Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jun 09 2011, 06:33 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toranut97 View Post
I would like to thank the devs for the creation of the belt/dan system. I was pretty much ignoring it and occasionally benefitting from it, and I don't care if I understand all the details of it. Seems to work pretty good for me.

But even more, I just *love* watching folks around here getting their shorts all in a knot over basically no big deal. Best sideshow in town!!! I mean, you can just ignore it - don't request it, hide the requests from others if you want. Good Lord, when did this become life and death?! You folks crack me up!!!!
People have the right to say what they feel, particularly when people also pay with real money for things. The Devs welcome this feedback in order to improve the game.. if people dont have their say, then how do the devs know whats working or not? You sir, are entitled to your opinion, but so are others!
Old Jun 09 2011, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oopsy-Bumpty View Post
Calm down peeps stop trying to figure out all the specs of the belt system, we have been told that a clearer list is on it's way to us.

Meanwhile my main problem with the belts is still the way in which we request the bonus. The pop ups have now lessened, which is great BUT this also means I am not always being given the opportunity to post for the bonus. The other problem is when I do get the pop ups, I don't know when they will stop for that particular crop. I have sometimes posted all of them until they stop and then go to my profile to delete all the lesser levels, but that is not really a great way to have to go about doing things.

So while the specs/stats for the limits, quantities are being revised for us I also think the requesting method also needs to be investigated too. In a nutshell, the pop ups have been reduced, on the one hand that is great, but on the other it means we are missing opportunities and at times for the crops that we would REALLY like to request a bonus for.

I keep giving my solution to this with the hope that the devs will look into it. I feel that it would be more logical to completely do away with the pop up requests, and that we should be able to click on our belts at the seed store and make our request for a bonus from there. This will give us the chance to make the most of ALL our belts, as and when we want to. At the moment the pop ups are not just a lottery, but a pain for some people who are finding their walls jammed with unwanted posts.

Players can be more choosy about what they want for a bonus, thus making the belt challenge also last a lot longer.

I don't think you understand how the bonus works, as Raul has said, the one time popups for each belt are not that important. What is important is that you start receiving bonus points from then on, without popups. I don't bother my neighbors for each belt earned, unless I really need the extra crops immediately.

You don't need to request the onetime bonus and flood your neighbors wall
Old Jun 09 2011, 07:25 PM
Account Not Linked

Thanks for working so hard on the issues regarding the belts. I have been getting notices that I can only send ingredients to friends once every 12 hours instead of every three hours. I understood that the 12 hour limitation was only on the belt bonuses, not on the ingredients. Perhaps the limit is correct but I am getting the wrong message? I have not had time to check this possibility out. My friend requested ingredients for the Fish TV Dinner, so I didn't get it confused with the belt bonuses. Thank you!
Old Jun 09 2011, 07:26 PM

And the latest change has disabled the million coin limit for me, by my count, it stopped giving me any bonuses from my neighbors at about 300,000, even though I was gone for well over 12 hours at work today.... Good grief, let's please get it right!
Old Jun 09 2011, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Star View Post
Thanks for working so hard on the issues regarding the belts. I have been getting notices that I can only send ingredients to friends once every 12 hours instead of every three hours. I understood that the 12 hour limitation was only on the belt bonuses, not on the ingredients. Perhaps the limit is correct but I am getting the wrong message? I have not had time to check this possibility out. My friend requested ingredients for the Fish TV Dinner, so I didn't get it confused with the belt bonuses. Thank you!
it is 12 hrs on ingredients to
Old Jun 09 2011, 08:31 PM

Default Happy Farmer

Ok I think I got it now...

It doesn't matter who harvests because it's the grower who gets the belt increase and the extra bonus crops.

There is no current list that shows how many crops need to be harvested to reach each belt level. (That's ok, I can live with that)

To see how many harvests I need to reach the next belt level I can hover over the crop in the shop. (Done that, it works).

And the best one which I am following now is to make a list of friends called "farmtown" and post the bonus offers, if I choose to post at all, to that group only.

Problem solved. I'm off to grow some more crops and aim for the highest belts. And being the one that likes things evenly done, I will grow stuff I don't need, just to get the belts for that one too. Why? Because I'm mad. LMHO. Happy Farming everyone!
Old Jun 09 2011, 08:35 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieGecko View Post
Ok I think I got it now...

It doesn't matter who harvests because it's the grower who gets the belt increase and the extra bonus crops.

There is no current list that shows how many crops need to be harvested to reach each belt level. (That's ok, I can live with that)

To see how many harvests I need to reach the next belt level I can hover over the crop in the shop. (Done that, it works).

And the best one which I am following now is to make a list of friends called "farmtown" and post the bonus offers, if I choose to post at all, to that group only.

Problem solved. I'm off to grow some more crops and aim for the highest belts. And being the one that likes things evenly done, I will grow stuff I don't need, just to get the belts for that one too. Why? Because I'm mad. LMHO. Happy Farming everyone!
LMAO! great job.. have fun!
Old Jun 09 2011, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlgray View Post
You can get 130,000,000 coins in a few hours from people working your facilities? Sheesh. I know I don't play on the same level as you do, but I post mine and am lucky if I get anyone to work on them at all most days. Guess I need to recruit some new neighbors, mine seem too busy.
What I have found helps getting my neighbors to work my facilities is to send them an in game message when I post. Some of the others send me on too when they post. I seldom notice the posting on the wall but this helps a lot.
Old Jun 09 2011, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammy Snowbird View Post
Last four times I got a brown or black belt I clicked on the check telling me I was eligible for a bonus harvest of some percent but nothing was posted for my neighbors to click on. Has that been canceled?
I had that happen to me too, but after I logged out and back in again it started prompting me to post again. I had originally told it no cause I knew I others coming up but I didn't get to post them either, I thought it thought it was reading my mind or something, but it was wrong.

Doc
Old Jun 09 2011, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthorn View Post
For the violets brown belt I didn't get a pop-up to post to my wall, only an acknowledgement that I had attained it. For the Pink Rose brown belt, I posted it to my wall but only received a 5 x pink rose regular gift to my gift box for each click.

Edit: As with the Violets Brown belt, the Pink Rose Black Belt came up with an acknowledgement but no pop-up to post it to my wall. Seriously this needs to be looked at. I am 1,855 pink rose missing so far (371 per click) as a result of only getting a 5 x pink rose for each click!
I get the acknowledgements when I achieve new belts or dans, but I don't get a pop up to post on my wall. And when I click on a neighbor's achievement to get a bonus, I can only click on one, and after that I get a message that "You can send items to a friend once every 12 hours, please try again later." Maybe I just don't understand the system (I don't), but when it first started, it seems like I was able to click on more than one neighbor's post, and the time limit was 3 hours. From 3 hours to 12 hours seems like a big jump. Of course, I may just not understand it yet, but it's pretty frustrating right now.
Closed Thread