Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Dec 29 2016, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nettie (Q) View Post
The number of clicks required to load neighbours ships is ridiculous!
I just came online and had 6 ships docked in my portand was happy to fill them - BUT.....
1st...39 clicks
2nd...59 clicks
3rd...96 clicks
4th...71 clicks
5th...70 clicks
6th...20 clicks

Why so many? and why the difference?
This is one of the things they're changing, Nettie. Once they complete the changes they're working on now, we'll click once per container. We also get rewarded for our effort. This is what's now posted on the first post:

Quote:
b) The number of clicks per container when loading the ships in your port will always be 1, so it will never require more than 10 clicks to fully load a ship. You will also earn 500 coins for every container you load.

Farmer Squeak

Farmer Susan has been happily farming since July 27, 2009.
  • Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • ♫ Oh Give Me a Home . . .
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Old Dec 29 2016, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuckertbnc View Post
I thought I had read that we would be able to pick the entire 30 .... I made up a message and posted to my neighbors > I hope it still will be the entire 30 we get to choose , my first ship has been stuck in the 4th port and is due back tomorrow .... Farm Town Neighbors > The ships are going to have an itinerary of 30 neighbors that WE are going to be able to pick > That will become our Default Itinerary list .... I want to get the names of 30 neighbors .. Neighbors that will be doing the ships and are active every day .. Please ... I think we ALL should do this .... That way the ships will go quickly thru their trips and we don't have to message / bug neighbors that are Not doing the ships .. If you are willing to be on my list , Please post your name in Comments ... FYI > I will be glad to be on anyone's list .... !!! If you decide to do the same Please > Copy and Paste this notice , so the comments will be Your neighbors for Your List ....
Tuckertbnc, originally, they were going to allow us to choose the entire 30, but they decided to do this: a) give us better lists to start with; b) allow us to pick SOME of the people on our list (they're saying at least 10); and c) not limit us on the number of ports we skip.

The original itinerary will be made up of that list at the bottom of our screen that says "So and so sent you a gift/accelerated your train/whatever". That way, all 30 people will have actively helped US on OUR farm very recently. I think this is going to be better. We'll have a better list to start with, we'll be able to replace some of the people on it, and we'll be able to skip ports anytime we want to. When we skip, we won't earn the rewards for that step, but that seems like it will make it part of the fun - that seems like a good step to me.

Farmer Squeak

• Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Old Dec 29 2016, 09:53 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul View Post
- Here is an updated list of the changes to the Ships we are planning to release soon:

a) You will be able to skip any port at any time without waiting. Notice that skipping a port lower the rewards of every port after it, the rewards of any remaining port shifts to the right. For example, if the reward on port 28 is 1000 products, port 29 is 2000 products and port 30 is 3000 products, then if you skip port 28, the reward on port 28 (the one you skipped) will be 0, port 29 will be 1000 products and port 30 will be 2000 products. You basically gave up the chances of earning 3000 products (not 1000) by skipping port 28.

b) The number of clicks per container when loading the ships in your port will always be 1, so it will never require more than 10 clicks to fully load a ship. You will also earn 500 coins for every container you load.

c) When you start preparing the Ship, we will always select a tentative itinerary for you, which will be composed by the neighbours that have helped you in the past week, which you can see at the very bottom of the screen, the boxes with pictures that say "XYZ sent you a gift", etc. If that is not enough to complete the 30 neighbours needed for the itinerary, we will then complete the rest of the ports using the same method we are using now, based on the last date they have played.

d) During the preparation phase you will be able to replace up to a certain number of neighbours in your itinerary. The final number will be decided later on, but it will be at least 10.

The feature d) above will require a few days to complete, we estimate the first 3 should be release sometime this week.
All reasonable changes, thank you.
Old Dec 29 2016, 10:03 AM

Here is my story: I don't need the extra products so I bought 1 ship and loaded 1 carton so I could get the feel of how it would work and build a strategy. My first 2 stops are a neighbor who rarely plays. After 2 days she sent it on. The second port is hers as well and my ship has been there for 4.6 days. After 2 messages I've given up. I know this will change in the future. I, in the meantime, have loaded more ships than I can count some requiring 10 clicks and some 80 or more. It's no trouble, not a burden, and it's fun. I'm not sure what the future holds as far as sending ships out myself but I will continue to load the ships that come to my port. So my question is: If I don't send out ships will I still be able to load my neighbor's ships as they come to my port?
Thanks to all of the moderators and devs for addressing all these posts...this is huge
Old Dec 29 2016, 10:16 AM

