Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jun 10 2012, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvoyce View Post
Hun, it wasn't you. Someone sent me a private message.... You never said anything about the way people play. I was basically told that I play the game wrong. Completely untrue. I was simply pointing out that this isn't about the players, its strictly about the game in order to improve it.
No worries..I guess I read your response the wrong way. Been up since 4AM with a sick niece so I am a tad tired.

Farm Town addict since May, 2010

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...2282&farm_ix=0
Old Jun 10 2012, 07:56 PM

WTF!!!! Please help me understand this thing. VERY frustrated, VERY disappointed, spent ral money and am ready to toss my computer out the window
Old Jun 10 2012, 08:05 PM

The train is a bit of a disappointment to me. It doesn't bring anything I need I was hoping that it would give us the ability to sell any extra high demand products (flour, sugar, milk, eggs, crops, flowers and tree products) we have to our neighbors. I usually spend between ten and twenty dollars a month on this game, but I won't be spending any on the train components.
Old Jun 10 2012, 08:09 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenJS22 View Post
Pythonis, I think the point is that those of us who have a few diligent neighbours left, find that they also have 14 farms filled with every conceivable facility and service resulting in it taking sometimes up to an hour to work each of their farm sets.

One of my neighbours has 14 copies of every single facility on her farms, then those farms are layered as well as covered in trees. Even my fast computer struggles to complete working for her in under an hour. My friend who is also her neighbour has a much slower computer and one which simply freezes if she even tries to work that particular farm.

Problem is that Miss 14 copies of everything has been my neighbour for three years now and is a good neighbour. If I want her to work my facilities, I must try to do hers, but it becomes extremely time consuming and sometimes very frustrating.

I have several neighbours which huge numbers of facilities to be worked, and apparently there are many more out there.

I have also found that those of my neighbours who continue to play are those who love the challenge of keeping up with it, but also have busy lives outside of FarmTown. Hence the need to be able to work our farms, without having it take all evening, or in some cases, all day.
Understandable, but honestly id say "aint worth the hassle. Bye"

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Jun 10 2012, 08:16 PM

Level:
XP:

I dont understand what you all mean by interaction. If you mean chatting it up with others im sorry but i never get anything other than an occasional thank you.

As for telling others how to play, nobody is doing that. People complain they can never get enough stock and other players give them ways of getting extra stock. Those people can take our advice and see if it works or not, or in some cases can tell us they aint gonna be changing the way they play and that we can just keep our advice to ourselves. Fine by me either way. im done helping ppl. If you want to go spend your hard earned money on putting 15 semi trucks and oil refineries on every farm then hey more power to ya.

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Jun 10 2012, 08:31 PM

Pending

- Lemongrass and Cashew sometime later today.

- New Facilities 3-4 days

Is this coming, or should I go to bed? Tired guys from staying on and waiting for something to be happening.... And the freight train was a complete disappointment--no help to me at all....
Old Jun 10 2012, 08:32 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
okay...but its 15 minutes. Its just 15 minutes. Just how busy and hectic of a life do you and anyone else live that ya cant spend 15 minutes. Heck i stare into the fridge for 15 minutes trying to decide if i want ham or turkey on my sandwich. If youre some soccer mom constantly running around doing errands, changing diapers, cleaning messes, paying bills, chatting on the phone, entertaining guests, etc then my gosh why even bother playing a game online. If that was me id never turn the stupid pc on.
The problem is not 15 minutes. The problem is when you spend 15 minutes per friend, that can turn into 4 hours. Trust me I have spent 4 hours working facilities once and don't work them now and if i do I choose which friends I work for and limit the time to 1 hour. I don't know about anyone else but I do have a life outside of FT and yet I may not work outside the house I do have to keep it clean and laundry done and meals on the table. I can not spend all day and night at the pc clicking on facilities,and I am certain I am not the only one that feels this way. I would like to see a facility manager so when I do do others facilities I can use it and not have to go from farm to farm just like at our farm .
Old Jun 10 2012, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvoyce View Post
It was my understanding that this forum is to discuss the development of this game. The game has its frustrations for its players. What the heck do you do with those people whose only frustrations are actually aimed AT the other players? Everyone enjoys the game for different reasons and play differently. You CAN'T criticize someone for wanting to keep factories full or not playing the identical way that you do! This is not a forum to critique the players. Sorry, the developers don't have control over that!

I'm sorry, I have shelled out quite a bit of $ on this game and I expect to be able to put my input in so that hopefully the game stays amazing. Do NOT come at me saying that I am playing wrong because my strategies in the game don't match your own. This forum is NOT to force everyone to play by your own preference. Speak about the game, don't message me with ridiculous complaints that don't even make sense because personally I think your way is the stupidest way to play the game. I like my way, as I expect you all to like your way and I don't bother your game preferences... Its a GAME! Make the game better, not the people.... everyone plays just fine for themselves...they way they WANT to! That's the point of the game! Personalization!
HUNH? What's the problem here?
Old Jun 10 2012, 08:37 PM

pythonis, you need to refrain from verbally attacking other paying players like that! This forum, this thread, is about "feedback", and some feedback has been positive since the release of the trains, and some has been negative. All of it has been constructive, and one farmer's opinion is as valuable as the next farmer's. There is no reason that players cannot suggest a tool to expedite how a task gets done in the game. There are tools that now allow us to "cash out all", there are tools which allow us to "Load all", there are tools which allow us to harvest/plow/sow all in one, and there are numerous other tools which offer us "shortcuts". I do not know what is so wrong with *suggesting* tools which make working for others a little easier. As we get more farms, and more facilities, and sometimes duplicates or triplicates of facilities across our farms, it is a fact which cannot be denied, that working these farms' facilities gets monotonous and time-consuming. If I want to help all the neighbours I have who post their facilities, and they all have 14 farms, and well over 100 facilities in most cases, yes, it would be great if there was some way to do so with greater speed. I know many of my neighbours have said they wished all of my facilities were limited to a couple of farms, because they just don't have the powerful PC's that make loading 14 farms as easy as someone with a more powerful system. Does this mean they should not play, simply because their computer becomes more easily taxed, and faster, than mine? Those whose computer time may be limited to a few hours after the children go to bed, etc, still have every right to play this game, and they even have a right to suggest ways of making it easier to work others' farms. Moderators have said often, that feedback and suggestions, good and bad, are welcome. Attacking other players, they have often said, is not.
Old Jun 10 2012, 08:41 PM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlies4ng3ls View Post
Well for the first time I have to say I'm sorely disappointed, despite buying the FC, I will not be spending it on Freight Trains, all of the things they bring we have in plentiful supply .... We are short on Wool, Milk, Eggs, Meat, Chicken and Sugar ... even stuff for the metal mills can be difficult despite having those on every farm .... Is it known if these things will be available using Freight in the future?

I'm sorry guys but I'm passing this one up ... looking forward to the new facilities (which I now have plenty of FC to buy) and the new crops.
I should have thought of that but was so excited that bought them all, BIG mistake, like you I think they put there the things we don't really need and we can get before the 7 days that it takes the train to come in to the station. We need CANVAS, CHICKEN, EGGS and all that other good stuff. The only wagon worth something is the red one that brings flour, corn flour and coffee, and then it takes less time to plant the whole 14 farms with wheat and harvest that to wait 7 days for the train. Anyway bought them and stuck with them if they decide in the future to really help us with the things we need I may used them again. Now waiting for trees, crops and the facilities as promised. It is almost midnight here and still no lemon grass or cashew trees... lol
Closed Thread