Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Jul 08 2016, 10:31 PM

I got my second Quest and I need a juice factory. That is a FC factory and I don't have enough FC to buy it and won't have enough it before the quest expires in 3 more days so I will have to let it expire. My question is will I be able to redo the quest when I get a juice factory?
Old Jul 08 2016, 10:47 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccheney View Post
I got my second Quest and I need a juice factory. That is a FC factory and I don't have enough FC to buy it and won't have enough it before the quest expires in 3 more days so I will have to let it expire. My question is will I be able to redo the quest when I get a juice factory?
Hi ccheney,
Once the quest has expired it is gone. Whether you get the same quest again later depends on whether you get it again. The quests are randomly assigned, so there will be a chance that you will get it again sometime in the future as much as there is a chance you may never see it again.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jul 09 2016, 10:02 AM

Default Quests

Just a tip that I find helps on quests. I maintain 2 farms of Quest crops. I plant 10 each of crops that take 12 or more hours to grow. I plant 10 because that is the most crops I have ever needed at once for a quest. I keep them until they are about to waste in case I need them for a quest. Ex. This morning I needed soy beans, cotton and blueberries for a new quest. I had all of them grown and ready to harvest. What I don't need I harvest and replant. The faster the quest is completed, the larger the coin return. It take a little time to maintain but better than waiting for a 3-day crop to mature. See what you think.

Last edited by marymarcel; Jul 09 2016 at 10:25 AM. Reason: pic too big, fixed
Old Jul 09 2016, 08:46 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auntie Al View Post
Just a tip that I find helps on quests. I maintain 2 farms of Quest crops. I plant 10 each of crops that take 12 or more hours to grow. I plant 10 because that is the most crops I have ever needed at once for a quest. I keep them until they are about to waste in case I need them for a quest. Ex. This morning I needed soy beans, cotton and blueberries for a new quest. I had all of them grown and ready to harvest. What I don't need I harvest and replant. The faster the quest is completed, the larger the coin return. It take a little time to maintain but better than waiting for a 3-day crop to mature. See what you think.
Yeah, I do that, too. I also have a separate quest farm for trees and flowers that I only harvest when needed. I just check the maximum number I would need for any product and plant that many, though keeping the farm fertilized doubles the output so I actually have twice what I need. I also rotate my animal house collections so I'm never more than a few hours from collecting on those.
Old Jul 09 2016, 09:22 PM

Same here on trees and animals. I got nailed once needing milk!
Old Jul 10 2016, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi ccheney,
Once the quest has expired it is gone. Whether you get the same quest again later depends on whether you get it again. The quests are randomly assigned, so there will be a chance that you will get it again sometime in the future as much as there is a chance you may never see it again.
Thanks for the reply.
Old Jul 10 2016, 03:13 PM

I've seen this addressed in posts as far back as 2009, so I'll add my voice, because hopefully there's strength in numbers at some point.

I just started doing quests last week, today started my 3rd week of doing them, I just do the regular ones (the brown box). I click on the lifeline to see what it is, and sometimes, it's helpful.

But, when it's the "gift" lifeline, I have yet to see it be helpful. I'm sure that the lifeline is most likely generated at random, but can the quest generator know somehow that the tasks it has assigned - the items one has to obtain - are NOT on the gift list? I have yet to get a "gift" lifeline where even ONE item is on the gift list! Either only link that lifeline with quests where at least one item is on the gift list, eliminate that lifeline, or allow things that aren't normally on the gift list to be gifted for quests.

My friends who do co-op quests feel bad for me, because today, the ONLY step I have in my quest is to harvest grapefruit. And my lifeline is the gift lifeline. If it was the worker lifeline, that would've been wonderful, I'm a superneighbor to 2 friends who do co-op quests and they allow me to come to their quest farms and work for what I need, or they post their facilities for me to work. But no one can do anything with that. And tomorrow, while I'm still waiting for my grapefruit trees to harvest, I'll start a new quest, and not be able to have a lifeline, because I have this one open that I can't use.

People have been begging since 2009 to be able to close out a lifeline when it's unusable. This is 7 years later, and I see that that's still not possible. That's kind of ridiculous. There's only two steps to my current quest, neither step can use this lifeline, I should be able to close it out so I can use a lifeline for tomorrow's quest before today's quest is finished. Otherwise, lifelines are useless. I had one gift lifeline on a quest last week, my first week of doing quests, where I couldn't complete the quest because I couldn't purchase the final facility, I couldn't afford the FC facility. And the ENTIRE WEEK, I couldn't use lifelines, because that one was hung up on a quest that was open for an entire week.

If you're going to have lifelines, at least let us close them out if they are inappropriate. Or make sure they are never inappropriate. Why have a gift lifeline on quests where no items are on the gift list? So, that's my suggestion, something needs to be done with those lifelines so that they are appropriate and usable. I don't mean that I need a guarantee that I can use it - I had a lifeline yesterday of being able to buy things I needed in the market, except no one was selling anything - then that's my problem, I had to grow the crops myself. That's fine with me, that's not the same as they were something that couldn't be purchased in the market. All I want is for the lifelines to be appropriate for the quest, and/or give us the ability to close the lifeline before the end of the quest if we can't use it.
Old Jul 10 2016, 04:48 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmerKBW View Post
I've seen this addressed in posts as far back as 2009, so I'll add my voice, because hopefully there's strength in numbers at some point.

I just started doing quests last week, today started my 3rd week of doing them, I just do the regular ones (the brown box). I click on the lifeline to see what it is, and sometimes, it's helpful.

