Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Aug 05 2012, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggiel29 View Post
The mayor does seem to pick up missed facilities - I did that on a farm that had 6, I had clicked the 4th one having missed number 3 and the mayor still said he was doing the other 3.

To answer your second question no you cant have more than one car the same - the second would not function - maybe it will in the future when we are able to have more than one train being sent or maybe it will have to be on another loco.
Thank you for your reply Maggiel
Old Aug 05 2012, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggiel29 View Post
Just as an exercise in response to concerns about this I checked a couple of times when working a friends Facs where I know what was loaded and it is correct as regards XPs - you don't get coins for working Facs only goods.
I love this new feature - I am getting far more workers for my own Facs. and its now much less time consuming working others - this was a much needed feature to enable this part of the game to continue working - it had become so tedious working 60+ on Facs on some farms - one neighbour has 70 on one and 35 on another. Now its a breeze.
I agree it is much easier now, but I still wish there more a facility type manager, I too have a neighbor that 70 on one 35 on another one or 2 and at least 10 on every single farm. Their farm is way over stacked and unless I remember to turn everything off it is very time consuming to load all 15 farms. That has always been my main complaint is having to go to every farm to work the facilities, I had never even thought of the Mayor doing half of the work for us, but with as many facilities everybody is getting now that is a good idea too.
Old Aug 05 2012, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docperk View Post
Thank you for your reply Maggiel
I tested this to see if the mayor would pick up missed ones and it DOES NOT. I intentionally skipped a flour one on a farm that had 4 factories, the mayor worked 2 factories and then I went to a different farm and came back. The flour one was not done and it let me do it alone with the mayor doing nothing.

And although it is nice to have to do less factories, the time involved hasn't been reduced much. We still have to go to every single farm and that is what consumes so much time. Most of my neighbors have stuff on almost every farm and it is VERY time consuming to do it, especially when you are the 5th or 6th person there and you don't get hardly anything. Yet, they won't work my farm if I don't work theirs. There should be a minimum of stuff we get if we work farms and it should be streamlined so it automatically works every farm one right after the other, or better yet, when you work a facility on one farm, it automatically works the same thing on any other farm so we don't have to do all the duplicates.

I know my 2 cents isn't worth much, but there it is anyway.....
Old Aug 05 2012, 10:22 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docperk View Post
I agree it is much easier now, but I still wish there more a facility type manager, I too have a neighbor that 70 on one 35 on another one or 2 and at least 10 on every single farm. Their farm is way over stacked and unless I remember to turn everything off it is very time consuming to load all 15 farms. That has always been my main complaint is having to go to every farm to work the facilities, I had never even thought of the Mayor doing half of the work for us, but with as many facilities everybody is getting now that is a good idea too.
Just get into the habit of turning everything off before you go to work facilities.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Aug 05 2012, 10:24 AM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel7 View Post
I tested this to see if the mayor would pick up missed ones and it DOES NOT. I intentionally skipped a flour one on a farm that had 4 factories, the mayor worked 2 factories and then I went to a different farm and came back. The flour one was not done and it let me do it alone with the mayor doing nothing.

And although it is nice to have to do less factories, the time involved hasn't been reduced much. We still have to go to every single farm and that is what consumes so much time. Most of my neighbors have stuff on almost every farm and it is VERY time consuming to do it, especially when you are the 5th or 6th person there and you don't get hardly anything. Yet, they won't work my farm if I don't work theirs. There should be a minimum of stuff we get if we work farms and it should be streamlined so it automatically works every farm one right after the other, or better yet, when you work a facility on one farm, it automatically works the same thing on any other farm so we don't have to do all the duplicates.

you could always just work 1 farm for facilities if they have nothing. It will still show below the farm window that you have worked there facilities.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Aug 05 2012, 07:19 PM

Level:
XP:

Has anybody experience slowness with the game? Blackouts? Plug in failures? Maybe its just me, but I am getting very frustated, have changed from Safari to Firefox, to Google Chrome and still the same... I know that my WF has changed from 34 to 4. Maybe its the Flash Player, but I am having lots of issues here. I love and was so excited for the new release, but then the glitches came... help please, and yes I have cleaned cache and macro so not the problem.
Old Aug 05 2012, 07:27 PM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ Grove View Post
I have not seen that the problem with the flash player crashing has been acknowledged as a problem yet. It may be the flash player, but the problems started with the upgrade. It seems Slashkey should be working with Adobe to find and fix the problem. The problem will not be fixed until it is acknowledged as a probem.
AMEN... and I hope is soon, because I am running out of internet servers and they all are doing the same, freeze up, blackouts or thrown out... and very very slow to work on farms whether its yours or friends.
Old Aug 06 2012, 12:32 AM
Account Not Linked

I appreciate the Mayor helping out very much! Great idea working half and him doing the other half. This has been a great savings of time as the farms load quickly so I don't mind visiting them, but many of my friends have more than 30 facilities on a farm, and some have more than 70 per farm, so only needing to do half of them saves a lot of time and a lot of clicks! TY

Loss of xp and goods
BUT... I have noticed that sometimes when I click for him to do his share...the text box disappears but I do not get the second box saying how much he did and my xp does not change. If I return to the same farm, it shows I have worked the facilities and I get the "oops I have already helped" message. This happened several times today so I monitored it carefully. It seemed to happen on farms with 30 or more facilities which was quite a loss. On two people's it happened on two of their farms, but the rest were only on one farm per person.

Last edited by Texas Star; Aug 06 2012 at 12:39 AM. Reason: editing
Old Aug 06 2012, 03:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel7 View Post

Both good ideas - automatically going to the next farm and working all the same facs in one swoop. I also wanted somethignlike the facility manager - but I do not want to click on 100+ facilities in it. That would work if we had a "Work All Button" - but I DO like the mayor helping. Sorry he didnt help with yours - Ive tried it a couple of times and both he picked up the missing facility. Perhaps it is a random glitch.

***** Farm Town Addict since October 2009 *****
Old Aug 06 2012, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjohn726 View Post
Love the Farmer popping up working on stuff.

Thanks for the improvements for the trains also

By the way the time saved working on neighbors farms is wonderful
Farmer popping up working on stuff????????????? where?
Closed Thread