Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Jul 11 2016, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marymarcel View Post
Hi farmerKBW

Taz is not available at this moment.

I will give an example for asking for ingredients.

You have the Healthy Juice stand and you need grapefruits to make Grapefruit juice. Then you need to open the facility and then click in the + icon for the Grapefruit juice. You will see the pop up asking for ingredients for the juice. When you post it, your friends will see the request and will send you the ingredients you need, in this case, grapefruits.

Those ingredients will go into your gift box and you have to store them to count into your quest.
It's not letting me do that. I click on the +, and it starts to show a pop up, then it goes away. I thought maybe it was my pop up settings, so I tried a different one than the one that's my quest, and it showed the request right away. So it's not letting me request the ingredient that I need.

I tried the grapefruit a couple of times, then I tried 2 others. I tried the grapefruit again, and it still didn't give me the request, then it told me that I made 5 requests. I didn't post any of them, but it counted the ones it didn't give me.

I'm just not going to do quests. It's just too much headache for too little return. I'm using up way too many coins to get things to do them, and it won't even let me request the ingredient even on a gift lifeline, so I'm just done with them. Thanks anyhow!

Last edited by farmerKBW; Jul 11 2016 at 01:07 PM. Reason: updated info
Old Jul 11 2016, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmerKBW View Post
It's not letting me do that. I click on the +, and it starts to show a pop up, then it goes away. I thought maybe it was my pop up settings, so I tried a different one than the one that's my quest, and it showed the request right away. So it's not letting me request the ingredient that I need.

I tried the grapefruit a couple of times, then I tried 2 others. I tried the grapefruit again, and it still didn't give me the request, then it told me that I made 5 requests. I didn't post any of them, but it counted the ones it didn't give me.

I'm just not going to do quests. It's just too much headache for too little return. I'm using up way too many coins to get things to do them, and it won't even let me request the ingredient even on a gift lifeline, so I'm just done with them. Thanks anyhow!

I'm sorry, I have tried and got the same.

We will send this to the developers to let them know the problem with asking ingredients in this facility
Old Jul 11 2016, 03:01 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Thanks for the clarity about that lifeline, why doesn't the game say that? All it says are gifts, and the icon is the gift icon, so it makes it seem that it can only be from the gift list.
I had the exact same problem. For years I thought the gifting lifeline only applied to free gifts. It was only as I was reading the forum that I realized it also applied to ingredient requests. The information is included, quite clearly, in the Quests thread under Help and Support. It was my own fault for not reading close enough. But I do wish it could be included somewhere in the game. I actually got a quest today where I'll be able to request the Candle with Holder to get Scented Candles and finish the quest. It makes me very happy when the lifelines do what they should do like that.
Old Jul 11 2016, 09:14 PM

For the second week, when I open the regular quest box to redeem the item I need to reach the completion of #8, one of the items has been deleted so instead of the 7 that had been there the total has been reduced to 6, which means when I click the last item I only have a total of 7 vs the 8 needed. ....very discouraging--especially since I watch those numbers so carefully. Shirley alias Zany Clover
Old Jul 11 2016, 09:45 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zany Clover View Post
For the second week, when I open the regular quest box to redeem the item I need to reach the completion of #8, one of the items has been deleted so instead of the 7 that had been there the total has been reduced to 6, which means when I click the last item I only have a total of 7 vs the 8 needed. ....very discouraging--especially since I watch those numbers so carefully. Shirley alias Zany Clover
Hi Shirley,
A quest is only good for exactly 7 days to the second for collecting the farm cash after the last step of that quest is completed. Quests are not added to the chart by the time you collect the coins for them, but by the time the last step is completed, even though they are not added to the chart until you do collect the coins.
So for example if a quest completes at 9:43 PM on Monday then it will no longer count for farm cash at 9:43 on the following Monday.
This is why we recommend you not complete the last step of any quests you are carrying over to the next week for at least a day after you have collected. That way you have some time if you are not ready to collect at exactly the same time each week and won't lose quests due to them expiring for the collection.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jul 11 2016, 11:10 PM

