called Ccleaner . It removes a certain type of Flash cookie file that regular cache clearing does not.

(Mods): If I am not supposed to offer technical advice, I apologize. Please delete post if appropriate. But also please consider offering this suggestion for those who can't find a fix for the invisible issue.

Last edited by Double T Dude Ranch; Dec 27 2009 at 02:48 PM. Reason: removed external links
Old Dec 27 2009, 04:05 AM
Account Not Linked

this is so frustrating, getting hired and working and only to find "Already Done". i cant play this game until they fix it, and i hope its soon.
Old Dec 27 2009, 05:32 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Delinch

At times when i go to the market when someone is talking there name don't show up just what they said. I also have also went to the market and nobody was there cept myself, or i go there and only a few people are there but i see names when others are talking and i don't see them in the market.
I have also been hired like 8 jobs in a row all i got is the "already done" message over and over for every thing i plowed or harvested. Im getting jipped out of money and exp. It would be wonderful if when you got hired and plowed or harvested that the money ups and exp ups was loads faster, so others couldn't steal what you already done.
Another thing when i go to the market and then go back to my farm there have been others that follow, BUT... they always head for the same 2 spots in my farm, but yet the chat window slides away as if nobody is there. So i started calling them ghost people or phantom players. lol
And the popup guy that keeps wanting you to give gifts gets annoying at times lol

I haven't had any problems with planting seeds or harvesting on my own farm, cept for my trees are to close together making it harder to get the trees to highlight so i can harvest them, but i can fix that myself. When ever i get around to doing it. :P

Other then that i love the game. I play some other farming games but i like Farm Town best, but i hope the issues and problems get worked out and fixed for the better for everyone. I say "Great Work" so far. ^_^
Old Dec 27 2009, 05:42 AM

Count me in too! This is so frustrating with all the already dones. I have lost literally thousands in xp over the last few days. This was a fun game, now it's like staring at a dead animal. If it can't be fixed, then farmers need to limited in the number of hires to no more than 2, and even then, that probably won't help because there are so many begger/hogs.

And for those farmers that like to play Lord of the Flies with their hirees, it's really quite boring and while you may get a kick out of it, some of us, just come here for fun! And fun it's not these days.
Old Dec 27 2009, 06:00 AM

I agree im fed up of clicking the plots only to be told ALREADY DONE as someone has stolen them from me. Im fedup off working for nothing Please sort this out as its becomeing a nightmare & quite frankly im getting bored. Also why not limit on how many a farmer can employ as there is some very greedy people on FT.
Old Dec 27 2009, 06:42 AM
Account Not Linked

Default The size of the harvesting - seeding tools should not interfere with playing the game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizbet View Post
But how many options do we need? It's like asking a bartender to give you precisely three ice cubes, your girlfriend wants seven, your friends each want one and your other guests each one- six, depending.......... it doesn't have to be that complicated.
It is not complicated; a good solution has been found; people use ice buckets and pick as many ice cubes as they want to put in their drinks.

Donut shops do not find such approaches complicated; if they did there would be only one flavor. Not good for business if they cannot offer variety.

Quote:

So, just as you would prefer a smaller tool, it matters not all to me.
So we agree that it's just a matter of personal preference
Yes we agree that the size of the harvesting - seeding tools is a matter of personal preference; this preference is the result of what fits each person's viewing perceptions.

The flavor of the donuts a person buys has to fit that particular person's taste.

Quote:
and not essential to playing the game.
No, you are jumping to conclusions regarding what is essential or not.
We do not agree on this one,
because the size of the tools is essential to playing the game in "the proper way" without obstructions.
The size that results in obstruction or is perceived as "wrong" is not the same among individuals.

Would you say that the flavor of the donut (pie, you name it) does not matter in how much you enjoy it?

In a world where people jump to conclusions regarding what is essential or not, regarding the usefulness, utility, desirability, level of pleasure - satisfaction derived by the products or services, no-one would ever manufacture ergonomic chairs or adjustable drivers seats.

In such a world, all PC monitors would be the same size - or there would be limited size options; likewise for TV sets.

Not everyone is sensitive to these issues, that is why professional designers are employed by manufacturing firms.

You can find books on the subject if you care to pursue it further.
"Human factors in Design"

Old Dec 27 2009, 07:20 AM

Default seeded patches reverted to ploughed

2 hours ago I seeded 200approx patches with grapes, now I return to my farm and 90% have reverted to ploughed patches, the 10% are at 45% maturity. I did have a worker harvest some pepper patches and watched them do it, they did not go to the grapes.

I implore the developers to communicate with the players, out here are some very keen, experienced and knowledgeable people, some might (not might, I know) have a solution to this ongoing problem of synchronising workers and farmers status of the farmers farm.

I have screen shots
Old Dec 27 2009, 07:41 AM

hallo liebes farmtown team,
ich habe seit tagen massive probleme beim ernten und pflügen. entweder zählen die coin überhaupt nicht und ich arbeite völlig umsonst oder es dauert ewig bis alle coins auf meinem konto sind und ich kann nach ewiger warterei endlich die farm verlassen. nun ist meine frage... hab ich nur dieses problem oder auch die anderen farmer????
püber eine antort würde ich mich riesig freuen. lg Handdup
Closed Thread