Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Mar 07 2014, 05:43 PM

Oh, and I'd make asking for some better, quicker way to get the fertilizer needed as a suggestion if it would let me post a new thread on that forum, which it says I'm not authorized to do.
Old Mar 07 2014, 05:46 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annette55 View Post
Oh, and I'd make asking for some better, quicker way to get the fertilizer needed as a suggestion if it would let me post a new thread on that forum, which it says I'm not authorized to do.
You can't start a new thread there because we try to keep that section to one page. You can reply to an existing thread that fits your suggestion though.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Mar 07 2014, 08:00 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
So, since I currently have 17 farms I'm going to have to have that many pigs and more---*sigh*----and that is that huh? Looks like unfertilized is going to be the norm for a while then. Thanks for the input!
I suggest that you can plant the crops that take longer to grow and not worry about them until just before ready to harvest, like 3 day crops are ready in 60 FT hours (2 days 12 hours real time) so you don't need to fertilize these crops for up to 2 days 9 or so hours real time. So that would give you at least 4 harvests if you could harvest your pigs every 12 hours when they are ready to be harvested or 2 harvests if you harvest them once a day. Each time you fertilize a farm I would put the lower growing crops on those since you would get more crop harvests in the 3 days which would be 72 hours (3X24) and just keep moving crops around if a farm isn't fertilized try putting a 3 or 4 day crop on it and then just fertilize it just before it is ready to harvest.

My Server: WF-36 on Windows 8
Primary Browser: Chrome

To contact Support: Click Here.

Information on how to clear several browser's cache: Click Here.

If you have a question please post them in the open forum and not in a private message or visitor message, unless it is in response to a private message. Thank you.
Old Mar 08 2014, 03:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
So 50 pigs can fertilize 6 farms if you can harvest the pigs every 12 hours for the 3 days. So 200 pigs are all you need to keep 20 farms fertilized.
To fertilise 1 farm it take 50 pigs to fertilise it.
So if you fill up your pig stys to the limit of 180, so 180 pigs will do 3 farms. If you want more you can do. I've got 1 pig sty per farm lol and I have plenty.
Old Mar 08 2014, 05:40 AM

Quote:
It does seem they aren't lasting 3 days as advertised. I was wondering how people are coping with the fertilizer thing---you need 20 bazillion pigs to get enough for 20 farms! How about a super pigsty that give 2 or 3 times as much per pig. I stopped playing for a year or so and now find there isn't nearly enough!
I only have 236 pigs however I have managed to accumulate 3808 units of pig manure.
I have the manured collector each day I click the harvest all button.

if I dont collect anymore manure I could do my 20 farms 3 times over before running out.
Old Mar 08 2014, 06:41 AM

I do not 'fertilize' every farm, but then I do not grow crops on every farm. I personally find that it is sufficient to fertilize about 5 or 6 farms, (even though I have the full 20).
Old Mar 09 2014, 06:37 AM

Pig Manure isn't like fuel so you DO NOT lose your previous pigs manure. I've got 1,080 pigs in one pig sty to one farm and I've got 20 farms and I've put one pig sty on each farm. You harvest your pigs like normal every 12 hours.
Old Mar 09 2014, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightRider View Post
I suggest that you can plant the crops that take longer to grow and not worry about them until just before ready to harvest, like 3 day crops are ready in 60 FT hours (2 days 12 hours real time) so you don't need to fertilize these crops for up to 2 days 9 or so hours real time. So that would give you at least 4 harvests if you could harvest your pigs every 12 hours when they are ready to be harvested or 2 harvests if you harvest them once a day. Each time you fertilize a farm I would put the lower growing crops on those since you would get more crop harvests in the 3 days which would be 72 hours (3X24) and just keep moving crops around if a farm isn't fertilized try putting a 3 or 4 day crop on it and then just fertilize it just before it is ready to harvest.
Knight Rider gives some excellent advice here. Over time the manure (or piggy-doo as I like to call it) builds up when leftover. I have over 103,000 waiting to be spread and over the next couple days I will not need to spread it, but my pigsties are harvested along with my other animals and will add more piggy doo in that time.

Friends don't let friends boot from hard drives! A real friend would recommend an SSD. Or better yet NVME.
Old Mar 09 2014, 10:57 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qivis View Post
Knight Rider gives some excellent advice here. Over time the manure (or piggy-doo as I like to call it) builds up when leftover. I have over 103,000 waiting to be spread and over the next couple days I will not need to spread it, but my pigsties are harvested along with my other animals and will add more piggy doo in that time.
Thanks for saying that, when I started with the piggy-doo as you call it, there was crops that I didn't fertilize til like 2 or so hours just before they was ready so that I could save some piggy-doo, back then of course didn't have the sprinklers to irrigate so all of the crops had to go their full growing time. I have cut down on my fields since the beginning, so I definitely have more than I need now.

My Server: WF-36 on Windows 8
Primary Browser: Chrome

To contact Support: Click Here.

Information on how to clear several browser's cache: Click Here.

If you have a question please post them in the open forum and not in a private message or visitor message, unless it is in response to a private message. Thank you.
Old Mar 16 2014, 03:16 PM

Default gifts to neighbors

what genius thought of revamping the neighbor list in the SEND GIFT section? A lot of the people on my list are no longer neighbors!!!! They stay inactive in the Neighbor section as you have to un-friend them in order to completely remove them, which is also a dumb feature. But many of the x-neighbors are friends and relitives, I choose not to remove!!!!
Closed Thread

Tags
neighbors, storage capacity