Default Cargo Ships

Thirty ports are too many. I have been waiting over 4 days for one person to work on my ship and they are on port 3. Less ports. My ship is coming in less than a day and I'll only have 2 ports completed. It's a waste of time.
Old Dec 29 2016, 10:20 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjyhey3 View Post
Here is my story: I don't need the extra products so I bought 1 ship and loaded 1 carton so I could get the feel of how it would work and build a strategy. My first 2 stops are a neighbor who rarely plays. After 2 days she sent it on. The second port is hers as well and my ship has been there for 4.6 days. After 2 messages I've given up. I know this will change in the future. I, in the meantime, have loaded more ships than I can count some requiring 10 clicks and some 80 or more. It's no trouble, not a burden, and it's fun. I'm not sure what the future holds as far as sending ships out myself but I will continue to load the ships that come to my port. So my question is: If I don't send out ships will I still be able to load my neighbor's ships as they come to my port?
Thanks to all of the moderators and devs for addressing all these posts...this is huge
Hi bjyhey3,

There is nothing to say that you can't help your neighbours with their ships even if you do not send any yourself. The only requirement is that you are an active player and you happen to be one of those that is chosen for your friends ship itinerary.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Dec 29 2016, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imcgowan View Post
Thirty ports are too many. I have been waiting over 4 days for one person to work on my ship and they are on port 3. Less ports. My ship is coming in less than a day and I'll only have 2 ports completed. It's a waste of time.
imcgowan, I've seen your requests about this before but I don't understand. To me, the more ports the better. Once I send a ship out, there's nothing else for me to do. I guess for people who are sending notes to neighbors, that might be a lot to keep up with, but I decided not to do that. Tried it once, didn't feel good (even though the neighbor was very nice and did move my ship). So I launch a ship and that's it. The more ports we have, the more potential goodies we get. Sure, we're not going to get all 30 all the time. This first round, I doubt very much that I'll get to 30 on ANY of my ships, but I'm getting SOMETHING on each one. But I WANT the number of ports kept high so I at least have the chance of getting a huge amount of goods. Once the new changes get here, that goal will be easier to reach. And also, this may seem weird, but to me, it's important to have goals that you DON'T get each and every time. I'm thinking the game would get boring if I got all ports for all ships ALL the time.

Anyway, just my two cents. I love it that the number of ports is fairly high. More potential goodies for me.

Added later: Maybe you're wanting just as many goodies with fewer ports. That makes sense. I'm thinking after the changes they add, all will be well with the 30. I'm willing to try that for awhile and see how it goes.

Farmer Squeak

• Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫

Last edited by Farmer_Susan; Dec 29 2016 at 11:24 AM. Reason: New idea
Old Dec 29 2016, 11:10 AM
Account Not Linked

Thank you devs - you are awesome in the way you listen to our feedback! You're so willing to tweak and change things until you get them right or as right as they can be. Looking forward to experimenting with the updates soon.

It is feeling a lot like the early days of farm town - a hyper active forum meaning lots of lively discussion. I hope other players have enjoyed the forum discussions as much as I have. And I've picked up some very useful tips too!

Big shout out to our incredibly awesome mods. These folks have been going non stop to answer our questions, helping us with problems and graciously reminding us to be kind to one another.
Old Dec 29 2016, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftjill View Post
It is feeling a lot like the early days of farm town - a hyper active forum meaning lots of lively discussion. I hope other players have enjoyed the forum discussions as much as I have. And I've picked up some very useful tips too!
Ditto everything you said but especially the part above. To me, being able to come here and read the forum notes and reply is part of building community. I've loved it that it's been so active. Very fun. And I've learned stuff, too!

Farmer Squeak

• Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Old Dec 29 2016, 11:31 AM
Account Not Linked

I keep reloading my farm ,hoping instead of Ghost on my neighbor board I actually see them. Makes me come up with a idea.When you go to your ship log,ghost there too.Have it so we can click from there ,to message neighbors.I have 2 Mikes,and both are faceless right now.Yes I message neighbors.Hope they are not getting sick of it.

Also,we have to keep in mine,how many time zones there are. I have neighbors in England ,Australia, France and etc.
Closed Thread