Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Aug 16 2012, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Known Issues

- Flash crashing: We are still researching this issue, we will post again when we have more information.

Post Release Updates - Aug 14th, 01:01PM EST

- On Aug 14th Adobe released a new version of the Flash Player, 11.3.300.271, please report if you experience any improvements with the Flash crashing.

Well, like a lot of people I've had real problems harvesting, it's just been too slow on my pc, on the laptop I have given up playing on there as the graphics kept breaking up.

However having seen the update regarding a change with Adobe I nervously went into the ins and outs of the settings to see what I could do ( I would normally let my better half do such things ).

I use mainly Chrome, but also Mozilla, never Internet Explorer so I can't comment on that. When I had a peek on the Adobe site through Chrome, it told me I had the previous version ( really sorry I can't remember what version it was except it had 31 in it, lol ), but I couldn't see how to download 11.3.300.271 through Chrome, but it did show me the link to download for Mozilla...which I went on to do. I eventually found out that Chrome did have the download, but because it was part of a bundle, it was picking the previous one in favour of the 11.3.300 one. So I've tweaked it to use the 11.3.300 version instead, just hope it doesn't affect anything else!

I harvested trees,flowers and did some fishing with Mozilla...it was much faster, but the graphics did seem to drag which they hadn't done before on the pc. On Chrome I harvested trees, flowers, fields and fished and all worked much much faster...so let's hope it stays like it !
Old Aug 16 2012, 01:09 PM
Account Not Linked

Sometimes it helps with the speed and graphics if you lower the graphics to lower graphics while playing, I did and it seemed to speed up a little bit more and the graphics quality isn't that much different going to low.
Old Aug 16 2012, 01:44 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danker View Post
Crash every single day, yes, but more than 10 times a day! I do not believe that there are any serious efforts to solve the problem(s), it has been going on now since at least 6 months.
Have you tried resetting your modem and router if you are using a router.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Aug 16 2012, 01:51 PM
Senior Moderator

I have evaluted the latest version of Flash and though I did not get any crashes from it, the thing I did notice was it was very slow working facilities for others. Additionally my facility manager and seeds, anything with graphics for several items were also very slow.
Raul, sorry that version didn't help. Their "security" update is just plain slower. I went back to version 11.2.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Aug 16 2012, 04:09 PM

Hi everyone,

My apologies for all the issues concerning flash player crashing, while i sympathize with you all, attacking other users and argumentative posts will not be tolerated and will be deleted. Please let us keep things civil while our developers work out this issue

Thank you

How to manually link your Farm to the forum

Contact Support

Old Aug 16 2012, 04:28 PM

Level:
XP:

- On Aug 14th Adobe released a new version of the Flash Player, 11.3.300.271, please report if you experience any improvements with the Flash crashing.[/quote]

Not that I have notice, and today it has been freezing me out with the sign "plug-in failure" about 5 times already!
Old Aug 16 2012, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob T View Post
Hi everyone,

My apologies for all the issues concerning flash player crashing, while i sympathize with you all, attacking other users and argumentative posts will not be tolerated and will be deleted. Please let us keep things civil while our developers work out this issue

Thank you
I apologize for anything I said that might have offended anyone! That was not my intent-My frustrations just got the best of me and I felt like I was being attacked from all sides! AGAIN--I AM SORRY! I know the developers are trying to get this problem worked out!
Old Aug 16 2012, 05:05 PM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_mommi View Post
i have a word of advice to you IE users- please try a different browser, such as firefox or google chrome. IE runs lots of things in the background, while running your browser, so it makes things very difficult. i use srware iron, it is chrome based, and i rarely have flash problems. a week ago, when all was crashing around other players, i had 0 problems. the only problems i had were with farms that were over loaded. i'm not saying this will solve all the problems with the current flash issues, but it will help. also, clear you flash files and internet history on a regular basis!! especially if your computer is older, like mine is. i do it daily. hope it helps!! happy farming!!
I don't use IE, use Firefox or Safari as I have an IMAC, but it still has its issues, it is true whichever I use and the best to do facilities is Firefox, but at the 3 farm it slows down and then it goes dark and here comes a little box where it tells me "plug-in failure" but it does give me right under there to hit for a report to Adobe... so everytime it happens I hit that little line, now if they get it or don't get it and they know they have problems with the release I don't know, hopefully if I keep sending it to Adobe somebody will take notice and they will try to find out what is it on their end too. Yes it does help to clean the cache and the history, but I do believe this is more an issue with Adobe and their Flash Program..
Old Aug 16 2012, 05:14 PM

Level:
XP:

The people at Adobe do know there is a problem, they are working hard to fix it, and they do encourage people to send the crash report so it will be easier for them to figure out what to do to fix it. There is a forum over there that is boiling over, imagine this forum + all the other internet games that uses flash and are crashing just like us...its pretty bad :P

On a different note, i think its a good idea to remind people to unistall their current flash version if they want to try a different one, its not good to slap one install over another time and time again, there is an unistaller on the adobe site, just google it
Also, i installed the Flash 11.4 beta a few days ago, and it pretty much solved my crashing issues, so maybe it will help someone else aswell

Visit 's Farm

Old Aug 16 2012, 05:45 PM

Level:
XP:

I have a question, how much RAM do you have in your pc, i had to get 1 gig of RAM more and it helped with SHOCKWAVE, i think shcockwave need atleast 2 gig RAM if you run Windows7 - Thank You

I have a brand new pc with 8.00 GB DDR3 RAM, 1 TERABYTE HARD DRIVE. I use Chrome and am still crashing.

Closed Thread