Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Aug 18 2010, 12:59 PM

Default Plowing

Before levels were added when we plowed if we hired a person twice it took away the red plow box which made it much easier and faster for plowing now it does not work. Please get rid of the red plow box it makes it so much easier.
Old Aug 18 2010, 02:31 PM

I agree. You can treat the hiring process as a "trial period" and if you get on great with the person, add them as friends & neighbours. I have made some wonderful friends on here who just so happen to play all the same games as I do.
Old Aug 18 2010, 02:45 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by spevak@mho.com View Post
Before levels were added when we plowed if we hired a person twice it took away the red plow box which made it much easier and faster for plowing now it does not work. Please get rid of the red plow box it makes it so much easier.
To me the box not being makes it harder to plow so I hope they don't get rid of the plow box. Not everyone hated it.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Old Aug 18 2010, 03:02 PM

I have the same issues with hiring as most of you! I find it ends up taking longer to hire others who will actually DO the work than it does to do it for myself. Now that I can afford to do it that way, that is .

Seems the game is a microcosm of real society...too many people don't really want to work, or the job isn't good enough, only want solo, pineapples, etc.

The biggest problem is with fishing which almost nobody wants to do! I have lots of water features that can provide a good income, but one person sent me a message, after dumping the job he had accepted, & told me he would see me when I had tuna...not likely, lol.

So, if anyone wants to fish regularly send me a message.
I'm going on vacation, but will respond after returning.

Thanks & good luck with the hiring.
Old Aug 18 2010, 03:15 PM
Account Not Linked

I get a message that I should visit my neighbor who has been hit by a tornado and their farm needs to be cleaned up. Or they are away and the wind has blown in leaves to be raked. OK. I get a few coin for it. No big deal. I'd rather get coin for harvesting their crops. Most of my neighbors are seldom online when I am. I do interact with them and help them out... if I'm not busy...and they are the same. but if that little fellow came in and said that nabor Jim's cotton is about to go to waste. Will you help him harvest....and of course nabor Jim has already approved neighborly help, his crops don't waste, I get coin, and we could 'add' the option to plow after harvest.
As to those people who prefer to work solo....I don't have a problem with that. I've worked on small farms with three and four people who don't pay attention and get right on top of you. And there's a whole field somewhere else to be harvested. But they want my field. shrug. A lot of people object to this. If the reason for more than one or two or even three workers is because no one repleid...and I've hired more than one person for that reason...then this is the issue that FT needs to address.
Also, Sally ask for harvesters for her pineapples. She sends me a hire request and just as I move my mouse to click on it someone is asking me to fish for them. I don't fish in real life, why would I think it's fun in FT? FT Devs...please move the hire request so they don't stack on top of each other, or at least allow us to weed through them and get the original one we wanted.
Old Aug 18 2010, 03:20 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChaz View Post
Standing behind the tent where no one can click on you, is your best option for trying to hire someone without being spammed with hires into oblivion lol. It works for me just fine.
You'd think that would work, but I've put myself behind the tent, and moved me waaaay up to the top of the screen (most people don't show the whole screen I don't think). I've even been hidden behind people who've moved in on top of me...and had someone send me a hire request.

If, on entering the market, there was a selection for 1) Selling Produce,
2) Looking for work, or 3) Hiring, and the avatar's name could be colored Red, Yellow, and Green, we might find things are a little easier.

For myself, this is the biggest issue I have with FT...well, there's one other, but I'm saving that one for another discussion.
WooHoo!! FT rocks.
JMO
Old Aug 18 2010, 04:40 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Please get rid of that red box when plowing, it's very annoying and slows everything down. I always like to be hired twice and so do all the people who work for me.

If some people like it then make it so that 2 hires removes the box but if you want the box you need only be hired once.

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Aug 18 2010, 04:42 PM

The red box has been around since this game started. I'm so use to using it, that when someone double hired me, it took me a while to get use to not having it, and I found how to get it back easy.
Those of you who are whinning aobut it, really should have been playing from long ago.
Old Aug 18 2010, 05:36 PM

Default Plowing

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoghappy View Post
I have another problem that I noticed since the upgrade The red/block for plowing does not disappear anymore with a double hiring. The harvest tool is harder to harvest now than it used to be.
What has happened to these 2 tools since they were fine before the upgrade. Both of them are frustrating to use now and soooo slowwww.
What happened, can you fix this back the way it was? Before this upgrade, the red / green blocks for plowing used to disappear with a second hire, making much easier to plow. We would like that feature (glitch?) back please! THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING!

TY

Farming in the beautiful Great Smoky Mtns of N.C.,
FT member since May 6, 2009
Piccolo Pete
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...2041&farm_ix=0
Old Aug 18 2010, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piccpete View Post
What happened, can you fix this back the way it was? Before this upgrade, the red / green blocks for plowing used to disappear with a second hire, making much easier to plow. We would like that feature (glitch?) back please! THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING!

TY
please put it back it was so much easier love the fertilizer x