The issue was not with the last quest to be completed. The previous time I opened the quest box, I finished quest no. 7, and it was added to the completed box. The total was correct. When I went back to click the completed final quest, which should have made a total of 8, the number in the completed quest box BEFORE I clicked the just completed quest was 6 instead of 7---one of the completed quests that had previously been added to the box had been lost or was gone. Thus when I clicked my final quest, which should have been #8, it made the total advance by 1--correctly--but the total was only 7 completed quests, not the 8 required---which I actually had finished.
Old Jul 11 2016, 11:22 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zany Clover View Post
The issue was not with the last quest to be completed. The previous time I opened the quest box, I finished quest no. 7, and it was added to the completed box. The total was correct. When I went back to click the completed final quest, which should have made a total of 8, the number in the completed quest box BEFORE I clicked the just completed quest was 6 instead of 7---one of the completed quests that had previously been added to the box had been lost or was gone. Thus when I clicked my final quest, which should have been #8, it made the total advance by 1--correctly--but the total was only 7 completed quests, not the 8 required---which I actually had finished.
Hi Shirley,
Please note all times listed below are in Eastern Daylight Savings Time as that is the time zone for the servers. If you are in another time zone you will have to convert the times to your zone.
The first quest you completed after you collected last Monday (July 4th)at 13:53 (1:53 PM) was completed at 21:19 (9:19 PM) on the 4th. That means that quest would no longer count and would drop off at 21:19 tonight. You didn't collect tonight until 22:07 (10:07 PM) which means that first quest you completed on the 4th was no longer countable because it was 7 days and 48 minutes old. That is why it dropped back from 7 completed to 6 completed.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jul 12 2016, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marymarcel View Post
Hi farmerKBW

Taz is not available at this moment.

I will give an example for asking for ingredients.

You have the Healthy Juice stand and you need grapefruits to make Grapefruit juice. Then you need to open the facility and then click in the + icon for the Grapefruit juice. You will see the pop up asking for ingredients for the juice. When you post it, your friends will see the request and will send you the ingredients you need, in this case, grapefruits.

Those ingredients will go into your gift box and you have to store them to count into your quest.
Today, I have a different quest, and I had the same lifeline. I'm having a hard time getting the quests to recognize my oil refineries when I have to make petroleum, which is frustrating. I usually have to go through 3 cycles before it shows that it has even one barrel, and I don't know why.

Anyhow, it's doing this today, so I decided - since the petroleum is for making turpentine to make a rubber mat - to request the ingredients for a rubber mat. One of my neighbors sent me the materials for many rubber mats, which means a lot of turpentine, too. But, the quest hasn't registered any of the gifts my neighbor gave me.

I tried refreshing my farm, but it still is waiting another 4 hours for my facility to make petroleum for the third time since I started this quest. Since it also then takes several hours to make turpentine then the rubber mat, both of which I've made many of today, now it's taking me into tomorrow for a quest I should have been able to finish today easily, since I started at 4:30 in the morning (I woke up to feed my cats and decided to get a start on the day before I went back to sleep).

So, even when I DID get ingredients on the gift lifeline, my quest isn't recognizing them.
Old Jul 12 2016, 08:19 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Today, I have a different quest, and I had the same lifeline. I'm having a hard time getting the quests to recognize my oil refineries when I have to make petroleum, which is frustrating. I usually have to go through 3 cycles before it shows that it has even one barrel, and I don't know why.

Anyhow, it's doing this today, so I decided - since the petroleum is for making turpentine to make a rubber mat - to request the ingredients for a rubber mat. One of my neighbors sent me the materials for many rubber mats, which means a lot of turpentine, too. But, the quest hasn't registered any of the gifts my neighbor gave me.

I tried refreshing my farm, but it still is waiting another 4 hours for my facility to make petroleum for the third time since I started this quest. Since it also then takes several hours to make turpentine then the rubber mat, both of which I've made many of today, now it's taking me into tomorrow for a quest I should have been able to finish today easily, since I started at 4:30 in the morning (I woke up to feed my cats and decided to get a start on the day before I went back to sleep).

So, even when I DID get ingredients on the gift lifeline, my quest isn't recognizing them.
Hi BKW,
The steps of the quest must be done in order. When you asked for the ingredients for the rubber sheet, you only get turpintine and latex and those can't register until you have done the cruse oil barrel and then the petrochemical barrel.
What ingredient requests did you post? To get to the turpintine, you would need to ask for Petrochemical barrels first to get the crude oil barrels, then ask for the turpintine to get the petrochemical barrel, then ask for rubber sheet to get the turpintine and the latex. Then you would have to accept those in the same order or the quest will not recognize them. So you see you don't get the product you ask for, but get the ingredients to make the product.
If you are doing it yourself for this then you need to start 1 batch in an oil pump (3 hours), then start a batch of the petrochemical barrels (6 hours), and then start 1 batch of turpintine (6 hours). So it can take some time that way.
Old Jul 17 2016, 08:32 AM
Account Not Linked

I'll put this here because it's not really a support question, just something that's been puzzling me. How come sometimes when I'm going through my co-op quests and I buy items from neighbors, I'll get a number on the left side of the slash? I know that a number on the left side means a completed quest and a number on the right means an expired quest. Why would it indicate a completed quest when all I've done is buy an ingredient? I thought maybe it meant I had a quest ready to run or that someone had helped me with an ingredient, but sometimes it shows up when I've completed any step of the quest. E.g., I just bought purple grapes for a Red Wine Aged 3 Yr quest, and I got a 1. It doesn't happen every time either. Just now and then. Is there some rhyme and reason to this or do those numbers just act quirky sometimes?