Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #111  
Old Apr 03 2011, 01:11 AM
JAS0643's Avatar
JAS0643 JAS0643 is offline
Account Not Linked
 
Join Date: Jul 10 2009
Location: Kentucky, USA
Posts: 2,007
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenJS22 View Post
There must be a happy medium somewhere between daily upgrades and waiting for weeks in hope of a new update. Even I, a loyal Farm Town player since almost the beginning, am beginning to wonder why I am going back each day at the moment and working my farms when there is nothing to strive for and everything to be done is 'same ol, same ol'
I agree with you on this and the developers really should look into it. Now what might work is adding tons of new levels to the game. I am sure there are some that would jump 200 levels or even 1000 levels if they added that many but there are a lot of people that would still have levels to go if they made the top level really high. IMO something else that people need to keep in mind is that while other games like FV have more frequent updates it is mostly decorations for a new thyme on the farm. It is not something that can be used to make money like the facilities. How often do the people that say well fv has updates all the time really buy all the new stuff when it comes out. First of all you may not like the new thyme, second it will be mostly for farm cash so unless you want to pay real money for it you are really out of luck. Third how often do people really want to redo their farms when a new thyme comes out. Fourth the stuff never stays around for very long so if they release a thyme you really like but are not at the level to buy it you will miss out on that item because it will be gone in a couple of weeks. Other then holiday decorations FT has never taken anything out of the store and to me that says a lot about this game.

So yes a happy medium could be reached but there will still be people complaining no matter what the developers do.
__________________



Visit Dolphin's Cove


My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old Apr 03 2011, 04:07 AM
Honeyrum Honeyrum is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 16 2010
Posts: 10
Default Coins fopr dollars

Will there be any chance in future of swapping Coins for dollars.. seems to me if one has all and possibly multiple facilities that coins are just going to multiply and grow with nothing to spend on...
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old Apr 03 2011, 04:45 AM
Tony D's Avatar
Tony D Tony D is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 21 2009
Location: True Blue Aussie
Posts: 10,808
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeyrum View Post
Will there be any chance in future of swapping Coins for dollars.. seems to me if one has all and possibly multiple facilities that coins are just going to multiply and grow with nothing to spend on...
Hi, I merged your post into the thread for discussions on Farm Cash.
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old Apr 03 2011, 10:04 AM
Texas Belle Texas Belle is offline
Getting Started ( Level 1 )
 
Join Date: Sep 19 2009
Posts: 763
Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenJS22 View Post
There must be a happy medium somewhere between daily upgrades and waiting for weeks in hope of a new update. Even I, a loyal Farm Town player since almost the beginning, am beginning to wonder why I am going back each day at the moment and working my farms when there is nothing to strive for and everything to be done is 'same ol, same ol'
I feel there same way Helen, but then I joined this other game that even has a little train that comes and goes with goods you buy from other people, lol
Just something to spend my idle time on while we patiently wait for something from Farm Town. I am beginning to get tired of planting onions, wheat and rice that are never enough to do anything but just fill one or two facilities. I have planted 2 farms each with these and I turn around and they are gone. I do not layer or crop so it is difficult to keep a supply of any of the goods except harvesting trees and whacking cedar and oak.. lol
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old Apr 03 2011, 03:19 PM
StoneFace StoneFace is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 12 2010
Posts: 2,112
Default

I feel the pain.... I spent 10 days just stocking, gifting etc and got ready for a big push on posting.... After 3 days I made over 300 million at each set of farms.... for what?

If they released 4 new farms for a total of 12 that would be awesome in itself, but I won't hold my breath on that one.

If I had real input on this game:

- I would issue levels to 250 with a standard number of exp points required.. ... probably 50,000 each level (it is SO much easier to attain points now than in the "old" days)
- I would add 4 farms at a swoop. The #9 would require about $1.5Billion, no $FC and it would mark an end of an era

- The #10 would introduce PharmTownPhase II and would require $2Billion and a minimum expenditure of $FC - like $500 or so, or a $3Billion++ purchase
- The #11 and 12 would have similar but higher/tougher requirements. Those who have tons of coin would be satisfied. Those who have spent a lot of $FC would be rewarded. Those who only want to play for free, would have to work for the coin.

This might satisfy the long time players with lots of points. It would give the lower levels something to really work for, and in the meantime they would be satisfied with 9 farms (except chronic complainers)

Then I would have a steady flow of new things to buy. 2 or 3 Facilities each month or so. Some speed stuff like Super Cheese Plant etc. These could be allocated so that some are available to all, and some available to higher levels.

As for the decorations and other stuff like seeds, trees, etc.... I would consider "retiring" some and upgrading others.

And I would definitely offer some alternative views - and SIZES - of a number of the buildings and facilities.

oh.... and some clothes for the avatar that can only be bought in the clothing store.
oh.... and some vehicles that can face all four ways.
oh.... and more salmon
oh.... and make some of the gift items 100 or 150 or even 200 at a time like bait


feel free to agree with me..... feel free to object and your crops might wither.


