Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Jan 22 2021, 09:15 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean's Farm View Post
Re: Pics on the neighbor bar. Only about half of my neighbors are showing their pics. Is there something I can do?? Does clearing our meme cache still help?? And if it does can you post the link for me?? Thank you!!
Hi Jean's Farm,

It's likely to be a data transfer issue, getting that information about who all of your friends are from Facebook your game. It happens sometimes and usually corrects itself in time without you needing to do anything.

Have a look in your My Neighbors tab and remove the check mark for "Show active players only" then see if any of your friends are also showing no picture when they normally have one either with a blue background or a white background. If there's no pictures showing up for some of your friends there either than that's why the game can't see them. If those that you know are still playing have 0 stats for their information, that is also a sign of a data transfer issue.

You can running memcache if you like and see if it helps for those you know are still playing, but it may not make any difference and you just have to wait for it to be fixed. Here's the memcache link if you would like to try it. Click on the link, close the game if it's still open in another tab, then reload.
https://l1.slashkey.com/facebook/far...lear_memcached

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Jan 22 2021, 09:22 AM

Default I am so lost.

I don't know where to go or where to start. Its been a long time since I played.
USER ID number ( 546271774 )
Checkpoint-DONE - Map Loaded - Mem: 30/256 MB
My farm loads, but no avatar, just my empty fields and trees. I should have done this last year but I have been busy. I didn't know I hadn't been on here for so long. Can anyone help me? I don't even know how to use the forum or where to go first.
Old Jan 22 2021, 09:34 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerriL View Post
I don't know where to go or where to start. Its been a long time since I played.
USER ID number ( 546271774 )
Checkpoint-DONE - Map Loaded - Mem: 30/256 MB
My farm loads, but no avatar, just my empty fields and trees. I should have done this last year but I have been busy. I didn't know I hadn't been on here for so long. Can anyone help me? I don't even know how to use the forum or where to go first.
Hi TerriL,

Please go to the 1st post on page 1 of this thread and read what is there so you are all caught up with what is currently available in the game. There is a list towards the bottom of the post that will help you.

While there is still a message above the game screen, the first link that says click here is the one that will bring you here. This is where you can check what's been added to the game so far. The second link in that message that says this forum thread, is for those that can not load the game.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Jan 22 2021, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
Hi Jean's Farm,

It's likely to be a data transfer issue, getting that information about who all of your friends are from Facebook your game. It happens sometimes and usually corrects itself in time without you needing to do anything.

Have a look in your My Neighbors tab and remove the check mark for "Show active players only" then see if any of your friends are also showing no picture when they normally have one either with a blue background or a white background. If there's no pictures showing up for some of your friends there either than that's why the game can't see them. If those that you know are still playing have 0 stats for their information, that is also a sign of a data transfer issue.

You can running memcache if you like and see if it helps for those you know are still playing, but it may not make any difference and you just have to wait for it to be fixed. Here's the memcache link if you would like to try it. Click on the link, close the game if it's still open in another tab, then reload.
https://l1.slashkey.com/facebook/far...lear_memcached
I checked the neighbors and there are only 3 of them not showing pics on that page. I tried running meme cache and that did nothing for it. So I will just be patient and wait.....the flowers were worth the wait so this will be too!!!!
Old Jan 22 2021, 12:52 PM

I know for a fact that the photos are not all showing up on the Chat bar at the bottom of the game. it is still being worked on
Old Jan 22 2021, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith of maisie farm uk View Post
I know for a fact that the photos are not all showing up on the Chat bar at the bottom of the game. it is still being worked on
Hi keith of maisie farm uk

This usually happens with there is a problem transfering data and also corrects itself after a time. Anyway the developers are aware of this issue some users are having.

If you wish, click in your My Neighbors tab and remove the check mark for "Show active players only", then check if your friends are not showing pictures. If some of them dont have pictures then the game cant see them. Also check if some of them are showing 0 stats in their information, that always tell us that there is an issue transfering data.
Old Jan 22 2021, 02:31 PM

Do we just loose the crops, trees and chopping we do?
Old Jan 22 2021, 02:38 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma Woods View Post
Do we just loose the crops, trees and chopping we do?
Hi Momma Woods,
I moved your post to the thread about the Game Migration since you are able to play.
No those items you are harvesting go into your storage. If you do not see them added immediately then try restarting your farms and look again.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.

Last edited by Taz D; Jan 22 2021 at 02:46 PM.
Old Jan 22 2021, 02:40 PM

Look, I'm not a programmer but I do not understand how things that worked a few hours ago don't work now? Shortcuts at the bottom GONE?! How? Why? Seems it is one step forward, four steps back. We are told to remember an umbrella but can't do simple steps we could a few hours ago?! And this over three YEARS after the developers knew this was coming?!
Old Jan 22 2021, 02:44 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAlbertini View Post
Look, I'm not a programmer but I do not understand how things that worked a few hours ago don't work now? Shortcuts at the bottom GONE?! How? Why? Seems it is one step forward, four steps back. We are told to remember an umbrella but can't do simple steps we could a few hours ago?! And this over three YEARS after the developers knew this was coming?!
Hi John,
Please try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.
If your farm is open close it. Then reopen and try again.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

If that doesn't show them then clear your browser cache, close the browser and then reopen your farms. It will take a little longer to reload after this as it has to download all the graphics again.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Closed Thread