Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Aug 08 2012, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik Merlin View Post
I may be wrong, but I don't think you know much about computer code. They cannot read and edit (fix) code like when you edit a page of regular text. It can take quite some time.... weeks and even months. Do you think all these new features are created over night? They could have been working on code for the people for example for months before releasing them to the game. Every change in code can affect numerous other codes and if they make one change, it usually means they have to make a lot of changes. It's not easy or everyone would be doing it. Some fixes are simple, but many are not.
yep.... if it was that easy, even I might try it. lol

It is especially tough when the devs have to work with little or no info from each person having trouble... what Flash version, description of the problem, etc etc.

I say give them all the info you can, and let them do their job. Then buy something with Farm Cash to support the game, the cost of the game, and the devs income to keep it going.

Old Aug 08 2012, 10:23 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneFace View Post
yep.... if it was that easy, even I might try it. lol

It is especially tough when the devs have to work with little or no info from each person having trouble... what Flash version, description of the problem, etc etc.

I say give them all the info you can, and let them do their job. Then buy something with Farm Cash to support the game, the cost of the game, and the devs income to keep it going.

I used to do basic programming like 30 years ago on my commodore 64, but computer coding is nothing like basic programming, I wish I did know how to do it I would try to make a game, even if it was just a small game and easy to play.
I have saw several post of people having problems and they say "I am having problems, fix it." and that is all they put in their post. Now how is a dev suppose to fix the problem that they are having when they put no information to help fix the problem. I have mentioned this before in other posts, I know there are some people that do give info, but there is also a lot that doesn't. We all need to help the dev's make this a good game.
Old Aug 08 2012, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitt1962 View Post
I used to do basic programming like 30 years ago on my commodore 64, but computer coding is nothing like basic programming, I wish I did know how to do it I would try to make a game, even if it was just a small game and easy to play.
I have saw several post of people having problems and they say "I am having problems, fix it." and that is all they put in their post. Now how is a dev suppose to fix the problem that they are having when they put no information to help fix the problem. I have mentioned this before in other posts, I know there are some people that do give info, but there is also a lot that doesn't. We all need to help the dev's make this a good game.
We had a game developer come live with us for a couple months while he was building a stand-alone kids game for a friend.... it was awesome how fast he worked and how clever he was at integrating the animation with sound etc.... and drawing some pictures on a tablet. What I found fascinating was the layout for the codes and how they interacted just for a "simple game" played on a single CD... with a "different" game each time.

One of my sons is well employed for a major ad company. But he can do both design and development, where as many in the business are taught one or the other.

and yes I usually complain to him with FT issues before I go to the forum

now Face Book is introducing on line gambling, supposedly hooked in with games like farmville...

Will we see even more lag and other problems.... I "bet" we will

Old Aug 08 2012, 11:06 AM

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik Merlin View Post
I may be wrong, but I don't think you know much about computer code. They cannot read and edit (fix) code like when you edit a page of regular text. It can take quite some time.... weeks and even months. Do you think all these new features are created over night? They could have been working on code for the people for example for months before releasing them to the game. Every change in code can affect numerous other codes and if they make one change, it usually means they have to make a lot of changes. It's not easy or everyone would be doing it. Some fixes are simple, but many are not.
[quote=Majik Merlin;5246486]Janet BC.....Here is a simple example of some programming code... can you make heads or tails of it? If so, bravo!

clrscr();
int gd=DETECT,gm,i=0;
detectgraph(&gd,&gm);
initgraph(&gd,&gm,"c:\tc\bgi");
rectangle(0,5,630,400);
rectangle(10,15,620,390);

settextstyle(1,0,1);
outtextxy(245,238,"DESIGNER");
while(!kbhit())
{
setcolor(i);
settextstyle(2,0,0);
outtextxy(32,170,"* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *");
outtextxy(32,178,"*
*");
outtextxy(32,186,"*
*");
outtextxy(32,196,"*

I GOT ON HERE TO VOICE MY CONCERNS TO FARMTOWN----"NOT" to have a VERBAL WAR and to be BASHED BY EVERYONE ELSE IN THIS FORUM! I am MORE GROWNUP than that! THANK GOODNESS for TONY and RAUL! They have contacted me and are NOW WORKING on FIXING MY PROBLEMS which I REALLY DO HAVE!!! BTW--IF I was a Computer Genius, I wouldn't be here TRYING to play FARMTOWN!!!!! This is supposed to be "FUN"!
Old Aug 08 2012, 12:53 PM

I'm feeling a little bad for FarmTown right now.

Only I should be allowed to cuss them out and nobody else!!! jk jk

But I have been on my own tirades of late and wanted to apologize for being part of the problem and not of the solution!! I know you guys are doing everything you can to keep as many of us as happy as possible and not many of us consider how tied your hands are with FB demands, browser demands and serious cheaters that make it a double edged sword.

Hang in there Devs. I still love you. Sorry for my rants. And thanks for listening.

SeaJay

The Gathering
Old Aug 08 2012, 01:15 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

If you read the Adobe forums you will see that its not just Farmtown, there are alot more angry people on that forum then there are here (believe it or not lol) and I dont really think there is alot the FT devs can do until Adobe fix their mess.

I have tried several browsers the last week or so and Comodo Dragon is the most stable one for me, it is alot like Chrome and Firefox, so it might be a good idea to try that and see if it helps any of you, its actually faster then im used to with Firefox/Chrome

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Aug 08 2012, 02:07 PM

I thank you so much for the expediting of working facilities, maybe others will work more. The Farm Town game had became quite time consuming, now we will enjoy it more so!!! God Bless!!!
Old Aug 08 2012, 05:47 PM

Blame Abode, not FT people - they are the ones who consistantly upgrade flash for apparently the fun of it every few weeks - to prevent this issue in the future, set your adobe not to automatically update - or deny the install if it has already downloaded, I learnt early on this will mess with with FT big time... or wait at least until the forum seems to give the all clear on a fix for issues - remember - FT/SLashkey is not responsible for the shockwave plugin in - they dont know what will happen anymore than we do each time adobe messes with it - yet, I can assure you, these dev's will be running around behind the scenes trying their hardest to correct an issue thats been thrust upon them - chill out with the blame game and learn a little patience!!

Obsessive compulsive farming disorder: it is no joke!!!!!

Level 385- with 16th Farm and all size upgrades - farming since June '09

Are We there Yet???

WISH LIST: - TO HIRE SOMEONE TO PLANT MY FIELDS - from a pre selected list of seeds for each farm!!!

Old Aug 08 2012, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornyroo View Post
Blame Abode, not FT people - they are the ones who consistantly upgrade flash for apparently the fun of it every few weeks - to prevent this issue in the future, set your adobe not to automatically update - or deny the install if it has already downloaded, I learnt early on this will mess with with FT big time... or wait at least until the forum seems to give the all clear on a fix for issues - remember - FT/SLashkey is not responsible for the shockwave plugin in - they dont know what will happen anymore than we do each time adobe messes with it - yet, I can assure you, these dev's will be running around behind the scenes trying their hardest to correct an issue thats been thrust upon them - chill out with the blame game and learn a little patience!!
Maybe they think they need to upgrade to justify their jobs.
Old Aug 08 2012, 06:12 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:
Default Just wondering

With all the problems working the neighbors facilities.

Is the server we connect to, the WF # the server we are on or the one the neighbor is on?

I just worked the neighbor in a second tab and the server there was not the same as the one in the first tab.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Closed Thread