Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Dec 27 2016, 07:55 PM

I think some of the issues with ships being stuck port not as many are not playing right now because of hoilday
Old Dec 27 2016, 08:32 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
We have gotten clarification from the developers on the clicking. It can take from 1 - 10 clicks Per container. If you have only one container in the ship, it will require from 1 to 10 clicks. If you have the ship fully loaded with 10 containers it will require from 1 to 100 clicks. It also depends on how far the ship has traveled, the exact rule is that in the first 3 ports it will require 1 click per container, on the next 3 ports, 2 clicks, therefore, on the last 3 ports of the itinerary it will require 10 clicks per container.
Yeah, I have to agree with the others. Where's the incentive to click 100 times? I have a few neighbors with 200 facilities on one farm. I have to click 100 times there, too, but at least I get goods and points for the NCC for my efforts.

And as someone else pointed out, the less you play FT, the further down you are on the itinerary, and the more you have to click. What's the point in that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by max_river View Post
I think some of the issues with ships being stuck port not as many are not playing right now because of hoilday
I have a friend who's had my ship for two days, but it's only because she's still learning about the ships herself. Once players get used to this, and the devs tweak the selection process, we should have fewer stuck ships.
Old Dec 27 2016, 08:53 PM

For those who think they are over clicking to move move a ship along, download and install a mouse click counter. I have the same program on both my laptop and my desktop. I'm guessing that in the big picture that the actual counting of the clicks to be able to know how many clicks were performed could be part of the frustration.

To help de-stress the monotony of clicking, put on some music and click to the beat. You'll be suprised that the clicking will be done way before the song is over.
Old Dec 27 2016, 09:32 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockcandymountain View Post
For those who think they are over clicking to move move a ship along, download and install a mouse click counter. I have the same program on both my laptop and my desktop. I'm guessing that in the big picture that the actual counting of the clicks to be able to know how many clicks were performed could be part of the frustration.

To help de-stress the monotony of clicking, put on some music and click to the beat. You'll be suprised that the clicking will be done way before the song is over.
The problem I'm having with getting my ship moving onto the next port is that my neighbor doesn't understand she has to keep clicking and clicking and clicking until my ship moves on. She said she clicked a couple times and didn't see a Send button and will try again later.
Old Dec 27 2016, 09:50 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulcinea View Post
The problem I'm having with getting my ship moving onto the next port is that my neighbor doesn't understand she has to keep clicking and clicking and clicking until my ship moves on. She said she clicked a couple times and didn't see a Send button and will try again later.
Hio Dulcinea,
I always tell them to click until it disappears.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Dec 27 2016, 10:00 PM

Default Cargo Ships

I understand it's the holiday and some people are busy but it isn't all about that either. I have a neighbor who has my ship at her port for 3 days. Apparently she is having problems with her internet. These kind of interruptions, day to day life and obligations will make it difficult for ships to move forward.

I also question why the need for 30 ports. With all these issues it seems 30 ports are a bit much.
Old Dec 27 2016, 10:28 PM

the issue i'm having with my first ship is that it's "stuck" at the port of someone that's not even a FT neighbor, but she's not even on my facebook friends' list!! how is that possible?
Old Dec 27 2016, 10:32 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by minxie63 View Post
the issue i'm having with my first ship is that it's "stuck" at the port of someone that's not even a FT neighbor, but she's not even on my facebook friends' list!! how is that possible?
Hi Minxie,
They may have been a neighbor/friend before and still have you as a neighbor where you don't have them as a neighbor. I have a few of those and they have at least worked my ship.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Dec 27 2016, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockcandymountain View Post

I still think it's not a good idea to require so much. It's not just the monotony, it's really not good for us physically. That may sound like a dweeb response or something but I take physical health seriously. I don't have any debilitating physical conditions that have made me unable to use a mouse but I have enough "twinges" that I am conscious of wanting to limit the number of mouse clicks to make sure I DON'T go down that path. I think if I knew I had to click 100 times, I'd feel pretty torn. I'd definitely WANT to help the neighbor, but not sure it would be worth it.

Farmer Squeak

Farmer Susan has been happily farming since July 27, 2009.
  • Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • ♫ Oh Give Me a Home . . .
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Old Dec 28 2016, 02:22 AM

I have clicked on my left mouse button 242893 times since December 5th. thats almost 11000 a day. my clicking finger is huge!!!