Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Jan 27 2021, 08:07 PM
Account Not Linked

Default Stuck and Frozen while Farming

First of all, I am extremely disappointed that Flash is not playing anymore, although I am very aware that Abode has ceased the flash player affecting FarmTown game.

Due to the HTML5/WebGL loading issue on the Chrome browser, I sometimes get stuck and frozen while I am harvesting/plowing/seeding at the same time. I have rebooted the FarmTown app several times. I rather play the flash version and strongly suggest that you need to keep two methods for the FarmTown users:
~ Flash
~ HTML/WebGL

By that way, I would rather choose Flash method because it is much easier for me to play. HTML/WebGL has caused me stuck and freeze for more than 2-5 minutes...like CRASH. Everytime when I was stuck and frozen, I forced myself to reboot my computer and get back to the FarmTown app. How horrible!

Old Jan 27 2021, 08:31 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyCA1 View Post
First of all, I am extremely disappointed that Flash is not playing anymore, although I am very aware that Abode has ceased the flash player affecting FarmTown game.

Due to the HTML5/WebGL loading issue on the Chrome browser, I sometimes get stuck and frozen while I am harvesting/plowing/seeding at the same time. I have rebooted the FarmTown app several times. I rather play the flash version and strongly suggest that you need to keep two methods for the FarmTown users:
~ Flash
~ HTML/WebGL

By that way, I would rather choose Flash method because it is much easier for me to play. HTML/WebGL has caused me stuck and freeze for more than 2-5 minutes...like CRASH. Everytime when I was stuck and frozen, I forced myself to reboot my computer and get back to the FarmTown app. How horrible!
Hi DisneyCA,
I moved your post to the Game Migration thread as you are not having problems loading the game. The HTML5 thread is only for those farmers having loading problems. Please post any questions or problems in this thread.

I am sorry, but there isn't any way to bring back the Flash version because Adobe has shut down Flash completely.

Please try going to your preferences at check the box for Compressed Graphics, then reload your farms and see if that helps with the freezing up.

Also try clearing your browser cache, close the browser and then reload your farms.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 27 2021, 08:48 PM

Default full screen zoom

FYI no rush as more minor than many issues you deal with but in order to go full screen I have to DOUBLE click the shortcut icon but leaving full screen happens in one click. They both always only required one click.
Old Jan 27 2021, 08:52 PM
Account Not Linked

Default When will we get the full version of the game?

I've been patiently waiting all month, but most features are still disabled, and it's boring to "play."

Can we get some more information?

Thank you!
Old Jan 27 2021, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marymarcel View Post
Hi John

Please check that the time (hour, minutes, AM/PM) and date (day, month, year) are ok in the computer, if any of those are off then this kind of problems could happen, specially by the time you irrigated that farm.

In your wife farm, you can copy her id number which is showing up in the message above her farm screen.
Just post it here also adding in which farm it is the problem so we can visit it.
Thanks for where to see her ID. Problem worked out when the time we COULD harvest arrived but it WAS a bug as times were fine, farm selector showed it irrigated but when we went to the farm while it did show as irrigated it did NOT cut the harvest time in half. Resolved for now. TY
Old Jan 27 2021, 08:56 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAlbertini View Post
FYI no rush as more minor than many issues you deal with but in order to go full screen I have to DOUBLE click the shortcut icon but leaving full screen happens in one click. They both always only required one click.
Hi John,
I moved your post to the Game Migration thread as you are not having problems loading the game. The HTML5 thread is only for those farmers having loading problems. Please post any questions or problems in this thread.

I get the same thing as well. The developers have not been able to reproduce it as yet. It doesn't happen to me all the time, but as you say it is minor.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 27 2021, 09:00 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmTownBono View Post
I've been patiently waiting all month, but most features are still disabled, and it's boring to "play."

Can we get some more information?

Thank you!
Hi FarmTownBono,
I moved your post to the News & Announcements thread about the Game Migration. You can find what is available in the first post of this thread. Any updates will be added there.
Old Jan 27 2021, 09:45 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Please try going to your preferences at check the box for Compressed Graphics, then reload your farms and see if that helps with the freezing up.
I primarily use the Google Chrome browser to play FarmTown. I have tried to find the "Compressed Graphics" within Preferences but I don't see anything. Nothing. How do I find the "Compressed Graphics" on the Chrome browser?

Old Jan 27 2021, 09:48 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyCA1 View Post
I primarily use the Google Chrome browser to play FarmTown. I have tried to find the "Compressed Graphics" within Preferences but I don't see anything. Nothing. How do I find the "Compressed Graphics" on the Chrome browser?
Hi DisneyCA,
It is not a Chrome setting. It is in your preferences in the game. That is the wrench at the top of your farms to the right side.
Old Jan 27 2021, 10:23 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Keef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Keef,

Try clearing everything out for that SN in the edit super neighbor, close your farms and then reload. Then add back the functions you want them to do. They should probably also restart their farms after you have re done their functions.
did all that still no joy
Closed Thread