Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Dec 29 2016, 12:02 PM

If a person gets lucky and their ships are getting back to them in less than 7 days, lets say 4 days. With the limitation of having to wait 'x' number of hours before another ship can be dispatched, wouldn't it be possible that our ships would end up spending more time in port that not?

I real world shipping operations, a ship in port isn't making money nor delivering goods. Just an observation.
Thanks
Old Dec 29 2016, 12:10 PM
Account Not Linked

In real life I do see ships anchored waiting for a berth at the port. Often miles away from the port and for a week sometimes.
Old Dec 29 2016, 12:16 PM

I would like to see a way to get messages from the forum into the game. Some people don't come to the forum to see the new things added and don't know how to do the ships.
A big thank you to the devs that respond so quickly! I don't know of any other games that do that and I really appreciate them!
Old Dec 29 2016, 12:17 PM

How do you skip a port
Old Dec 29 2016, 12:28 PM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kourty View Post
How do you skip a port
Hi kourty,

This feature of the ships as not been released yet. Keep an eye on the top post notes for all possible changes and updates as they will be posted there.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Dec 29 2016, 12:38 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to leighwj1960

Do the ships just go to our neighbors? I have a few active players that are not neighbors because I'm waiting for them to accept my neighbor request.
Old Dec 29 2016, 12:44 PM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leighwj1960 View Post
Do the ships just go to our neighbors? I have a few active players that are not neighbors because I'm waiting for them to accept my neighbor request.
Hi leighwj1960,

They go to your neighbours ports. This does not necessarily mean that they have you for a neighbour as well. You can have someone as a neighbour but them not have you as a neighbour. Either way they will still get a notification that your or anyone's ship is at their port.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Dec 29 2016, 01:05 PM

This has been popping up on my farm town neighbors feed. If you see it you might want to correct it as this is not true:

Farm Town Neighbours > The ships are going to have an itinerary of 30 neighbours that WE are going to be able to pick > That will become our Default Itinerary list .... I want to get the names of 30 neighbours .. Neighbours that will be doing the ships and are active every day .. Please ... I think we ALL should do this .... That way the ships will go quickly through their trips and we don't have to message / bug neighbours that are not doing the ships .. If you are willing to be on my list , Please post YOUR REAL NAME in Comments ...ADD ME AS A NIGHBOR.... FYI > I will be glad to be on anyone's list
Old Dec 29 2016, 01:44 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Dirt View Post
This has been popping up on my farm town neighbors feed. If you see it you might want to correct it as this is not true:

Farm Town Neighbours > The ships are going to have an itinerary of 30 neighbours that WE are going to be able to pick > That will become our Default Itinerary list .... I want to get the names of 30 neighbours .. Neighbours that will be doing the ships and are active every day .. Please ... I think we ALL should do this .... That way the ships will go quickly through their trips and we don't have to message / bug neighbours that are not doing the ships .. If you are willing to be on my list , Please post YOUR REAL NAME in Comments ...ADD ME AS A NIGHBOR.... FYI > I will be glad to be on anyone's list
Hi Dr Dirt,
Someone posted here that they were sending this out as FB post. That was right until the update Raul made last night. Only his friends can see it so you will have to correct it.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Dec 29 2016, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Dr Dirt,
Someone posted here that they were sending this out as FB post. That was right until the update Raul made last night. Only his friends can see it so you will have to correct it.
I had a neighbor just post that - I gave her the correct info but also said, YES! Please add me as a ships neighbor!

That part is still true - we're going to be able to choose some people, just not for several weeks. But even so, I think it makes sense to be gathering information on people who want to do ships.

Farmer Squeak

Farmer Susan has been happily farming since July 27, 2009.
  • Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • ♫ Oh Give Me a Home . . .
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Closed Thread