.
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old Apr 03 2011, 03:52 PM
JAS0643's Avatar
JAS0643 JAS0643 is offline
Account Not Linked
 
Join Date: Jul 10 2009
Location: Kentucky, USA
Posts: 2,007
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneFace View Post

- The #10 would introduce PharmTownPhase II and would require $2Billion and a minimum expenditure of $FC - like $500 or so, or a $3Billion++ purchase
- The #11 and 12 would have similar but higher/tougher requirements. Those who have tons of coin would be satisfied. Those who have spent a lot of $FC would be rewarded. Those who only want to play for free, would have to work for the coin.
That would kill the game if the developers did that. The developers can not slap people in the face like this and expect them to keep playing the game. That is exactly what those kind of requirements would do to players. The people that either spend money on farm cash or do the offers to get the farm cash already have an advantage in the game over those that do not. We can make coins so much easier then those that have no or very few cash facilities. You have to remember that the only people making 100 million + every time they load the facilities is the ones that have all the facilities. The people that only have the coin facilities are not making near that many coins. I personally think the price of the land needs to come down for that reason and to put level requirements on the new farms. That way people that are playing for free (and there is nothing wrong with that) will feel like they can get the new land at some point. If you do not have all the facilities, are not making tons of money and you will never have all the facilities because you can not buy the fc, then you are likely going to go forget this. I can never make 1 billion coins for a farm and it is not just one farm that cost 1 billion + it is 4, 5, or 6 farms. I will not play a game I can't advance in. I understand the developers giving people something to spend their coins on but you also have to keep in mind the newer players and the players that can not buy fc to get the new land or other things. If you do not cater to all players you will lose players and at some point not have enough players left to keep the game running.
__________________



Visit Dolphin's Cove


My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.

Last edited by Molly Mew; Apr 03 2011 at 07:50 PM. Reason: removed F word
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old Apr 03 2011, 04:51 PM
StoneFace StoneFace is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 12 2010
Posts: 2,112
Default

that is why I called it PHASE II

to still be part of the game, and also be something the not-for-free players can enjoy too.

But then we all know that if everything were free, and everything were easy, and everything appealed to everybody........ there would still be whiners.

As far as I know, only AIR is free... and some of that is tainted (yes, I have dogs)

Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old Apr 03 2011, 06:02 PM
JAS0643's Avatar
JAS0643 JAS0643 is offline
Account Not Linked
 
Join Date: Jul 10 2009
Location: Kentucky, USA
Posts: 2,007
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneFace View Post
that is why I called it PHASE II

to still be part of the game, and also be something the not-for-free players can enjoy too.

But then we all know that if everything were free, and everything were easy, and everything appealed to everybody........ there would still be whiners.

As far as I know, only AIR is free... and some of that is tainted (yes, I have dogs)

I still say the developers can not do that to players if they expect to keep the game going. Call it whatever you want it would still be a huge slap in the face of players that can not afford to buy farm cash. To say to people that in order for you to reach all phase of this game you must pay $100 + real dollars to us to continue playing the game is like saying we don't care about you at all. That would KILL THIS GAME we all love so much. There has to be a balance between the people that pay and the people that don't pay, the developers saying we only care about the people that pay and not the ones that don't pay is not right. In my opinion they are coming close to doing just that. I don't mind the fc facilities and tools I have all of them but not everyone does nor can they and that is a big reason why the game has gone from 17 million players to just over 2 million. While FV does have a lot of fc items none of them are needed to make the big coins. In farm town not only do we have fc facilities but a lot of the coin facilities require something from a fc facility without that item your coin facility is useless. That is something the developers need to take a long hard look at if they want to grow the game and continue it for years to come. There has to be a health balance for all players or you will have no players left.
__________________



Visit Dolphin's Cove


My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.

Last edited by Molly Mew; Apr 03 2011 at 07:53 PM. Reason: took out F word
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old Apr 03 2011, 06:45 PM
1fritz 1fritz is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 06 2009
Posts: 455
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS0643 View Post
I still say the developers can not do that to players if they expect to keep the game going. Call it whatever you want it would still be a huge slap in the face of players that can not afford to buy farm cash. To say to people that in order for you to reach all phase of this game you must pay $100 + real dollars to us to continue playing the game is like saying *** we don't care about you at all. That would KILL THIS GAME we all love so much. There has to be a balance between the people that pay and the people that don't pay, the developers saying we only care about the people that pay and not the ones that don't pay is not right. In my opinion they are coming close to doing just that. I don't mind the fc facilities and tools I have all of them but not everyone does nor can they and that is a big reason why the game has gone from 17 million players to just over 2 million. While FV does have a lot of fc items none of them are needed to make the big coins. In farm town not only do we have fc facilities but a lot of the coin facilities require something from a fc facility without that item your coin facility is useless. That is something the developers need to take a long hard look at if they want to grow the game and continue it for years to come. There has to be a health balance for all players or you will have no players left.
I agree with Jas...I love this game and have every facility FC and coin, (I have spent a fair amount of real dollars and will spend more) but I know folks who don't have the ability to buy Farmcash. I'm not sure what the answer is. It concerns me that as more and more players slip away that the game might end.

Last edited by Molly Mew; Apr 03 2011 at 07:54 PM. Reason: F word in quoted post
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old Apr 03 2011, 07:03 PM
HelenJS22's Avatar
HelenJS22 HelenJS22 is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 20 2009
Location: Queensland, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 1,679
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Belle View Post
I feel there same way Helen, but then I joined this other game that even has a little train that comes and goes with goods you buy from other people, lol
Just something to spend my idle time on while we patiently wait for something from Farm Town. I am beginning to get tired of planting onions, wheat and rice that are never enough to do anything but just fill one or two facilities. I have planted 2 farms each with these and I turn around and they are gone. I do not layer or crop so it is difficult to keep a supply of any of the goods except harvesting trees and whacking cedar and oak.. lol
Back I came again today - I've said before that this game is really an evil social experiment, but still I return to it. I bought 1000 rice from a neighbour this morning, went to top up my facilities, and poof !! my 1000 rice was gone. I totally agree with you on the fact that no matter how much of the basics we plant, or buy when we can from others ... it is never enough for the facilities that they keep bringing in with no upgrade for the associated crops Oh, and for the record, I don't have all the facilities and I don't use all of them, but the ratio of crops to facilities really needs to be adjusted. Think I'll have to go off and get back to some of my real work instead of farming
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:30 PM.