Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jun 10 2011, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS0643 View Post
From what I can tell you will get the percent you are at when you harvest a farm. What that means is if you are at the 52% mark and you harvest 1000 fields you will get 1520 boxes added to your storage or 2520 boxes added to your storage if you have them fertilized. This is the same for all crops, trees, and flowers.
Well if that is the case, it makes perfect sense. How did you manage to find that info? or have you been making notes of every harvest?
Old Jun 10 2011, 01:29 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
From what I can tell you will get the percent you are at when you harvest a farm. What that means is if you are at the 52% mark and you harvest 1000 fields you will get 1520 boxes added to your storage or 2520 boxes added to your storage if you have them fertilized. This is the same for all crops, trees, and flowers.
If this is right, that would wonderful but why use the word "chance" in their belt info versus "you will earn".

Until it is clearer I will savor each of the belt rewards from my neighbors posting and eventually earn them all.
Old Jun 10 2011, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oopsy-Bumpty View Post
I know, I know.... never has a new release left so many unanswered questions, or caused so much chaos, which I have to add is making me giggle more everyday, yes I have a very warped humour.

Just 3 farms? wow you are easy to please
but we like you for that i always get a good chuckle
Old Jun 10 2011, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridgie247 View Post
If this is right, that would wonderful but why use the word "chance" in their belt info versus "you will earn".

Until it is clearer I will savor each of the belt rewards from my neighbors posting and eventually earn them all.
ridgie it's because it is only a whatever percent chance depending on your rank, ie the last rank gives us a 72% chance of a reward. So it's still a lottery
Old Jun 10 2011, 01:44 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Well if that is the case, it makes perfect sense. How did you manage to find that info? or have you been making notes of every harvest?
Just watching what is going in my storage. Until I get to a final dan belt it is hard to do the exact math on it since you may reach one or 5 belts in a harvest of one normal 1024 field farm but I know there is way more in my storage then what would be there without the extra "chance". Also it is like the 20% you get for working for other you can do the math on it but there is no need you know that you get the 20% and it is added to your storage. Those 20% are easy to spot if you always hire for your harvest or you harvest a crop that you never plant because it is not used in a facility. I think it is the word chance that is causing the confusion and also how other games do their chance stuff. I know there are games out there that say the chance of something happening is this but they are lying to us. FT developers are not like that if it says you have a 52% chance then that is what it will be. It could also be like the fish in water is. If you take note of the amount of fish a lake with boat it has 199 fish in it now divide that number by the number of types of fish in the water you will get about how many of each fish you will get each time you fish that water. So 199/7=28.43 so you get 28 of each type of fish. That said one day you may get 32 salmon the next 28 salmon, the next 25 salmon, so while you should get 28 each time it will very but is around that 28 mark. Now like I said before 1000 fields will get you 1520 boxes but when you do the math one day it might be 520 extra boxes the next it could be 510 the next it could be 530 but it will be very close to the 52% you should get. I think once that really sinks in to some people they will stop hating the belts and love them. I know I do because there are some crops that I use so much of it is hard to keep them in stock even with the spreading pig s*** on my farm.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Old Jun 10 2011, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by max_river View Post
but we like you for that i always get a good chuckle
aww thank you max, most people get mad at my ability to laugh at the wrong time and the wrong things...which of course only makes me laugh more...I just can't help myself.
Old Jun 10 2011, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Just watching what is going in my storage. Until I get to a final dan belt it is hard to do the exact math on it since you may reach one or 5 belts in a harvest of one normal 1024 field farm but I know there is way more in my storage then what would be there without the extra "chance". Also it is like the 20% you get for working for other you can do the math on it but there is no need you know that you get the 20% and it is added to your storage. Those 20% are easy to spot if you always hire for your harvest or you harvest a crop that you never plant because it is not used in a facility. I think it is the word chance that is causing the confusion and also how other games do their chance stuff. I know there are games out there that say the chance of something happening is this but they are lying to us. FT developers are not like that if it says you have a 52% chance then that is what it will be. It could also be like the fish in water is. If you take note of the amount of fish a lake with boat it has 199 fish in it now divide that number by the number of types of fish in the water you will get about how many of each fish you will get each time you fish that water. So 199/7=28.43 so you get 28 of each type of fish. That said one day you may get 32 salmon the next 28 salmon, the next 25 salmon, so while you should get 28 each time it will very but is around that 28 mark. Now like I said before 1000 fields will get you 1520 boxes but when you do the math one day it might be 520 extra boxes the next it could be 510 the next it could be 530 but it will be very close to the 52% you should get. I think once that really sinks in to some people they will stop hating the belts and love them. I know I do because there are some crops that I use so much of it is hard to keep them in stock even with the spreading pig s*** on my farm.

hehe, sorry jas I am giggling because there is no way I can keep up with your wonderful mathematical brain. But yep I am getting to understand it all a bit more everyday.

At first I wasn't that fussed about the belts, but I have come to realise what a great asset they are going to be for all of us....if only people would take the time to see it too
Old Jun 10 2011, 02:14 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
When the belts came out I did love them still do even if I wasn't going to get a reward each and every time i harvested (as I viewed it), wasn't a fan of how they changed the 3hour to 12 hour on the belt rewards.

I have harvested my flowers and noticed I had a larger amount than had planted, pretty sure not from any reward clicking. As the one I clicked on didn't work when they had the flower reward glitch and may have received the bonus later but it was still more than what the first brown belt bonus was.

Perhaps a sticky is in order (or we can keep quoting jas on each and every post)

Last edited by ridgie247; Jun 10 2011 at 02:19 PM.
Old Jun 10 2011, 02:29 PM

Quote:
hehe, sorry jas I am giggling because there is no way I can keep up with your wonderful mathematical brain. But yep I am getting to understand it all a bit more everyday.

At first I wasn't that fussed about the belts, but I have come to realise what a great asset they are going to be for all of us....if only people would take the time to see it too
well said and it helps when folks share the info with each other
Old Jun 10 2011, 04:07 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:
Default Quantative easing the FT ecconomy

Im impressed that the peeps at slashkey have taken into account the wows of the worlds financial markets and come up with this belts thing ....basicaly they are flooding the market with unearned crops and thus xps so a new starter can bounce up to a good level in a few days its down side is that now i have 10000 tomatoes in my store and no one wants them at the market except Bob ...cos they click on a belt link from a friend and they get a weeks supply gratis therefore they dont plant them and i have to get a lower price for my goods but the danger is once everyone has make it to top dan level the the supply of belts will dry up and the market will crash and most peeps will be maxed on the levels or is this a ploy to make the plots produce twice the crops hence you need to plant less to get the same amount giving you more room to decorate which is fine but as most peeps have decs n trees turned off so nobody see all the hard work ive put into the designs of my farms
it will be fun to see what happens over the next few weeks i hope the banks of the world are watching they may get some ideas
Closed Thread