Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Apr 18 2014, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by illusions_fan1 View Post
I usually tell people what I have to offer them and warn them of the fact my crops are 3xLayered, actually they're "offset" but to me this is more layered than "stacked" offset just wouldn't make sense to newbies I think and I rectify this by saying H/P (you can't really h/p 3 stacks lol) and let them know if they're fishing they have my turbo at their use.

Tonight I just asked for someone to h/p 3xLayered farms and trees for me and "comforted" the person by saying I have all the largest tools available and this girl put her hand up for the job and I don't know if she ran out of fuel or what... but after getting a nice little chunk of the chopable trees done she's going one by one... to make things worse she's gone OFFLINE to do the work so she's invisible to me... I can't even offer to rehire her and let her use my fuel [I don't choose it automatically because if people have fuel they can use theirs first before mine!] Not only that but if you're "offline" and run out of fuel why not ask the person if they can rehire you with fuel or perhaps get in help... argh! So now I have to wonder at 12.33am if she will actually go and FINISH all 4 farms [one is a tree farm and the other 3 are 3xLayered crop farms] even though it would almost drive her crazy or risk getting someone in to railroad her. Which I know sucks! However I know well enough to know that people that are faced with my farms with their 1x1 tools cause they've run out NEVER finish! I also know that if it was me I'd most likely be like yeah right I'm out... but at least *I* always send the person a message saying I'm sorry this job is too much or it's extremely late etc can you get me help or get someone to finish up.

I mostly needed to vent in this case lol!... if you go offline and you run into trouble PLEASEEEE send the farm owner a message we CANNOT contact you (unless for some strange reason you actually sent an inbox earlier)
I've had that happen. I ask if anyone wants to chop a lot of trees. I make it clear that it's a big job, 20x20 farm with lots of trees. not layered just alot of trees. People come forward and I choose someone and they chop three or four trees then leave me a message saying sorry too much. I feel like saying why did you accept the job then? Don't tell me you didn't know what you were getting into. I made it clear that it was a big job with a lot of trees. I think more people would be willing to chop/harvest trees, flowers and fish if we got XP's for it. As it is now there is no real incentive to do it.

I just had someone hire me to do 3 farms. I wasn't halfway through the first farm and he tried to hire me to do the rest of his farms. At least let me finish before you hire me to do more or better yet when you hire someone hire them for all of the farms at once.
Old Apr 25 2014, 04:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccheney View Post
I've had that happen. I ask if anyone wants to chop a lot of trees. I make it clear that it's a big job, 20x20 farm with lots of trees. not layered just alot of trees. People come forward and I choose someone and they chop three or four trees then leave me a message saying sorry too much. I feel like saying why did you accept the job then? Don't tell me you didn't know what you were getting into. I made it clear that it was a big job with a lot of trees. I think more people would be willing to chop/harvest trees, flowers and fish if we got XP's for it. As it is now there is no real incentive to do it.

I just had someone hire me to do 3 farms. I wasn't halfway through the first farm and he tried to hire me to do the rest of his farms. At least let me finish before you hire me to do more or better yet when you hire someone hire them for all of the farms at once.
HAHAHA! Yes I've had this happen too! I actually had one girl decide I was only good enough to plow and do trees/flowers/fish ... most NORMAL people would just go through their farms and harvest it all then find someone to plow/trees/flowers/fish... nope not this girl I actually had to wait for her to harvest in front of me basically before I could plow... I had never felt more like sending a mean message in my life (or just quitting on her even...)
Old Apr 25 2014, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccheney View Post
Here is another reason the status message doesn't work. There are people in the marketplace who are saying "hire me" "hire me" but their status is pink which means you can't hire them. If you try you get a message saying this person doesn't want to be hired or something like that. You tell them to change their status color because they can't be hired when they are in pink but they ignore you and go on with "hire me"
Unfortunately the developers are not able to teach people to read. A lot of the comments here relate to just that problem. A lot of people respond to just any hire request when they do not want what has been offered or click the wrong status update. I cannot remember the last time I hired from the market because I have 3 or 4 friends with whom I exchange jobs so that we can all avoid the market. (Of course that is part of the reason the bonuses have been offered in the market - to get people more willing to do everything!)

Friends don't let friends boot from hard drives! A real friend would recommend an SSD. Or better yet NVME.
Old Apr 25 2014, 04:56 PM

Was hired to do several farms today. When they hire for flowers, along with other things, and some of the farms don't have flowers I get a message when I try to collect the bonus saying there are flowers left. I click the green man to look at everything and there are no flowers on the farm. I am forced to leave the farm and miss the bonus. This has happened to me on more than one farm.
Old Apr 25 2014, 05:57 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Dirt View Post
Was hired to do several farms today. When they hire for flowers, along with other things, and some of the farms don't have flowers I get a message when I try to collect the bonus saying there are flowers left. I click the green man to look at everything and there are no flowers on the farm. I am forced to leave the farm and miss the bonus. This has happened to me on more than one farm.
Try turning everything off except flowers, set the dim out to hidden, click the save and refresh that farm. Then when you come back pick up the sickle (single harvest tool). They may have a flower or two hidden.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Apr 25 2014, 06:11 PM

Thanks for the help but stupid me had the flowers turned off. Can't believe I did that! Tried to get back and delete the post but was to late.
Old Apr 25 2014, 06:17 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Dirt View Post
Thanks for the help but stupid me had the flowers turned off. Can't believe I did that! Tried to get back and delete the post but was to late.
Oops...
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Apr 26 2014, 10:59 PM

Why is it that people can hire you to work when there is no work to be done? I was just hired to do all jobs harvesting plowing fishing flowers and trees on two farms and there wasn't so much as a crop,tree or flower to harvest a tree to chop or a fish to catch on either farm.There was no one else there but me and yes I had everything turned on. I could see the trees flowers and water. It should be that you have to have work to be done before you can hire someone.
Old May 01 2014, 10:41 PM

Default Employees using fuel and tools

When I let an employee use my fuel or tools, do I have to stay on the farm they are working?
Old May 01 2014, 11:05 PM

no you dont