Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Dec 28 2016, 06:58 PM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTreeFarm View Post
Nope, link still doesn't work.
Hi,

I have corrected the link for Stoneface, please refresh the thread and try the link in their post again.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Dec 28 2016, 08:30 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:
Question Loading the ships benefit.

What the directions don't make clear for me is what do I get when I load somebody's ship? Am I supposed to be getting coins? Am I supposed to be getting product like when I manage to click on someone's train request? What's in the ships for me?
Old Dec 28 2016, 08:48 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy813 View Post
What the directions don't make clear for me is what do I get when I load somebody's ship? Am I supposed to be getting coins? Am I supposed to be getting product like when I manage to click on someone's train request? What's in the ships for me?
Hi Kathy,
Currently thereisn't any reward beyond knowing you have helped your neighbor, who in turn will help you if you send a ship out.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Dec 28 2016, 09:16 PM

If this is not the proper place to post, Please pass it on.

My blue ship has been to 13 ports, kind neighbors are scooting me alone. Usually when you go to check on the ship it shows the farmers icon on the top right, My ship now is not showing any photo, & it has posted at the top right the bar to Prepare Ship.. also telling me each container takes 60 minutes,, and the ship is in port. Hoping we are not at a stalling point here. Any information will be appreciated
Old Dec 28 2016, 09:22 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerbread rob ertson View Post
If this is not the proper place to post, Please pass it on.

My blue ship has been to 13 ports, kind neighbors are scooting me alone. Usually when you go to check on the ship it shows the farmers icon on the top right, My ship now is not showing any photo, & it has posted at the top right the bar to Prepare Ship.. also telling me each container takes 60 minutes,, and the ship is in port. Hoping we are not at a stalling point here. Any information will be appreciated
Hi gingerbread robertson,
Is there an unload button showing, maybe on the ships logbook tab? It could be that all the rest were quick to load and send on.
Please provide a link to your farm the ship is on. Going to your farm and copying the address does not work as that is a generic link that takes us to our own farms. The automatic linking does not work either so you will have to create one and paste it here in a reply. Please follow the instructions on how to do that are in the following link:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=579554
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Dec 28 2016, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyMare View Post
Hi beautysmom

Hopefully the Post Release update will avoid that problem in future

Post-Release Updates - December 26, 7:00AM

- We will work on these changes to address the complains in the Ship Feature:

a) You will be able to design your own itinerary, we will pick one for you and then you will be able to replace any neighbour by any other neighbour, including changing their orders. Once you are done, the final itinerary will be the default starting itinerary for your next ship.

b) If a ship has been stuck for more than 12 hours in the same port, you will be able to dispatch the ship to the next port. However, you will be able to do this up to 3 times only, depending on the amount of ports in the ships itinerary.

c) We will allow Ships from non-neighbours to show up in the Seaport Manager, which should solve the issue listed in the "Known Issues" section below.

- We will add soon another section in the Seaport Manager so you can see all your ships and their locations, and open the Ship Managers from that section without navigating to the ships farm.
Yes, I do read the forums most days when there is a new release, to see if they have gotten any of the bugs out. So your answer was more than a little condescending, don't you think? My point is, the devs clustered bunches of people on my ships who play infrequently but happened to have been on for a few minutes around the time that I released a ship. And they seriously, seriously need to do something about the fact that they keep selecting people who have not been either FT friends or FB neighbors in ages--in some cases years. I removed a friend and neighbor over 3 years ago, when she ceased playing, and she still shows up in every single "neighbors" list I have--gifts, trains, etc! When are they planning to fix THAT problem?
Old Dec 28 2016, 09:46 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautysmom View Post
Yes, I do read the forums most days when there is a new release, to see if they have gotten any of the bugs out. So your answer was more than a little condescending, don't you think? My point is, the devs clustered bunches of people on my ships who play infrequently but happened to have been on for a few minutes around the time that I released a ship. And they seriously, seriously need to do something about the fact that they keep selecting people who have not been either FT friends or FB neighbors in ages--in some cases years. I removed a friend and neighbor over 3 years ago, when she ceased playing, and she still shows up in every single "neighbors" list I have--gifts, trains, etc! When are they planning to fix THAT problem?
Hi Beautysmom,
Those lists are generated from your Facebook profile by a search done from Farm Town and not created or maintained by Farm Town. If Facebook does not update it then they stay on your lists and there is nothing Farm Town can do about that.
Even though you may have removed them, they may not have done so meaning you are still on their neighbor list. Someone has obviously at least opened their farms within time for them to be in the latest 30 of your neighbors to play Farm Town.
The developers are working on making changes to try to get better lists for the ports, so please be patient until they can come up with those changes.
Old Dec 28 2016, 10:11 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggiel29 View Post
I have just had to click 51 times to clear a neighbours ship! That is really excessive.
51 clicks is ridiculous. I have read elsewhere about having to click 100 times. I guess my neighbors aren't too interested in the ships, since I have only had one visit so far, but if one visits and I need to click 50 or 100 times, I will be really peeved. Come on guys, use some sense, if you want this thing to be a success. There is a line between challenging and absurd.
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Dec 28 2016, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean's Farm View Post
Not sure about these ships. I thought they were supposed to go to the players who are on a lot first. Mine is sitting at a port for 3 hours now!!!! The people who play a lot are down towards the bottom!!!
My first one is stuck in a port for 5.7 DAYS now ..... I gave up on that one. 3 hours is NOTHING. People do work, sleep, etc. If they went to work just as it landed, don't expect it to move on for 8 - 10 or 12 hours. A friend works 14 hour shifts .... and has to drive 45 minutes .... life happens!!
Old Dec 29 2016, 01:53 AM

Here we go friends and neighbors - Raul's latest note. Farmtown is THE best game anywhere, IMHO. You don't often find developers who pay attention to user feedback like Slashkey does. This is a pretty thoughtful compilation of our complaints - and good solutions, I think. I'm a happy camper - super excited to have the new changes implemented!

Quote:
Post-Release Updates - December 29, 2:00AM

- Here is an updated list of the changes to the Ships we are planning to release soon:

a) You will be able to skip any port at any time without waiting. Notice that skipping a port lower the rewards of every port after it, the rewards of any remaining port shifts to the right. For example, if the reward on port 28 is 1000 products, port 29 is 2000 products and port 30 is 3000 products, then if you skip port 28, the reward on port 28 (the one you skipped) will be 0, port 29 will be 1000 products and port 30 will be 2000 products. You basically gave up the chances of earning 3000 products (not 1000) by skipping port 28.

b) The number of clicks per container when loading the ships in your port will always be 1, so it will never require more than 10 clicks to fully load a ship. You will also earn 500 coins for every container you load.

c) When you start preparing the Ship, we will always select a tentative itinerary for you, which will be composed by the neighbours that have helped you in the past week, which you can see at the very bottom of the screen, the boxes with pictures that say "XYZ sent you a gift", etc. If that is not enough to complete the 30 neighbours needed for the itinerary, we will then complete the rest of the ports using the same method we are using now, based on the last date they have played.

d) During the preparation phase you will be able to replace up to a certain number of neighbours in your itinerary. The final number will be decided later on, but it will be at least 10.

The feature d) above will require a few days to complete, we estimate the first 3 should be release sometime this week.

Farmer Squeak

Farmer Susan has been happily farming since July 27, 2009.
  • Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • ♫ Oh Give Me a Home . . .
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Closed Thread