Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Dec 21 2020, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandida Nina View Post
I can't find where the developers have said anything since November 30th. Of course rumor and speculation will happen when players are left hanging. I believe the first post of this thread mentioned posting updates as things develop. I take that as there are no new developments, which IS cause for concern. You may kindly direct me to the proper post if there has been any further updates from the developers.
Hi Bandida Nina

The developers are woking hard and I'm sure they will post the new updates for all things they have done up now as soon as possible.
Old Dec 21 2020, 06:20 PM

My point is that NO updates in 3 weeks definitely leads to speculation. I am glad you are confident. Many of us are not because it would take a developer 5 minutes to update everyone. I love Farm Town and I have honestly been worried over the past year because other games and sites started their conversions as long as 3 years ago and all have completed several months ago or long ago announced they were folding up. Putting off a complicated undertaking until the last minute was not good judgement, yet we are supposed to have confidence in the developers. I will keep my fingers crossed they pull it off, even if they have had to make a lot of changes. Thanks!
Old Dec 21 2020, 06:32 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
My point is that NO updates in 3 weeks definitely leads to speculation. I am glad you are confident. Many of us are not because it would take a developer 5 minutes to update everyone. I love Farm Town and I have honestly been worried over the past year because other games and sites started their conversions as long as 3 years ago and all have completed several months ago or long ago announced they were folding up. Putting off a complicated undertaking until the last minute was not good judgement, yet we are supposed to have confidence in the developers. I will keep my fingers crossed they pull it off, even if they have had to make a lot of changes. Thanks!
Hi Bandida Nina,
If they stop to provide updates for every little thing they get completed then that will slow them down on getting more done. The developers did start the conversion when it was announced last year that Flash would end. They did not put it off to the last minute. Farm Town is a much more complicated program than many of those other games.

I assure you that the developers will update you before they release with what is working and what they are still working on after the restricted release is done.

Please be patient as they are working hard to get as much working as they can before the "deadline". Testing is ongoing as they continue to work on it.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Dec 22 2020, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Bandida Nina,
If they stop to provide updates for every little thing they get completed then that will slow them down on getting more done. The developers did start the conversion when it was announced last year that Flash would end. They did not put it off to the last minute. Farm Town is a much more complicated program than many of those other games.

I assure you that the developers will update you before they release with what is working and what they are still working on after the restricted release is done.

Please be patient as they are working hard to get as much working as they can before the "deadline". Testing is ongoing as they continue to work on it.
As a software developer myself, I can ASSURE you this is true. It may sound like a 5-minute task but it's not. For one thing, you have to get yourself in a totally different mindframe - break your concentration - come at it from a different direction. Then you have to figure out what to say. Because working on something and describing it are two different things. Then once you've done your post, you have to get yourself BACK in your programmer mindset. It's not as easy as it sounds. That's what the mods are doing an excellent job of - sort of being a touchstone for us. I'm nervous, too. Based on what Raul has said, some things WILL be different - or at least in the initial rollout. But Raul has ALWAYS come through for us. He's a great game developer, IMHO. Keeps working at it until its awesome. I don't expect it to be perfect when it first launches. This is a HUGE deal so yes - I imagine there WILL be issues. But what I DO anticipate is that over time, everything will get smoothed out. That's what has always made Raul so awesome - he keeps working on a thing until it's good. He comes back to stuff and fixes it. None of us wanted to have to change - but we didn't have a choice. So I'm just planning to hang in there and wait and see.

But yes - it's all a bit nerve-wracking! I get it.

Farmer Squeak

Farmer Susan has been happily farming since July 27, 2009.
  • Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • ♫ Oh Give Me a Home . . .
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Old Dec 22 2020, 10:00 AM
Account Not Linked

i am ok to wait until it happens to find out what works and what doesnt ... what i am worried about is losing the fc i got coming from the quests
Old Dec 22 2020, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crafty chris View Post
i am ok to wait until it happens to find out what works and what doesnt ... what i am worried about is losing the fc i got coming from the quests
Maybe they'll give each of us a few extra FC just in case.

Farmer Squeak

Farmer Susan has been happily farming since July 27, 2009.
  • Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • ♫ Oh Give Me a Home . . .
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Old Dec 22 2020, 01:39 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer_Susan View Post
Maybe they'll give each of us a few extra FC just in case.
i wont hold my breath for that lol
Old Dec 22 2020, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer_Susan View Post
As a software developer myself, I can ASSURE you this is true. It may sound like a 5-minute task but it's not. For one thing, you have to get yourself in a totally different mindframe - break your concentration - come at it from a different direction. Then you have to figure out what to say. Because working on something and describing it are two different things. Then once you've done your post, you have to get yourself BACK in your programmer mindset. It's not as easy as it sounds. That's what the mods are doing an excellent job of - sort of being a touchstone for us. I'm nervous, too. Based on what Raul has said, some things WILL be different - or at least in the initial rollout. But Raul has ALWAYS come through for us. He's a great game developer, IMHO. Keeps working at it until its awesome. I don't expect it to be perfect when it first launches. This is a HUGE deal so yes - I imagine there WILL be issues. But what I DO anticipate is that over time, everything will get smoothed out. That's what has always made Raul so awesome - he keeps working on a thing until it's good. He comes back to stuff and fixes it. None of us wanted to have to change - but we didn't have a choice. So I'm just planning to hang in there and wait and see.

But yes - it's all a bit nerve-wracking! I get it.
Sorry, I disagree. Regardless of what Taz said, the announcement was made in July of 2017 and other games started conversion soon after. This was not a "last year" thing. I also disagree with the notion they cannot update. My son is a developer and he agrees with me stating it is expected for them to provide updates regularly to necessary people and such reports can be easily translated to a quick brief for "the public". I am not having an issue with any possible scenarios, even no Farm Town at all. I just pointed out that silence leads to speculation and rumor. THAT was my only point. And yes, waiting to start conversion was bad judgement. This should be a forum for honest, civil discussion but people voicing concerns have not had their concerns validated. This is disposable entertainment expense for me and I play other games, so will not go into withdrawal, but it is all a couple of my neighbors have. They have no family nearby, are older and are stuck at home and this is their main social outlet.
Old Dec 22 2020, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Sorry, I disagree. Regardless of what Taz said, the announcement was made in July of 2017 and other games started conversion soon after. This was not a "last year" thing. I also disagree with the notion they cannot update. My son is a developer and he agrees with me stating it is expected for them to provide updates regularly to necessary people and such reports can be easily translated to a quick brief for "the public". I am not having an issue with any possible scenarios, even no Farm Town at all. I just pointed out that silence leads to speculation and rumor. THAT was my only point. And yes, waiting to start conversion was bad judgement. This should be a forum for honest, civil discussion but people voicing concerns have not had their concerns validated. This is disposable entertainment expense for me and I play other games, so will not go into withdrawal, but it is all a couple of my neighbors have. They have no family nearby, are older and are stuck at home and this is their main social outlet.
What other games do you play? On FB the only game I know of is FT no other game is like this.
Old Dec 22 2020, 08:41 PM

Quote:
But they did begin in July 2017. If you look at this post, dated July 28, 2017, you will see that they had begun working on the conversion then.
Closed Thread