Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback

Old Aug 05 2011, 06:49 AM

I love fishing and have the big boat which makes it much easier. However the fish do sometimes get stuck, and then a change of farm or a rehire is necessary. Tip. when hiring to fish hire for two farms even if only one has fish on it. Then the angler can unstick the fish by going away and coming back. I also wish there were XPs for fish! )

Paradies Villa Hügel the forest Scarlet's Haven Scarlet's Market Garden Scarlet's Park
Scarlet's Seaside Orchard plus a couple of money makers...
Old Aug 05 2011, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamFluet View Post
I mean SRSLY.

I ask if anyone wants to fish, then a few will say yes, but as soon as they get to the first farm, they disappear!
Do you have a farm made up of about a million river pieces ... and absolutely no sea coasts or lakes? I always fish if that's what I'm hired to do, and I have a green boat, but I absolutely hate it when I arrive and find a million river pieces ... often no bait ... and no extra crabs or salmon for me either I was on a farm the other day when someone else arrived, and immediately called the farmer who hired him an idiot for thinking that he would be bothered with the fishing on offer with no bait ... and promptly left.

Old Aug 05 2011, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanaleanna View Post
I think if people received XP's for fishing, it might be more interesting. I find fishing incredibly boring.

I agree with this 100% , and have been thinking about this for a while
I do fish for others and enjoy it. As it pays as well as some crops and I can usually do it alone without being trampled by someone with tools.

If they allowed us to by the multi tools with coins we could maybe have more people help as it would go faster with the boats as some people find it too long and tedious a job to get done. They won't even fish their own waters
Old Aug 05 2011, 11:11 AM

Quote:
They won't even fish their own waters
I don't. Fishing without tools is more like slots or gambling than the rest of the gameplay. I only fish my own waters when someone doesn't finish it. However I always keep lots of bait on hand.

It's all the idle clicks that you have without the tools that just make it annoying. When you are plowing, harvesting, facility-ing, etc. you are GUARANTEED a kickback. This game really isn't geared for gamblers like a lot of those "other" social games (thank God above), it's much more geared for managers and decorators...so naturally you will find fewer interested in fishing without tools. I'm not complaining about fishing in general...hey, if you like to fish, knock yourself out.

I don't have any tools except the coin tools and manure spreaders, though I am seriously considering getting the boats above any other tools now because it'd be nice to have very little competition!!

Visit my main farms,The Farms at ShortBerry!
Also check out Coal Patch Woods, my mom's farms, of which I am general manager. (It features farming on a budget...NO purchased Farm Cash with this farm!)
Old Aug 05 2011, 04:09 PM

I don't have any tools except the coin tools and manure spreaders, though I am seriously considering getting the boats above any other tools now because it'd be nice to have very little competition!!

I agree with you there. That and the chainsaw will be the tools I'll try for next time
I tried to get the others with cash but they didnt stick around. So maybe I'm supposed to get the others, lol
Beat the crowds is what I say.
Old Aug 06 2011, 06:55 AM

Default I really wish

that if someone is going to hire you to work on more than 1 farm that they use the multiple hire and select the farms they want you to work on.

that way if the person hiring has 5 or 6 farms that need doing the hiree doesnt have to wait to see if there are other farms they can see which ones are highlighted and when finished work on one farm go to the next
Old Aug 06 2011, 01:31 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charo View Post
hear, hear. I deliberately do not hire anyone that has a specific list of what they will plow, or that they work alone. I will hire someone else out of spite if I do it by accident.

The begging is terrible. I saw a girl say "this is why I play FarmVille" in the market - the process of hiring, the begging, etc. is not very fun.
Just a note that may be of interest.... Many of my friend's computers are not as new and slow down so much that they cannot get any work done when there are other workers. I had that problem myself before I got my laptop, and still have a problem when ten or more people are hired for one farm Happy farming!
Old Aug 06 2011, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet View Post
I love fishing and have the big boat which makes it much easier. However the fish do sometimes get stuck, and then a change of farm or a rehire is necessary. Tip. when hiring to fish hire for two farms even if only one has fish on it. Then the angler can unstick the fish by going away and coming back. I also wish there were XPs for fish! )
Just reload the farm and you can finish the fishing. I love that you can do this and keep the hire now.
Old Aug 08 2011, 01:41 PM

my idea relates to the possibility of designating crops, flowers, or trees that your neighbors or buddies can harvest whenever they happen to come to your farm. It would be nice to toggle the ok to harvest for each item independently, which comes to mind that it would be nice to hire for harvesting trees or flowers separate from crops. It's more a truth in advertising too, since many folks immediately leave if there are no crops but tons of trees or flowers to harvest. So, also thought if neighbors or buddies could harvest when they are there, it might save some crops from going bad if we don't get back to FT in time to specifically hire. Well that's my thought for the day. Oh yes, and if we are hired for tasks. and accidentally get bumped off but happen to be able to get right back to the farm it would be nice if the hiring authorities still applied. Happened to me today, but the person who hired me probably signed off expecting all jobs would be completed when she returned and now that won't be true. I got right back because of a communication we had exchanged, but was no longer able to work. so that's two thoughts for the day. LOL! Love the game, and enjoy meeting new folks. Deyo
Old Aug 10 2011, 03:05 AM

To say "Thank you" in chat or a posted message lets me know that when I've hired someone to fish multiple farms, I know they've finished the job. It's embarrassing when they dissapear after what I think is thefirst and only farm they fished and hire someone else to finish the fishing, I find out it's zero fish because they fished , left, and didn't say anything. I think it's especially important with fishing cuz you can't tell. And if I have to keep double checking and rehiring...well I could do it faste myself and I don't have tools!