But, when it's the "gift" lifeline, I have yet to see it be helpful. I'm sure that the lifeline is most likely generated at random, but can the quest generator know somehow that the tasks it has assigned - the items one has to obtain - are NOT on the gift list? I have yet to get a "gift" lifeline where even ONE item is on the gift list! Either only link that lifeline with quests where at least one item is on the gift list, eliminate that lifeline, or allow things that aren't normally on the gift list to be gifted for quests.

My friends who do co-op quests feel bad for me, because today, the ONLY step I have in my quest is to harvest grapefruit. And my lifeline is the gift lifeline. If it was the worker lifeline, that would've been wonderful, I'm a superneighbor to 2 friends who do co-op quests and they allow me to come to their quest farms and work for what I need, or they post their facilities for me to work. But no one can do anything with that. And tomorrow, while I'm still waiting for my grapefruit trees to harvest, I'll start a new quest, and not be able to have a lifeline, because I have this one open that I can't use.

People have been begging since 2009 to be able to close out a lifeline when it's unusable. This is 7 years later, and I see that that's still not possible. That's kind of ridiculous. There's only two steps to my current quest, neither step can use this lifeline, I should be able to close it out so I can use a lifeline for tomorrow's quest before today's quest is finished. Otherwise, lifelines are useless. I had one gift lifeline on a quest last week, my first week of doing quests, where I couldn't complete the quest because I couldn't purchase the final facility, I couldn't afford the FC facility. And the ENTIRE WEEK, I couldn't use lifelines, because that one was hung up on a quest that was open for an entire week.

If you're going to have lifelines, at least let us close them out if they are inappropriate. Or make sure they are never inappropriate. Why have a gift lifeline on quests where no items are on the gift list? So, that's my suggestion, something needs to be done with those lifelines so that they are appropriate and usable. I don't mean that I need a guarantee that I can use it - I had a lifeline yesterday of being able to buy things I needed in the market, except no one was selling anything - then that's my problem, I had to grow the crops myself. That's fine with me, that's not the same as they were something that couldn't be purchased in the market. All I want is for the lifelines to be appropriate for the quest, and/or give us the ability to close the lifeline before the end of the quest if we can't use it.
Hi farmerKBW,
I have moved your post to the General Feedback thread about quests to answer you. First the quests have not been around since 2009. They were not started until mid 2012.
Gifts are not the only way to use the Gift Lifeline. You can also use the Ingredient Requests to get those items that you can't get from the gift page. For your grapefruit it is used in the herbal tea factory, spa supplies factory, healthy juice stand, and honey derivatives factor. If you have one of those facilities then you can ask for ingredients for any of the products in those facilities that use grapefruit.
The lifelines just like the quests themselves are randomly assigned, which means the program has a random number generator that picks a number between 1 & 3 for the lifelines. There isn't any input way to select by quest, so there is no way to select a lifeline by what type of quest it is.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jul 11 2016, 11:15 AM

Default clarity

Thanks for the clarity about that lifeline, why doesn't the game say that? All it says are gifts, and the icon is the gift icon, so it makes it seem that it can only be from the gift list.

As for dates, I messed up. I was looking to my right, which is where everyone's date they joined the forum is, and interpreted that as the posting date. It's been a long day, the quests have my head spinning. Sorry about that.

I never attempted them until week before last, and I did read the forum's guide for them, but it's not as detailed as it could be. Even my friends who've been doing quests for a long time don't know that they can gift ingredients, because I've complained to them about the gift lifeline and none of them has said, "I can gift that to you as an ingredient."

I don't have any facilities that I haven't gotten specifically for each quest, so can they gift the ingredients to me for the facility for which I'm doing the quest? Or does it have to be a different facility? I'm only doing quests to earn more FC for tools, I'm trying not to spend FC to do it, defeats the purpose.

Add on question after going back to my farm: I have the ingredient I need in my storage - in this case it's grapefruit. Perhaps because of that, I can't find where the facility has an option to ask for more. Again, I don't normally do facilities, so I'm looking for buttons, even on hover (I did them a long, long time ago, on another profile, when they first started, but I've forgotten everything I knew). Each quest wants you to get things anew for it, so even if I had 5,000 grapefruit in storage (theoretically), I still need new ones for this quest. How do I ask for a gift of those through a facility if I have plenty in stock as far as the facility is concerned?

Thanks! I'd ask my neighbors, but like I said, they are clueless how the gift lifeline works.

Last edited by farmerKBW; Jul 11 2016 at 12:50 PM.
Old Jul 11 2016, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmerKBW View Post
Thanks for the clarity about that lifeline, why doesn't the game say that? All it says are gifts, and the icon is the gift icon, so it makes it seem that it can only be from the gift list.

As for dates, I was going on what comments I saw on the quests forum that I was reading - maybe some of the oldest comments should be weeded through, since there are comments that go back to 2009.

I never attempted them until week before last, and I did read the forum's guide for them, but it's not as detailed as it could be. Even my friends who've been doing quests for a long time don't know that they can gift ingredients, because I've complained to them about the gift lifeline and none of them has said, "I can gift that to you as an ingredient."

I don't have any facilities that I haven't gotten specifically for each quest, so can they gift the ingredients to me for the facility for which I'm doing the quest? Or does it have to be a different facility? I'm only doing quests to earn more FC for tools, I'm trying not to spend FC to do it, defeats the purpose.
Hi farmerKBW

Taz is not available at this moment.

I will give an example for asking for ingredients.

You have the Healthy Juice stand and you need grapefruits to make Grapefruit juice. Then you need to open the facility and then click in the + icon for the Grapefruit juice. You will see the pop up asking for ingredients for the juice. When you post it, your friends will see the request and will send you the ingredients you need, in this case, grapefruits.

Those ingredients will go into your gift box and you have to store them to count into your quest.